N-Europe

Do you accept Nintendos laziness?

Falcon_BlizZACK

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laziness? They risked everything to totally go against the usual runnings of the industry and you think they're lazy?

If they were just interested in cash and rehashes we would have Gamecube 2s right now, not Wiis.

No.. we wouldnt.. If we had Gamecube 2's, Nintendo would be dead last and not making money at all.

The european division of Nintendo is incredibly. Give up your narrow minded fanboyism and listen to what the hell people are saying.

Laziness? They risked everything to totally go against the usual runnings of the industry and you think they're lazy?

If they were just interested in cash and rehashes we would have Gamecube 2s right now, not Wiis.

...What? Nintendo is the only game company out of the other two who HAVE to make a profit (to run their Subarus). So because of this fact, they are more inclined to play safe and stick the formula they know that has sold. Therefore limiting original creations, such as Pikmin but adding more Mario Tennis/football/golf, Cooking Mamas etc.

The Wii is affordable no doubt, but still overpriced for what it actually is. I'm sure manufacturing Wiis has a lower production cost from it's launch...But wheres the price cut? Nintendo are making a lot of rupees off gamers who ignorant to these facts. The Wii does not have the technicalities to be considered 'next gen' - it is cheap hardware with modified software, making it cheaper to produce...Wonder why your analog sticks have turned yellow? Or your wifi connection keeps cutting off? Or your 2007 brand new Wii games look like the 2004 GC version?

Basically, Nintendo don't really care about being the top innovator anymore, they just want golden coins at the minute...Little do they know some gamers are getting bored of the same ole approach, however, the Nintendrones are high in popullation for them to give a damn...Sadly.

...What? Nintendo is the only game company out of the other two who HAVE to make a profit (to run their Subarus). So because of this fact, they are more inclined to play safe and stick the formula they know that has sold. Therefore limiting original creations, such as Pikmin but adding more Mario Tennis/football/golf, Cooking Mamas etc.

The Wii is affordable no doubt, but still overpriced for what it actually is. I'm sure manufacturing Wiis has a lower production cost from it's launch...But wheres the price cut? Nintendo are making a lot of rupees off gamers who ignorant to these facts. The Wii does not have the technicalities to be considered 'next gen' - it is cheap hardware with modified software, making it cheaper to produce...Wonder why your analog sticks have turned yellow? Or your wifi connection keeps cutting off? Or your 2007 brand new Wii games look like the 2004 GC version?

Basically, Nintendo don't really care about being the top innovator anymore, they just want golden coins at the minute...Little do they know some gamers are getting bored of the same ole approach, however, the Nintendrones are high in popullation for them to give a damn...Sadly.

So much wrong with this. Firslty, it's absolutely absurd to criticize Nintendo for wanting to make a profit, why do you think Microsoft and Sony are in the industry? Yep, to make a profit, just through different ways that arn't avaliable to Nintendo.

Whether you class the Wii as next gen or not doesn't matter, it's a new console which demands completely new and different software. Sure, at the moment it's got an influx of PS2 ports and cash-ins, but you can't blame Nintendo for the fact third parties completely ignored them. They've done great to turn their fortunes around, and have got a very very solid line up post September.

For the record, My analgoue stick is fine, my Wi-fi works fine and plenty of Wii games graphics are up to my requirements. Funny how 360's are still reputable for completely bricking it, a good 20 months since launch.

Here's the line that gets me, "Nintendo don't really care about being the top innovator anymore". I mean, are you serious? They make a completely different console, going against the entire trend of the industry for the past 20 years, with completely different and radical marketing, software, appeal, everything, and they're NOT innovating? What the hell are you on?

I doubt people are getting bored, Wii's are still flying off of shelves, the games still keep selling and the third parties are queueing up to join the Wii train.

WAHHHHH. Nintendo subsidise their riskier projects with games they know will make money. They should do something new with everything and take unnecessary risk, WAHHHHH.

That's why Clover closed down. Capcom didn't realise that their super original games from Clover that lost money could be subsidised by their long-running series that do make money, until they eventually make someone new that takes the world by storm. Nintendo have been doing this forever, it's how titles like Pikmin (makes very little money) and Pokémon (makes a ton of money as an original creation) ever come about.

Cooking Mama isn't an original creation?

The Wii is affordable no doubt, but still overpriced for what it actually is. I'm sure manufacturing Wiis has a lower production cost from it's launch...But wheres the price cut?

