N-Europe

TV Shows now on iTunes in UK

Charlie

All the people saying it's good for a few episodes, yeah it's ok but the problem with it is that Apple is still taking the piss out of the UK (as Nintendo, Microsoft etc. do aswell) by selling the episodes at nearly double the price of what Americans pay and giving us it so much later. Obviously we're not that important.

Apple can shove this up their a-hole.

Thing is, no one knows or gives a shit about DivX. My parents don't know what DivX is. Hell, I don't know what DivX is.

For most computer users there are videos and there are iPods. This doesn't mean we shouldn't call Apple out on their bullshit (DRM, profit margins) but it does mean that we need to recognise for 99.9998 of the people on the internet there are videos and iPods and no DixX or Studio6 or HG6Whatever the fuck.

Hence, we can show that (a) iTunes downloads are attractive (b) market share=responsibility, and © Apple need to sort their shit out and go DRM free at about 70p (about £16 per 22-season boxset).

It's my understanding that Apple don't want iTunes content to be DRM'd and that it's the music industry forcing them to do it. I don't really know though so don't call me an Apple fanboy if I'm wrong.

Thats right, Apple only adopted their FairPlay DRM to appease the music companies. Steve Jobs has been vocal about DRM earlier this year mouthing off about DRM and the need for DRM-free.