N-Europe

Wii60: Finding The Balance

dannbrownn

Hello! I am a keen wii60 gamer! I am finding a problem though... I keep neglecting one system for a week then switching to the other and so on!

I work 4 or five days a week and then spend all the rest of my time playing games, add in pokemon diamond on the DS and i am stretching my l33t skillz as far as they will go! lol

Anyway, the point of this topic is to see if there are any other wii60 fans out there and if they have the same issue as me.

I find that the 360's extra year has given it a clearly massive selection of games in comparison to the wii, so i find i am owning more 360 games and pretty much spending all the time i play them playing them online! Microsoft have been very clever with their achievement system because i am really hooked on getting all the gamerpoints i can (to prove how high up the wall i can wee!:indeed: ) So that is where my time goes on the 360...

...However i find i want to play the wii much more! and have a few game such as wii sports and big brain academy that can be played for just a few minutes a day... but it always turns into a good sit down with the game, i am also enjoying the godfather on the wii, along with voting on the everybody votes channel and getting distracted messing round on the news channel and so on... the time seems to drain away!

So with the launch of Halo 3 and Super Mario Galaxy by the end of the year i am going to be doing a lot of switching, because i really want to play Halo 3 online, but i am looking forward to Mario Galaxy far more out of the two titles!

Anyway, my question is, does anyone else find they don't know which system to fire up when they get home at night!!!?!

It depends what mood I'm in. Usually in the evenings I'll play the 360, cos that's when most people are on; during off days (or when people are round, we'll play the Wii).

It just depends what game I want to play; I've never had a dilema between consoles, more between games. Still need to complete loads.

We've recently bought a 360, after the footy season ended i stopped playing the only game I seriously played (Pro Evo), Gears of War never grabbed me and it just doesnt excite me in the same way the Wii does - seriously, the controls just feel so boring after the Wii! They really do. I look forward to Bioshock, but I know Metroid will blow it our of the water! I have fun playing the Wii - I can play average games and still have more fun with it because of the controls!!

So there is no dilema, I just dont play 360 really, my hosuemate does, but the WIi is still the console of choice in our house!

My 360 easily gets more game time as I prefer the traditional style of gaming. When I come in from work I really cant be bothered to move my hands around, even something like Excite Truck becomes a chore to play so my Wii only gts a little time on a weekend. The only exception to this is if I have VC game to play as I can use a normal pad.

Like you the achievement system has grabbed me and its great have things to play for aswell as just playing through the game normally. It is an awesome system that really lengthens the lifespan of a game.

At the end of the year it will be a mix of gaming though as Mario Galaxy, R Evil UC and NiGHTS will be out for the Wii and on the 360 I will have CoD4, Naruto, Assasins Creed, Halo 3 and Army of Two ( to name a few ).

Like most people, I just play whatever game grabs me at the moment. :)

Right now, I'm completing Paper Mario on the Wii, and I'm deciding whether to get Bioshock for the PC or 360. Probably 360 since I always seem to get a painfully tense neck whenever playing PC games. I haven't played any proper games on the 360 for a couple of months, only demos.

I'd wager the Wii will get almost all of the gaming time when it gets to the final three months of the year, and then when Brawl and Mario Kart come out here next year!

Hmm, maybe I'll grab a few minutes of some nice, relaxing, Wii Sports now.