NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

Xbox Live More Important than Wii...Says Molyneux

But on the Wii/DS you can barely talk to the other people, and not at all in-game. It's just like playing against the AI but with more hassle and longer loading.

I think that this is stupid

Only 1 man has said that and whats the big deal man......

Everyone has an opinion??

I agree that online gaming is a hardcore gamers thing. I mean the amount of abuse hurled at you on Live when you beat someone is just stupid, its so competitive. I never really have time for online gaming much as I have so many games that I want to get through. The lads on here always play Gears of War or Rainbow Six but I very rarely join in. IMO you cant beat a great single player game that totally takes over your life :)

*points at various Zelda, Mario and Metroid games*

Wow, you get abuse for winning?

Plus, online pales massively in comparison to local multiplayer.

I agree, I used to love playing C&C over a lan with 4 sat in the same room. And when it comes to FPS, in my opinion you still can't beat Goldeneye. That was soooo sweet. And multiplayer rocked.

And when it comes to FPS, in my opinion you still can't beat Goldeneye. That was soooo sweet. And multiplayer rocked.

Counter Strike owns Goldeneye in the face, sure the game did FPS multiplayer first but so many games do it better these days.

Counter Strike owns Goldeneye in the face, sure the game did FPS multiplayer first but so many games do it better these days.

Meh CS hasn't been fun for years. And they're pretty different. I have to admit though, the biggest fun I've ever had with multiplayer FPS was Perfect Dark.

Meh CS hasn't been fun for years. And they're pretty different. I have to admit though, the biggest fun I've ever had with multiplayer FPS was Perfect Dark.

How has Counter Strike suddenly become not fun then?

How has Counter Strike suddenly become not fun then?

Beats me, I just stopped liking it after 1.3. I play ocasionally, but I just don't enjoy it a lot.

Beats me, I just stopped liking it after 1.3. I play ocasionally, but I just don't enjoy it a lot.

Well I'm talking about Counter Strike Source, and whether your just playing CTs versus Ts, Gungame, Deathmatch, Zombie or a Funmap the game is always awesome.

There are four different zones on Live:

- Recreation - casual gamers

- Family - child friendly

- Professional - hardcore gamers

- Underground - anything goes...

Only Underground permits abusive behaviour. If you swear/attack anyone in any of the other zones, you are removed from the game.

That aint the case at all Dilli. I havent a clue why they have that thing next to your gamercard as I have Recreation as mine and a while back I got abuse from a yank due to my higher than average Gamerscore. He even went to the trouble of sending me a PM and voice message hurling more abuse at me. I love beating yanks :)

It's a pity the system can't monitor your behaviour online and automatically assign you to the zone that best suits you.

I agree, I used to love playing C&C over a lan with 4 sat in the same room. And when it comes to FPS, in my opinion you still can't beat Goldeneye. That was soooo sweet. And multiplayer rocked.

I had the 'pleasure' of playing Goldeneye while I was waiting at the hospital last week. I had to turn it off after 5 minutes because it was ruining what I think of the game as for me.

It's a pity the system can't monitor your behaviour online and automatically assign you to the zone that best suits you.

The zone really doesn't make a difference. It's a good idea in theory, but loads of people don't care about it and I don't even know if it matches you up with people in your own zone or not. The only game I really play online is Halo 2. Best online experience I've ever had. Probably best gaming experience I've ever had too.

I don't care what some idiot thinks about the wii remote. I only care that the Wii remote is the greatest controller in gaming history.

How can you compare a controller to an online service? What categories is the judging done in?

I don't care what some idiot thinks about the wii remote. I only care that the Wii remote is the greatest controller in gaming history.

How can you compare a controller to an online service? What categories is the judging done in?

Which judging category... that is a great question, but whatever. I agree with you, I don't really care what he says at this point, as online implementation in terms of what can be offered to the consumer has been around for a long time, with a steady build on what we can get out of it.

Live is a great service, regardless of the fact you have to pay money for it or not, but how can it be claimed to be more important than something that has taken a a larger leap in terms of what we had in gaming?

The importance of online gaming has been realised by plenty of companies and people before the ball really got rolling with live... so even if this guy believes that Live is more important than the Wii-mote, as its just one version of an online service, we've had them in the past and will have more in the future, so Live will only go down as a chapter in online gaming.

The Wii-mote on the otherhand is the first 'real' crack at motion sensing as it is the primary control type, not and add on or something additional. I mean, Sony were oppertunists with this once they found out about the Wii-mote (although the six-axis isn't really up to par), and it shows you the potential 'importance'. And it will go down as the beginning of this new way to play, in a monumental role, and something even greater if it is seriously implemented in the future.

OK, a bit too much there (and I wanted to write more :heh:) but you can see my stance.