Learn about business. Why the fuck should they cut the price? Because they're not taking a loss on it like the stupid companies who decided to piss all their money away on powerful chips?

The "affordable" arguement is horseshit. 360 is more expensive than Wii yet are more or less about as fun as eachother barring any fanboyism, therefore Wii is better value because you get more entertainment from an entertainment device for your money. The cost of the technology is entirely fucking irrelevent.

To use an analogy, NASA spent a billion dollars in R&D to create a pen that would work in zero gravity, under water and in other extreme conditions. The Russians used pencils. By your logic the NASA pen is better value purely because it's got more expensive technology behind it, even though it does the same damn job as a pencil.

Nintendo are making a lot of rupees off gamers who ignorant to these facts. The Wii does not have the technicalities to be considered 'next gen' - it is cheap hardware with modified software, making it cheaper to produce...Wonder why your analog sticks have turned yellow? Or your wifi connection keeps cutting off? Or your 2007 brand new Wii games look like the 2004 GC version?

I haven't noticed my analog sticks turning yellow, mainly because I don't pay attention to pointless bullshit. Good work though, Sherlock.

In my opinion Wii is the only next-gen console. I'll take next-gen gameplay over next-gen graphics any day of the week.

You notice those 360 games playing like last-gen games yet? I'm not getting RE5 because there's no way I'm going back to those stupid thumbtacks when a basic Wii port of the previous game did the job a shitload better.

Nintendo don't care about being the top innovator anymore. Despite the fact that they are the top innovator and are constantly coming out with new products that keep them in that position.

Try coming up with something better than "TP was too much like older Zeldas (it was actually supposed to be to give fans what they apparantly wanted, the next Zelda clearly isn't like other Zeldas)" and "there's no console Pokémon RPG (once again failing to understand business)" to back up this bullshit arguement.

[quote name=King_V;530981

Basically' date=' Nintendo don't really care about being the top innovator anymore, they just want golden coins at the minute...Little do they know some gamers are getting bored of the same ole approach, however, the Nintendrones are high in popullation...Sadly.[/quote]

I agree with most of what your saying. Its amazing how successful Nintendo's new 'less is more' business approach is. The pricing on everything from hardware to VC games is also a bit suspect. And the internal software coming out of Nintendo, while not bad, is anything but original

Now im gonna completely switch sides here. Theyre doing what they need to do to get Sony and MS off their shoulders and put themselves in a stronger position for the future. The Wii is nothing more than a rebuilding period for them.

Nintendo will undoubtedly be back on top and amassed a ridiculous fortune within the next 3-4 years. I hope they choose to spend part of that fortune on a truly spectacular console next time around and software to match.

If they take the same minimalist approach in 4 years, they won't get another dime from me

To use an analogy, NASA spent a billion dollars in R&D to create a pen that would work in zero gravity, under water and in other extreme conditions. The Russians used pencils. By your logic the NASA pen is better value purely because it's got more expensive technology behind it, even though it does the same damn job as a pencil.

And a ballpoint pen will work just as well in zero gravity, if you remember from QI :)

Also remember that with the new control format there's going to be a huge amount of ideas testing and it's going to take a long time to tweak and perfect the controls. So while they're testing ideas for new games (whether they be new franchises or not) they HAVE to put out the bread and butter stuff to keep us happy. Seriously...I'd rather wait a year or two for a highly polished, fluid game with expansive use of the Wiimote's capabilities rather than a game with a good idea behind which is fundamentally flawed at the controls level. Yeah, the wait is a pain but that comes with innovation.

I'd put money on Nintendo having some games in development which we don't know about that REALLY use the Wiimote. And it's not laziness that they don't speed up development. After all, Ninty have a reputation to uphold as probably the greatest games development company in the world especially after their standards slipped a little with the GC (they still produced great games, they just weren't quite as quality as their N64 counterparts...).

Being patient is a bitch but as long as the end product is good I shan't complain.

If by lazy you mean churning out awesome games more regularly than most companies, then yes. Yes I do.

Totally spot on, what other company produces as many quality games time after time after time, and has a golden history of doing so? Nintendo is the BEST producer of software the world over.

This year alone the world will see BWii, Super Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros and Metroid Prime 3. Are there any other companies doing the business like that?

Nintendo are the 'top innovator' as you put it. The Wii is the biggest innovation in gaming (well home gaming) since the N64! It's completely different to anything that has gone before and doesn't rely on simple upping the graphical detail of games, but adds a new dimension.

