N-Europe

Install Windows Vista on 2 PC's?

Slaggis

Unless your license allows you to install it on multiple computers its illegal. Now I don't know if windows comes in 2 computer licenses but you would know if you had that because you would have payed extra for it so find out but if your license doesn't allow for this.

DON'T DO IT

Unless your license allows you to install it on multiple computers its illegal. Now I don't know if windows comes in 2 computer licenses but you would know if you had that because you would have payed extra for it so find out but if your license doesn't allow for this.

DON'T DO IT

Ah, so I take it there's not? Bugger. Damn Microsoft. I buy one version and now have to buy another. That just sucks.

I know with XP you could install it using the same serial twice...

oem crack ftw

But Windows XP didn't have Windows Genuine Advantage, does it?

It's WGA I'de watch out with, they require a serial per isntall (wich is kind-of odd, what if you're PC fails and has to be replacd, and you want to install Vista again).

On Windows Vista, WGA validation failure has a greater impact. In addition to persistent notification and the disabling of non-critical updates, WGA also disables Windows Aero, Windows Defender, and ReadyBoost. The user is given a grace period in which to then pass validation, after which most of the operating system is disabled and Windows reverts to reduced functionality mode. (From Wikipedia)

That's what happens when you isntall twice with the same license, I guess.

But Windows XP didn't have Windows Genuine Advantage, does it?

It's WGA I'de watch out with, they require a serial per isntall (wich is kind-of odd, what if you're PC fails and has to be replacd, and you want to install Vista again).

That's what happens when you isntall twice with the same license, I guess.

It's possible to give them details of your vista account, and then they will give you a new serial if you need to reinstall it again.

Is it that easy to got a license from old Micry? Ah well. Don't want to start that again, but macOS X needs to activation. It doesn't even have a license key.

And in some ways, that makes perfect business sense. The more OS-es you get out there, the more software you can sell for it. It's as if the OS is the teaser for the software you can get. But okay, I was just mentiioning it. Didn't want to get you all wound up, now.

• 2 weeks later...
Installing XP twice I believe is perfectly legal. I think in the end it comes down to morals.

Microsoft will murder you then spit on your grave if you use the same license on two different computers /at the same time/ . It's legal to install Vista on one box, the uninstall it and install it on another box, but having it installed on both at the same time is illegal.

Oh yeah.

Microsoft will murder you then spit on your grave if you use the same license on two different computers /at the same time/ . It's legal to install Vista on one box, the uninstall it and install it on another box, but having it installed on both at the same time is illegal.

Oh yeah.

It is? Awesome. I didn't know that.

Is it that easy to got a license from old Micry? Ah well. Don't want to start that again, but macOS X needs to activation. It doesn't even have a license key.

And in some ways, that makes perfect business sense. The more OS-es you get out there, the more software you can sell for it. It's as if the OS is the teaser for the software you can get. But okay, I was just mentiioning it. Didn't want to get you all wound up, now.

I'm fairly sure if it was easy to install osx on any X86 computer Apple would put DRM and keys as well. Hell they've already been working on stopping the small community of OSX86 hackers.

I'm fairly sure if it was easy to install osx on any X86 computer Apple would put DRM and keys as well. Hell they've already been working on stopping the small community of OSX86 hackers.

True, but it's entirely possible to install MacOS X on another system, and fairly easely, or so I've heard. But for Apple, profits are computers, the attractive point for their computers is it's OS. Still, I enjoy Apple's OS not having any verification on it at all. Simple, simple.