N-Europe

I'm furious at Nintendo AS A PUBLISHER...

Dilli Gee

I find it funny how some people say certain things like they are fact. X-Box having more interesting games than Wii, for every good Wii game, X-Box has 3, yadda yadda. Do you even realise that's up to personal taste?

I have my Wii for less than a year, I love Wii Sports and Wii Play, I play them all the time with my family, Wario Ware and Rayman are great for relaxing, I enjoyed Red Steel, I love Sonic, Excite Truck and Mario Strikers, RE4 and TP is my favourite game ever. I also want to buy DBZ, Godfather, Scarface, Mercury Meltdown, SSX and some other games. Not to mention Trauma Center, Eledeed and the upcoming Super Paper Mario and MP3 Right there I've got "casual" games, mini games, Racing, Platform, Action, Puzzle, Adventure, Fighting, sport games,FPS and RPGs. That's plenty for me in less than a year.

As far as 360 is concerned I'm interested in Bioshock, Oblivion,Gears of War,Lost Planet,Viva Piñata,Lost Odisseye, Dead Rising and Halo 3 (probably some more I'm missing). Out of these I can play 5 on the PC and online isn't a decisive factor form me since I've been playing it for years on the PC. So, excuse me if I disagree with you when you say that 360 is delivering more than Wii and that the Nintendo Difference doesn't exist anymore. Also, because you see Wii60 on the internet and some disgruntled Nintendo fans because the big N didn't follow MS and Sony footsteps buying 360s doesn't mean Microsoft is dominating, because on a much shorter time, Wii sold more than 360. That has to count for something right?

Now, don't get me wrong, the 360 is a good console, a huge improvement over the first one and I want to get one, but Wii's first year was and is being the best start to a console I've ever seen. And as long as people realise that everyone has its own taste I don't think everything can be seen in a much broader perspective, because things aren't as black and white as you make them seem.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny how some people say certain things like they are fact. X-Box having more interesting games than Wii, for every good Wii game, X-Box has 3, yadda yadda. Do you even realise that's up to personal taste?

I have my Wii for less than a year, I love Wii Sports and Wii Play, I play them all the time with my family, Wario Ware and Rayman are great for relaxing, I enjoyed Red Steel, I love Sonic, Excite Truck and Mario Strikers, RE4 and TP is my favourite game ever. I also want to buy DBZ, Godfather, Scarface, Mercury Meltdown, SSX and some other games. Not to mention Trauma Center, Eledeed and the upcoming Super Paper Mario and MP3 Right there I've got "casual" games, mini games, Racing, Platform, Action, Puzzle, Adventure, Fighting, sport games,FPS and RPGs. That's plenty for me in less than a year.

As far as 360 is concerned I'm interested in Bioshock, Oblivion,Gears of War,Lost Planet,Viva Piñata,Lost Odisseye, Dead Rising and Halo 3 (probably some more I'm missing). Out of these I can play 5 on the PC and online isn't a decisive factor form me since I've been playing it for years on the PC. So, excuse me if I disagree with you when you say that 360 is delivering more than Wii and that the Nintendo Difference doesn't exist anymore. Also, because you see Wii60 on the internet and some disgruntled Nintendo fans because the big N didn't follow MS and Sony footsteps buying 360s doesn't mean Microsoft is dominating, because on a much shorter time, Wii sold more than 360. That has to count for something right?

Now, don't get me wrong, the 360 is a good console, a huge improvement over the first one and I want to get one, but Wii's first year was and is being the best start to a console I've ever seen. And as long as people realise that everyone has its own taste I don't think everything can be seen in a much broader perspective, because things aren't as black and white as you make them seem.

...Sorry, I just HAD to ROFLOL.

^Well...If you TRUELLY enjoy 100% what the has had to offer, such as the mini games you mentioned then hats off to ya, and to each his own et all. But boy, Wii sports is a distant memory for me and as far as I'm concerned Wii Play was only good for the Wii remote. My opinion, your opinion.

See, you're the best possible proof I can ask for my post. Idiots that can't take other people's opinions, because they are all high and mighty and whatever they say must be the absolute truth. So, by all means, do "ROFLOL".

I would have included the latter part of my post in one but the wii wouldn't allow it for some reason... Well what can I say? Enjoy? ;)...You lot get too damned emotional over the smallest things.

Wii isn't all about minigames ;) The people who generalize the Wii are quite possibly the same ones saying it's got only childish games on it. Pfeh.

Oh, and he didn't say it were only those mini-gamesgames he enjoyed, now did he? :p

^Well...If you TRUELLY enjoy 100% what the has had to offer, such as the mini games you mentioned then hats off to ya, and to each his own et all. But boy, Wii sports is a distant memory for me and as far as I'm concerned Wii Play was only good for the Wii remote. My opinion, your opinion.

I would have included the latter part of my post in one but the wii wouldn't allow it for some reason... Well what can I say? Enjoy? ;)...You lot get too damned emotional over the smallest things.

Emotional? You're the one who's "furious" at nintendo, I'm just posting my thoughts. I also find it funny that most of the games are post are "real" games, yet you choose to ignore them and talk only about Wii Sports and Play. Hats off to ye.

EDIT: You're not the one who's furious, my bad :P

Microsoft are certainly pushing the boat out at the minute, but as has been stated look at it's first year blah blah blah and all that.