As for dropping the price of Wii, why? It's still the cheapest, comes with a great game, is VERY affordable for the impulse buyer, is available in most stres with brilliant bundles and is damn hard to get hold of because it's selling like hot cakes!

Why would Nintendo cut the price? SONY cut the price of the 60gb model to clear and introduced an 80gb model because the PS3 isn't selling. Microsoft have finally cut production costs and have dropped the price of the 360 to compete with the Wii and push out the PS3 further.

Dropping price can shift a few more units in the short term, but in the longterm it can give off signals of instability and a failing product - which is anything but the Wii!

I just won't be buying games like Wii Play/Cooking Mama, so I wish these types of games don't soak up the time and effort could have used to make games for other genres. That goes for the VC as well.

And yet this is the kind of game that's selling the system. I hear yet another person who's upset that the Wii is targeting _everyone_ with a TV, and not just people who spend most of their waking lives in front of a games console. Too bad. If you don't like the broadened appeal, then as a proper "gamer" you no doubt own other consoles you can purchase the latest platform/shooter for.

I wouldn't call attempting to cash in on a market completely ignored by Sony and Microsoft "lazy," I'd call it "good business sense." Nintendo doesn't have the money to gamble on systems that won't sell because they cost too much, but clearly the potential gains to be made by appealing to people who might want to spend the odd hour playing a pick-up title (and who don't own HDTVs and therefore could give a shit about the lack of 1080p graphics which are a constant moan on this board) are massive.

The more successful titles like Cooking Mama are, the more of them there's going to be. "Gaming" titles will sell because people buy them, but Nintendo's also going after the non-gaming crowd, so they cannot afford to have a drought of titles that appeal to casual gamers or it will turn off the money tap. People that used to wait for the next Zelda just aren't going to keep Nintendo going; if they took that attitude they'd end up like Sega and you'd continue to have gaming be an expensive niche market. I for one wouldn't bother with a console at all if Nintendo hadn't made the decision it did with the Wii, so I'm very happy to see Cooking Mama and Brain Training, even if I won't buy them. I have no interest in yet another RPG or GTA-clone. Once the Wii ecosystem is in place and all developers are on board I'm sure you will see a wide diversity of titles, but the idea that the 1st generation of software for what was an unproven concept should contain all the licensed crap that everyone loved on previous generations of hardware is completely rediculous.

Lastly, I'll take a hundred original properties over yet another licensed crap title like Pokemon or any of the numerous movie tie-ins that clog up the shelves every time someone in Hollywood comes up with another cute character to sell to kids and their parents, so no, the absence of Pokemon RPG doesn't concern me in the least.

...I guess I just want to see a lot more from Nintendo. The 1st 8 months of the GC's lifespan had more action, with games like; Pikmin, ssb;melee and some alright launch games.

Incorrect. What you remember as GC's eight first months were actually its first seventeen months. Console was, after all, released nine months earlier in Japan. :)

I don't think Nintendo are being lazy. It's obvious that beacuse the gamecube was such a massive failure they've really had to re-think their strategy this time round. I've had my wii since launch day and currently own 16 wii games. I have a great mix as well such as the more traditional games like Zelda, Red Steel and SSX Blur. Great PS2 ports such as the godfather and scarface. Good re-makes such as RE4 and to a lesser extent Monkey ball and Mario Strikers. Good Mini-game collections like Big Brain Academy, Wii Play and Warioware. And good original wii software like Eledees, Kororinpa and Excitetruck. Now if you ask me thats a very diverse collection with most genres covered and covered well. I think the Wii has had a blinding start and I haven't even mentioned the 100+ VC games available.

I wish people would STOP complaining about things because I think the Wii has had the BEST start of any console ever released. We already have well over 400 games available if you include the VC and Gamecube. If you want to play a "hardcore" game then look at the GC collection, hell go buy Eledees becuase thats the best game available on the Wii and it uses the controls brilliantly, plus its immensly hard to finish it all.

There really isn't too long to wait, by christmas we'll be playing Mario Galaxy and Metroid, then we get Smash Bros and online Mario Kart. Next year when devs have had some time we're gonna get some cracking titles, and I'm sure nintendo have huge plans up their sleeves for next year that's completely opposite from Wii Fit. Pikmin and AC have barely been announced, there will be new IP's as well and there will be loads of 2nd party games. All you need to do is be patient. Nintendo is not being lazy, they are working DAMN hard to get themselves back to the top. They will only achieve this by getting as many consoles in as many homes as possible. The more people that buy into this "casual" crap, the more money devs and publishers spend on the wii and that will only be a good thing. But good things come to those who wait...

