NEurope
Pesten

Veterans? gosh, I miss those good ol´ days..

Who knows. An indefinable amount of time. Shorter than an ice age but longer than the life expectancy of a hedgehog.

I remember joining and being very intimidated by the likes of Zeikfried so didn't post that much. But then you had the likes of Piro, Largo and Athriller who were all pretty cool. Bloody hell that must have been five or six years ago or something. Time flies when you're having fun.

I remember you WeeYellowBlock. :p

Miss your little dog. :sad:

Hmm there was another guy to who did pranks and stuff. But yeh fordprefect jesus, he made a comeback not so long ago?

Would that be spieluhr, the bloke with the oddly egg shaped head that spawned a thread of photoshops. Then he got banned for some reason and tried to take revenge.

Hmm there was another guy to who did pranks and stuff. But yeh fordprefect jesus, he made a comeback not so long ago?

He posted a little bit a few months back I think mostly out of boredom or whatever. Hes still even present in the IRC room.

I remember you WeeYellowBlock. :p

Miss your little dog. :sad:

Damn Dante you have to release some memoirs for the forum :D

Would that be spieluhr, the bloke with the oddly egg shaped head that spawned a thread of photoshops. Then he got banned for some reason and tried to take revenge.

Oh god he was insane but no this guy was funner insane he came back and did something to do with a fountian in his home country that got on the news abouta year back.

He posted a little bit a few months back I think mostly out of boredom or whatever. Hes still even present in the IRC room.

Oh dear god. :shakehead

I have been on c-e/n-e for near six years.
But you always seem new somehow. Shouldn't have changed to a cooler name!

Hey Pesten. I remember you. And Tim and Jim and Robb and Gerben and Goomba and Ford and svt4Him and Sven and all the others. And let's be honest, everyone has a glorified view of the past, but there were plenty of Imk243 and GodLike666inthehoodtobes around then too.

The good old days were pretty cool, but who knows, in 6 years, Fresh might be an admin running an all GLA mod-squad looking back saying "Remember Shorty and Flink and Ashley and those guys... man I hated them", just like we do about you. (Hey you were in a position of authority, we weren't, it was only natural!)

Back in the day there were sig contests and everyone made their own sigs. No exceptions, whether you were crap or amazing, it was yours. I won a drawing competition for my interpretation of Conan the Barbarian, which involved Alan Titchmarsh and a goose. j7wicked had an addiction to purple and Jav still had a sig with Fox McCloud on it (for like... 2 years). Seems weird to look back to the days before the Gamecube, but fuck it, they're gone. And you guys chose to leave us!

I remember you from way back when, but you remembering me is unlikely. Actually anyone remembering me is unlikely, I barely post. Used to be called R_Master if that helps. No, didn't think so.

Actually I was thinking a while back there was a case where some forum member was banned and he e-mailed the admin who banned him just ripping into the guy. So the admin makes a new topic and posts the e-mail and replys to it publically. Can anyone else remember this? I know its vague but it was like 4/5 years ago.

And actually I think the forum has gotten a little better. The posters are a little older and the topics more intelligent. Fanboyism isn't as frequent (though not gone). We moved from Nintendo official magazine to Edge if you will. The only thing we haven't got anymore is any radicals. The last were Dabookerman (who left for eurofusion) and The3rdChildren (who got banned after the epic thread). Its been a little qiuet round actually.

I remember you from way back when, but you remembering me is unlikely. Actually anyone remembering me is unlikely, I barely post. Used to be called R_Master if that helps. No, didn't think so.

Actually I was thinking a while back there was a case where some forum member was banned and he e-mailed the admin who banned him just ripping into the guy. So the admin makes a new topic and posts the e-mail and replys to it publically. Can anyone else remember this? I know its vague but it was like 4/5 years ago.

Im betting teh admin emailed was Svt4Him or if he was ever an admin Fordprefect. They were two diversive characters.

Haha I don't remember the admin but I think you're talking about Zeikfried's ban. It was always funny because it was like a whole essay about how he didn't care. Teh irony.

Im betting teh admin emailed was Svt4Him or if he was ever an admin Fordprefect. They were two diversive characters.

Haha I don't remember the admin but I think you're talking about Zeikfried's ban. It was always funny because it was like a whole essay about how he didn't care. Teh irony.

Sounds like Ziekfried. I think the last straw was him contnually posting goatse pictures. I was far to young to see that crap.

As for the admin it might have been FordPrefect. I remember him being a nice and sensible guy, but must have been in his thirties. He wanted it to be a family forum. Did good work.

Ha just random thought, I always remember I used to be scared to go on the general chat forum. They were scary days.

Your nick is familiar but I don't remember you very well :P

I'm getting old.

Ha just random thought, I always remember I used to be scared to go on the general chat forum. They were scary days.