Anyway, what i would like to add to this convo is the fact that the 360 is getting these games now is because it has already got a 1 year development advantage over the wii (and the console we shall not name), We all know the pain of waiting for a zelda game to come out and endlessly being delayed, for example: I bought a gamecube over 2 years ago so that i could play Twilight Princess when it came out, then i ended up getting it well over a year later as a launch title on launch night with my brand new wii! lol

Good things come to those who wait, this time next year we will be looking down the business end of a pretty sweet back catalogue, sure they might all be games of existing franchises (excluding a few new suprises that i am sure will arise) but they are all going to be be good games (hopefully)

Does a good game need to have mario in it? No.

Does a good game need to not have mario in it? No.

I have a 360 aswell, and even though there are plenty of good games coming out at the minute, can anyone honestly say there are any original games coming out?

Surely these games are just bigger (and sometimes better) versions of previous games or franchises, the fact that Bioshock is like Halflife does not mean it is not a brilliant game, as does the fact that Halo 3 is a sequel does not mean that i should cancel my week off work to play it!

A good game is a good game no matter what it's called or where it's from.

This time next year we will be looking back on a back catalogue of beatiful Nintendo big hitters, or we might just be looking back to check that a red shell isn't coming for us as we play mariokart wii online.

Wii isn't all about minigames ;) The people who generalize the Wii are quite possibly the same ones saying it's got only childish games on it. Pfeh.

Oh, and he didn't say it were only those mini-gamesgames he enjoyed, now did he? :p

...The damn reason why I said "such as".

Emotional? You're the one who's "furious" at nintendo, I'm just posting my thoughts. I also find it funny that most of the games are post are "real" games, yet you choose to ignore them and talk only about Wii Sports and Play. Hats off to ye.

EDIT: You're not the one who's furious, my bad :P

"Furious"? Go fucking read the name of the member who made that damn topic. Get your facts right before bomb-dropping. D-A.

Microsoft are certainly pushing the boat out at the minute, but as has been stated look at it's first year blah blah blah and all that.

I don't think Xbox 360 had a particularly bad first year. I think it's problem was all the key games were "good", but not particularly "killer".

Wii is the opposite - most of its games are pretty shite, but it has a few absolutely fantastic titles.

But since Gears of War, Microsoft Game Studios has been on a roll. Before I'd joke how they're a better publisher than Nintendo, but I now believe they might be.

^^ Now who's getting emotional :p

Sorry about the misquote too dude, must've read over it. The fact that you mentioned exactly that in your post though, must mean something, no?

You read over it because you just read what you wanted to believe - like most of the Nintendo mascots here. All you needed to do was read at a steady pace, calm down and evaluate appropriately what I was saying.

You read over it because you just read what you wanted to believe - like most of the Nintendo mascots here. All you needed to do was read at a steady pace, calm down and evaluate appropriately what I was saying.
...Sorry, I just HAD to ROFLOL.

;)

Would you please stop it? If I were the typical fanboy type o' guy, I wouldn't have bothered to apologize for my incomprehensible error, now would I?

Thing is, even though I missed two words in reading, I still think I got the gist of your post.

lol.. this thread is jokes..

If you dont like what Ninty has to offer then sell up and get suttin else, they dont owe you anything - they've given you 25 odd years of enjoyment, if they lose your support now I'm sure they wont be too alarmed.

Personally (that is, my own opinion) I think Nintendo has done a great job for the first year of the Wii in that the shear amount of originality is commendable in itself, especially in the light of taking on such a 'shit or bust' risk with the wii mote. But like I say, why bitch about it if your not happy with them. The whole point of there being 3 major players is that it gives people a choice on what to get.

That is all... i know this is gonna go on and on so in the words of Duncan Bannentyne - 'just so you know.... im out'!

: peace:

;)

Would you please stop it? If I were the typical fanboy type o' guy, I wouldn't have bothered to apologize for my incomprehensible error, now would I?

Thing is, even though I missed two words in reading, I still think I got the gist of your post.

Yes, the gist being not a lot of games on the Wii (so far) ooze with quality or replayability. Particularly those mentioned.

Right then i just thought i better say this, who would have ever imagined that a topic like this could break out on a games forum and games for the Sony format wouldn't even be part of the arguement!

Think how bad it would be if you were a sony fan!

Anyway, i would like to add this pint to the debate: Nothing like the wii has ever existed before, developers have been making shinyer versions of the same types of games for a decade now and i can imagine that even though games like warioware have shown the sheer amount of different things the wiimote could do, actually making a full title on a completely new idea never seen in games and making it work well (making it something that shigsy would be proud of) is probably a very difficult thing to do! Who knows what Ninty might have up their 'willy wonka crazy cat in the hat' sleeves!

Says the guy who can't even a fucking write one coherent sentence, and blames everyone who disagrees with him fanboy or moron. Nintendrone? TRUELLY? ROFLOL? Who the fuck you really think you are? Gamefaqs is that way.

Says the guy who can't even a fucking write one coherent sentence, and blames everyone who disagrees with him fanboy or moron. Nintendrone? TRUELLY? ROFLOL? Who the fuck you really think you are? Gamefaqs is that way.

Ah, look at the boy now fishing for comebacks...You're always good for a few laughs. Read your own posts for a minute and ask yourself how coherent you are.

The Wii era begins with Prime 3. Im not sure what that first year was all about

It better, I've got several Wii games that can't tempt me to turn on the machine. I've only bothered to complete Zelda. Resi4 got a few hours out of me, and Wii sports of course is good for a laugh, but I even find that it's boring me now.