I have a great mix as well such as the more traditional games like Zelda, Red Steel and SSX Blur. Great PS2 ports such as the godfather and scarface. Good re-makes such as RE4 and to a lesser extent Monkey ball and Mario Strikers. Good Mini-game collections like Big Brain Academy, Wii Play and Warioware. And good original wii software like Eledees, Kororinpa and Excitetruck. Now if you ask me thats a very diverse collection with most genres covered and covered well. I think the Wii has had a blinding start and I haven't even mentioned the 100+ VC games available.
If you ask me, the point you just made was a negative one. You've just basically admitted that most of the Wii's library is remakes, rehashes, ports, or downloadable versions of games we had on the NES 15 years ago. Mini games, games you have a quick blast of fun on, yes the Wii has these, but I don't own any of them. I got bored of Wii Sports in about 3-4 months, so I know I'll do the same with anything like Kororinpa or Eledees, hence why I won't burn £30-40 on any of those titles. I bought Wii Play for the remote and played it twice. Twice! On top of those two, I only own Zelda. What the Wii is missing, really, really missing, is what was always referred to as killer apps. It has one, in my eyes, Zelda. The only game to score on average over 9. And it's essentially a Gamecube game that arrived too late.

When Metroid Prime, Smash Bros and Galaxy show up, that may turn around, but until then my Wii will probably sit on a shelf collecting dust. And that's if those games all meet expectations. I can already see MP getting <8-9 due to control issues with some reviewers, especially multi-format press. Still a respectable score, but not one a killer app gets. Yes, sometimes I base my opinions solely on reviewer scores. But it's never done me badly. I picked up Resident Evil 4 for the GC simply because it got something ridiculous like 9.6 or 9.8 in IGN. I hadn't been following the title at all, but as soon as I saw that I knew: I must own this game. Nothing for the Wii has done that.

And the argument about Pokemon... how would a Pokemon RPG not work? Is that because people think there's no good way to utilise the Wii-mote with it? Well, two things to say to that. One: Smash Bros anyone? Two: If you can't use the Wii-mote for traditionally awesome gaming, it's failing hugely. A Pokemon RPG is something that quite simply should've existed years ago. There's no excuse. That's not even the end of my issues with Pokemon titles, why do the latest DS games look so ancient? They're still using the same damn style and graphics they were in the original pokemon. Sure, there's colours, animations and a few fancy twists, but essentially it looks nothing like a current generation game. Golden Sun on the DS years ago looked much better than the latest pokemon titles.

There's a lot of fanboyism in this thread, this board in fact, so I expect many of you to quickly jump to Nintendo's defence because you own a Wii and back Nintendo as you always have. But ask yourself, honestly, don't you wish there were more titles available right now that you would absolutely have to own? If someone asked me right now, what games to get for a Wii, I would tell them Zelda... and I'd stop there.

There's a lot of fanboyism in this thread, this board in fact, so I expect many of you to quickly jump to Nintendo's defence because you own a Wii and back Nintendo as you always have. But ask yourself, honestly, don't you wish there were more titles available right now that you would absolutely have to own? If someone asked me right now, what games to get for a Wii, I would tell them Zelda... and I'd stop there.

Yeah, we all want more games, but at the same time you've got to consider Nintendo's position. Third parties had completely abandoned the Wii, it had been written off, a failure, and hence no one developed for it. Now, Nintendo are a huge company and develope alot of games, but there's no way they can output enough games at such a high quality to fill the void. It's not Nintendo being lazy, it's the fact they were in an almost impossible situation.

I mean, look at the PS3, all the third parties were 100% dedicated towards that, but it still doesn't have any real killer apps, and it's 2007 line up is even more weak then the Wii's.

I think Nintendo are doing great at turning the situation around, people say all this stuff on how they should do it differently, but really I don't think anything would have put them in as good of a position as they are now.

So much wrong with this. Firslty, it's absolutely absurd to criticize Nintendo for wanting to make a profit, why do you think Microsoft and Sony are in the industry? Yep, to make a profit, just through different ways that arn't avaliable to Nintendo.