I'm still scared of coming in here....*heads back to the pokemon thread*

As for the admin it might have been FordPrefect. I remember him being a nice and sensible guy, but must have been in his thirties. He wanted it to be a family forum. Did good work.

Heh. Nice, sensible and family forum are the last words I would expect to see used in conjunction with the name Ford Prefect. Sounds a bit more like Blackbird, who always struck me as a pleasant even handed kind of guy. Did like Ford though, he always injected a bit of controversy and livened things up a bit (sometimes going a bit far in the process).

Heh. Nice, sensible and family forum are the last words I would expect to see used in conjunction with the name Ford Prefect. Sounds a bit more like Blackbird, who always struck me as a pleasant even handed kind of guy. Did like Ford though, he always injected a bit of controversy and livened things up a bit (sometimes going a bit far in the process).

Hmm maybe i'm getting mixed up. There's was a group of the cube-europe admins and moderators, Tim being one of them, who all had the same design for a signature. It was kind of metal and mechanical and had little sparks coming off the side. He was one of them. God my memory sucks.

And I remember Blackbirds signature, and not quite getting it.

Sounds like Ziekfried. I think the last straw was him contnually posting goatse pictures. I was far to young to see that crap.

Think you mean Svt4Him not Ford Prefect.

This place has become a world of "veterans" thus we are all "regulars". I can see why the front page keeps begging people to join the forums.

Although, on a side note, I must ask that the link links are put further apart. When I click on where it says forums, it takes me to the "chatroom".

They were both dickheads.

Although, on a side note, I must ask that the link links are put further apart. When I click on where it says forums, it takes me to the "chatroom".
Just do what the rest of us do, bookmark the forums. Alternatively there's another link in the navigation on the left...

I don't think ford was ever an admin, and Zeik wouldn't have written to Blackbird. It may have been svt.

Pesten, eh? I vuagely remember you. Doubt you'll remember me, though. t was back in te day when I was a petty noob.

Anyway, veteran status. I've been here since January '04. Is that long enough?

Damn Dante you have to release some memoirs for the forum :D

The stuff i remember from cube-europe are;

• The topics that RoadKill & Offerman made.

• The "Any woman on here" topic

• The hating of Johnny Stichiano.

• The loving of Johelian.

• Blackbird's Batman New Year Sig

Oh god he was insane but no this guy was funner insane he came back and did something to do with a fountian in his home country that got on the news abouta year back.

Oh dear god. :shakehead

You talking about the mexican guy called LaIkMoSh.

He posted naked images of himself on cube-europe as well. :blank:

But you always seem new somehow. Shouldn't have changed to a cooler name!

Its a long story for the reason on why i had changed my name Shorty.

Folks were bullying me a lot on IRC, so I leave IRC but few days later Zeik started a thread about me on cube-europe and folks started bullying me on it.

Got upset by it all, so I leave the cube-europe forums as well and weeks later Largo wanted me to come back to IRC and boards.

I did come back on the fourms and IRC but by then new forum were starting to replace the old ones.

I signed on as Dante and hidden myself by posting news and trying to stay away from chat chit.

Just do what the rest of us do, bookmark the forums. Alternatively there's another link in the navigation on the left...

I don't think ford was ever an admin, and Zeik wouldn't have written to Blackbird. It may have been svt.

Or do what I do and have it as your home page :V

Anyways, I remember the good ol' purple days. Though I didn't sign-up until XSOrbit (oh god). Seriously though, why did it take so long to get off that software?

Shit. That´s a lot of replies..

There´s still a veterans forum? And I´m not in it? Wow... - and I guess since being one of the old Admins I have the right! :indeed:

And to all you guys who remember me - I remember most of you. If I dig hard into my rotting pulp they call my memory.

And that campaign to get those girls into the forum, was the rage! We doubled the amount of female posters on the forum back then. (from one female member to two... :heh: )

and by the way.. Isn´t it a bit inconsistent that it says under my nick; "New Member" - and underneath it says "Join Date Sep 2005"... :P

and by the way.. Isn´t it a bit inconsistent that it says under my nick; "New Member" - and underneath it says "Join Date Sep 2005"... :P

Time is meaningless. Only (good) posts.

ah, i was a regular on cube europe, i belive i had one of the highest post counts, and after much of my pissing and moaning was made a member of the c-e elite.

funny to think how times have changed.

Time is meaningless. Only (good) posts.

Yes, in that case shouldn´t it say something else than "new"? As "new" suggests that the person is a fresh adition - an not some old punk who have registered for a couple of years ago - but unfortunatly haven´t been as active as was the plan...

Maybe it should say something like "infrequent poster" :heh:

Or.. "Member who, at the current time standing, hasn´t contributed to the forums in any particular way". Too long maybe...