NEurope
Roostophe

This made me feel so old:

And I've only just realised that we're now in the late 2000's. Time's flying too fast for me. :weep:

Late 2000´s??? I wouldn´t really put it that way, as we´re only seven years into it.. and kind of like 993 years left of it..

Late 2000´s??? I wouldn´t really put it that way, as we´re only seven years into it.. and kind of like 993 years left of it..

I feel like a complete tool now! :cry:

But the world will end on the 21 December 2012 AD. :p

motion avatar remind me of old advert of Milky Way bar.

The fact that you say that watching Gladiators live wasn't all that makes me feel slightly less devastated that I didn't get to go when I was a kid Villan! Eliminator must have been cool though.

Well, I'm 15 and remember those things. I don't feel that old.

0181 811 8181

*sigh*..... That is all!

*Sniff* That number will always be scorched into my memory. Along with the comedy pairing of Gordon the Gopher and Phillip Schofield.

Erm ok... how about those of us who were born in the 80's, like properly 80's or even the 70s for some members?! (Don't think we have any out-of-the-60s members afaik)

Most of that stuff in that list comprises of crap that used to annoy the hell outta me because I was too old for it. It mostly comprises of disturbingly watered down childrens american comedy shows and just lower grade versions of everything we got in the 80s.

The 90s was the era when Saban force fed youngsters some of the most HEINOUS television ever created, not to mention the creation of the visciously pandering childrens shows ever. If only we knew that Teletubbies was only the start! :shakehead

That's pretty much how I feel about today's modern tosh. There's no Saturday morning telly anymore. As far as I know from my friends little brother who's 12 there's nothing like Pogs or Mini Boglins or Football Stickers in existence and if you do collect such things you're seen as immature and a loser. I mean what are todays kids going to get nostalgic about in the future? "LOL Remember when internet was just 56K, we couldn't even download music" or "Remember CD's, would want something you can actually see and hold rather than 2 billion songs on an I-Pod atom". It's just a bit sad really. Either that or I really am getting old and slightly middle aged in my thinking.

To add to the mix, classic comedy such as The Fast Show and Goodness Gracious Me.

It's totally true that the 80's and early 90's were th golden ages of television(basically before the internet)

the 80's had great shows like the raccoons,TMNT and tranformers.

MAny see these shows as cheesy but they didin't treat your kids like idiots.

Same with 90's which I grew up watching. Sonic satam was a fantastic cartoon.. Very mature themes at times. parts had to be cut from it at times.

People go crazy for spongebob and while it IS good it's nothing compared to programs like Dexter's lab or pinky and the brain.

Teletubbies Is officially the worst kids show ever... How did we go from the muppets which everyone could enjoy to idiots that can't even say hello properly. Tell me is that educational.

British television has absolutely lost it's way over the years. Taking over by shit like big brother. Used to be great shows like absolutely fabolous,Father ted,fawlty towers,red dwarf. In fact the only good one left is Doctor who.Also turns out the soaps are crap these days too. Eastenders is awful.

For cartoons I don't blame animie. God knows the japanese are the only ones creating great stuff these days so obviously they would almost take it over starting with pokemon.Name the last good action Western cartoon?

Love it. watched it before. |Great watch.

It's totally true that the 80's and early 90's were th golden ages of television(basically before the internet)

the 80's had great shows like the raccoons,TMNT and tranformers.

MAny see these shows as cheesy but they didin't treat your kids like idiots.

Same with 90's which I grew up watching. Sonic satam was a fantastic cartoon.. Very mature themes at times. parts had to be cut from it at times.

People go crazy for spongebob and while it IS good it's nothing compared to programs like Dexter's lab or pinky and the brain.

Teletubbies Is officially the worst kids show ever... How did we go from the muppets which everyone could enjoy to idiots that can't even say hello properly. Tell me is that educational.

British television has absolutely lost it's way over the years. Taking over by shit like big brother. Used to be great shows like absolutely fabolous,Father ted,fawlty towers,red dwarf. In fact the only good one left is Doctor who.Also turns out the soaps are crap these days too. Eastenders is awful.

For cartoons I don't blame animie. God knows the japanese are the only ones creating great stuff these days so obviously they would almost take it over starting with pokemon.Name the last good action Western cartoon?

QFT mcj metroid! :bowdown:

These days cartoons are horrible. They're trying to blend anime style with American style cartoons, resulting in utter crap. Anime is anime, Western cartoons are Western cartoons. It should be kept that way.

The fact that you say that watching Gladiators live wasn't all that makes me feel slightly less devastated that I didn't get to go when I was a kid Villan! Eliminator must have been cool though.

Actually, we left before they did the Eliminator round. We just could not be arsed to sit there for any longer. It took far too long.

i remember watching the news when the berlin wall came down. actually i remember quite a bit of the 80's.

Most of you guys aren't technically 90s kids. You're just all a bunch of silly old "Born in the 1980s but most of their childhood occured during the 1990s" kids. I was born in the 90s, you cannot claim my birth decade for yourselves! :heh:

In all seriousness, that list looks like something an American wrote and then some British fellow came along and slightly altered it. I do remember a lot of that stuff, and I didn't like a lot of it.

Most of you guys aren't technically 90s kids. You're just all a bunch of silly old "Born in the 1980s but most of their childhood occured during the 1990s" kids. I was born in the 90s, you cannot claim my birth decade for yourselves! :heh:

In all seriousness, that list looks like something an American wrote and then some British fellow came along and slightly altered it. I do remember a lot of that stuff, and I didn't like a lot of it.

Childhood in the 90's, and born in the 80's makes you a 90's kid....

I Don't get your post at all?

Quoted for truth. It's not as if we all became teenagers in 1990/1991.

Hey your right! NOT
Speaks the truth!!

ya But you're still of the 80's ha.

Oh my god who remembers the Masked Rider!

mmpr-al-maskedrider.jpg

I can remember him but not the show Caris. :sad:

But looks so awesome!!

It was awfully awesome. Although I don't remember much, apart from: I think the protagonist's name was Dex. And there was a little black lad, whose friend was some sort of furry furby-esque creature who once won $50,000 or something.