Whether you class the Wii as next gen or not doesn't matter, it's a new console which demands completely new and different software. Sure, at the moment it's got an influx of PS2 ports and cash-ins, but you can't blame Nintendo for the fact third parties completely ignored them. They've done great to turn their fortunes around, and have got a very very solid line up post September.

For the record, My analgoue stick is fine, my Wi-fi works fine and plenty of Wii games graphics are up to my requirements. Funny how 360's are still reputable for completely bricking it, a good 20 months since launch.

Here's the line that gets me, "Nintendo don't really care about being the top innovator anymore". I mean, are you serious? They make a completely different console, going against the entire trend of the industry for the past 20 years, with completely different and radical marketing, software, appeal, everything, and they're NOT innovating? What the hell are you on?

I doubt people are getting bored, Wii's are still flying off of shelves, the games still keep selling and the third parties are queueing up to join the Wii train.

I'm not criticizing Nintendo for looking for that profit, I'm just stating that they are the most desperate for it; which means you'll find more cash-ins on the Wii than on the 360 or Ps3.

Yes, and why have the 3rd parties ignored them? Nintendo arrogance is the cause; Nintendo chose to use carts for the N64 rather than listen to the pleas of the 3rd parties to use cd-rom format. THEN they make a console with inferior disc limitations and with a 1st party focused control scheme. Nintendo were the architects of their own downfall.

Nintendo only made a different system because they knew they couldn't go head to head with the 360 and PS3 - trying to gain the support of the non-lite gamer do be attracted by thr gimmick, the gimmick of playing 'real' tennis with the Wii remote. The Wii is probably closely more defined as a toy.

Wiis fly off the shelf due to the above. NOT because that the Wii feature very spectacular and must have games.

Yeah, we all want more games, but at the same time you've got to consider Nintendo's position. Third parties had completely abandoned the Wii, it had been written off, a failure, and hence no one developed for it. Now, Nintendo are a huge company and develope alot of games, but there's no way they can output enough games at such a high quality to fill the void. It's not Nintendo being lazy, it's the fact they were in an almost impossible situation.

I mean, look at the PS3, all the third parties were 100% dedicated towards that, but it still doesn't have any real killer apps, and it's 2007 line up is even more weak then the Wii's.

I think Nintendo are doing great at turning the situation around, people say all this stuff on how they should do it differently, but really I don't think anything would have put them in as good of a position as they are now.

That's a very good point, I mean all the majr developers were committed to PS3, and now they're switching their support to the Wii, but it will take time to see that support turn into games.

I don;t see any killer titles for PS3 this year, but I see a few for the Wii!

We all want more titles, but I'd say that people are asking a lot if not too much, after all this year in Europe we'll be getting BWii, Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy... oh yeah plus Metroid Prime 3!

Come on, that's not a poor crop, I'd argue that's a better selection than anything on PS3!

'Speedfreak' (ie nintendrone #4444567) I won't even reply to your message, if you really want to sound like a mature adult, cut the unnecessary swearing - it doesn't help.

I agree with most of what your saying. Its amazing how successful Nintendo's new 'less is more' business approach is. The pricing on everything from hardware to VC games is also a bit suspect. And the internal software coming out of Nintendo, while not bad, is anything but original

Now im gonna completely switch sides here. Theyre doing what they need to do to get Sony and MS off their shoulders and put themselves in a stronger position for the future. The Wii is nothing more than a rebuilding period for them.

Nintendo will undoubtedly be back on top and amassed a ridiculous fortune within the next 3-4 years. I hope they choose to spend part of that fortune on a truly spectacular console next time around and software to match.

If they take the same minimalist approach in 4 years, they won't get another dime from me

Okay, AGREED! (learn from this sensible comment freak).

Incorrect. What you remember as GC's eight first months were actually its first seventeen months. Console was, after all, released nine months earlier in Japan. :)

So you get my point...I just don't Nintendo to make such a big sacrifice in favour of the casual/party games over traditional, hearty, stay-up-till-the-early-hours-of-the-morning sort of games.

I'm not criticizing Nintendo for looking for that profit, I'm just stating that they are the most desperate for it; which means you'll find more cash-ins on the Wii than on the 360 or Ps3.

Most desperate for it? All 3 companies are about making money, I mean you can't argue Nintendo are more desperate for it in any way. Look at all the cash-ins on the Ps1 and Ps2, Sony and Microsoft would happily take cash ins on the 360 and PS3 if they had the option, just at the moment, they don't.

Yes, and why have the 3rd parties ignored them? Nintendo arrogance is the cause; Nintendo chose to use carts for the N64 rather than listen to the pleas of the 3rd parties to use cd-rom format. THEN they make a console with inferior disc limitations and with a 1st party focused control scheme. Nintendo were the architects of their own downfall.

Some of the stuff Nintendo have done with third parties was foolish, but equally they're the only reason this industry ever got resurrected. You can't say Nintendo arn't addressing that with the Wii now though - super cheap developement costs (about 1/5th the price of 360 / Ps3), much smaller developement cycles, much easier archtecture, hell just look at what they're doing for many third parties with the DS.

Nintendo only made a different system because they knew they couldn't go head to head with the 360 and PS3 - trying to gain the support of the non-lite gamer do be attracted by thr gimmick, the gimmick of playing 'real' tennis with the Wii remote. The Wii is probably closely more defined as a toy.

That's sort of the point, people complain about the Wii for all these things but the truth is, if they had made a console anything alike to the PS3 or 360 they'd probably be in an even worse position then the GameCube left them. This tacitc has worked with the DS, and allowed it to be an extremely attractive console for gamers of all preferences, if you don't like it, then don't buy it.

Wiis fly off the shelf due to the above. NOT because that the Wii feature very spectacular and must have games.

Although I'm sure the Wii Remote has a huge impact on sales, you only need to look at the sales and reception of games like Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, and Mario strikers Charged. The 2007 line up is extremely strong either way for the rest of the year, and will no doubt continue to sell alot of consoles.

I can't believe all the fighting and arguing!!! I think everyone needs to chill out.:)

Fighting? Arguing? ...where? We are discussing, not diss-cussing. ;)

Once again, incorrect. Wii's best selling game has been Twilight Princess with sales of 4.5 million copies or so. After it comes Wii Play.

Okay, I'll be eating my hat...but you basically proved my point. (a Wii-fied GC game and a party game are top sellers).

Cash-ins means bad titles; Nintendo, except for maybe the outsourced Mario Party doesn't make bad titles. I never once had a Nintendo title that wasn't worth the money. Cash-ins are the loads of PS2 ports; but then again, nobody says you have to buy them.

Very much untrue. The media argument is outdated with the N64. The GameCube used standard mini-DVDs which provided enough space for nearly all games and the Wii uses the same media as the 360... Media choice is a ridiculous argument anyway; if a game can make profit developers would release it on a floppy disk. The real reason is that Nintendo fans like you and me, much prefer Nintendo's own games to third party efforts; Nintendo doesn't control their market, but we do.
Yes, because Nintendo had reasons to do it, the Wii is a lot less more fun and original. You can call it what you want, but giving it a name doesn't make it any less than what it is. If you feel that you're too big a man to play with 'toys' and 'gimmicks' that add an extra layer of fun in your games, blame yourself and not Nintendo for being lazy.
There's no denying that. But there's nobody who denies it either, and the spectacular games are definitely coming. In fact, as Teppo mentions, the games are not that bad. Give them a try before complaining.

So you get my point...I just don't Nintendo to make such a big sacrifice in favour of the casual/party games over traditional, hearty, stay-up-till-the-early-hours-of-the-morning sort of games.

You are just talking crap. Let's look Nintendo's own lineup of software from launch to january.

Wii Sports

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Excite Truck

Eyeshield 21 (japan only)

WarioWare: Smooth Moves

Wii Play

Super Paper Mario

Mario Party 8

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree

Pokémon Battle Revolution

Mario Strikers Charged

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Donkey Kong Barrel Blast

Battalion Wars II

Endless Ocean

Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Mario Kart Wii (supposedly january)

How anyone can say that Nintendo has compromised anything at all? In fact, this year is going to be best quality- and numberwise since 1992. It is just shame that everything will be stacked to the end of year. And then let's look Gamecube's lineup for first 14 months:

Luigi Mansion

Wave Race: Blue Storm

Pikmin

Smash Bros

Animal Crossing

Animal Leader

Doshin the Giant

NBA Courtside 2002

Super Mario Sunshine

Disney's Mickey Mouse & Magical Mirror

Starfox Adventures

When you actually think what kind of horrible crap few of these games were, saying that Wii's lineup poor is poor or lazy is lil bit ridiculous. I mean, just look that list... Three N64 ports for god's sake*, and two shitty licensed games!

* Animal Crossing, Animal Leader and Doshin, to be more precise