Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

I did! Very intruiging indeed. Interesting that he was in the Bucky costume, which makes the entire flash back perplexing, but interesting.

I read in some interview he hopes to revisit the world again, which I think is a great idea, hopefully it will be a long running continuuity that they visit. Heck an ongoing would be fantastic. I think its a real modern classic, and THAT SCENE held a lot of weight.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Chew #1 this week. Winner.

Pitch for POST

They are spies in a world on the precipice

They have the power to save the world

And they have been betrayed.

The world is on the brink of destruction. Resources are running out and international conflict has escalated in their decline. The environment is under catastrophic strain and the future of the planet is uncertain.

As the world declined, a new force has emerged: super humans walk in secret amongst us, little more than urban legends and whispered myths. In an effort to use super human powers to dominate the political landscape the remaining world powers have engaged in a secretive Cold War to locate, recruit and study Post Human individuals across the globe for their own benefit. With each Post Human potentially leapfrogging scientific progress by decades or centuries, control over powerful individuals, like the classification of becoming a Nuclear Power, has become a valuable form of international currency and influence.

One such individual is Samuel Heller who, in an accident that should have killed him, discovers he may be indestructible. Soon, Sam becomes a highly sought after prize between conflicting espionage agencies. He is quickly approached by D.I.C.E, a clandestine Government organisation operating in Western Europe that, like many others around the world, employs teams of Post Human special agents to track, recruit and control Post Humans wherever they can be found.

Known to various world governments as one of the most powerful individuals alive and, faced with the end of his life as he knows it, Sam is recruited in to D.I.C.E – becoming a covert operative in exchange for promised answers to the nature of his abilities.

Joining a team of Post Human agents, Sam is thrown in to an amoral conflict where his morals and limits are tested and his perceptions of right and wrong are blurred beyond recognition. An uneasy foot soldier, Sam is forced to confront his own willingness and capacity, as a post human, to commit acts of violence and treachery in his new life.

When the team is betrayed from inside D.I.C.E and one of their own is captured by hostile agents. Right and wrong become irrelevant as Sam is drawn in to a final conflict in which he must embrace his ability and darkest nature to simply survive.

had some dude offer to do some test art for me today. Gonna send him some character work in the week.

Greetins y'all!

Thought I'd pop in and say something here, losing my comic virginity to The Punisher as I am (Kitchen Irish for the moment).

Loving the whole comic-thing, but I've got some questions...

1) Is it common in comics to have branching and joining stories in the same issue? Can't say that I like it in The Punisher (can't say that I don't either), but I know that I couldn't continue reading comics if this were the case in every friggin' comic...

2) That said, any hints on where to start? Don't see myself buying individual episodes, think that my purse is rather partial to buying collected works ;) I'm a huge Batman-fan, and that "The death of Superman" story arch was pretty sweet if you ask me (got a copy of that one lying around here somewhere, 's been ages since I read it, can't seem to find it anymore though).

Edited by Noku

Greetins y'all!

Thought I'd pop in and say something here, losing my comic virginity to The Punisher as I am (Kitchen Irish for the moment).

Loving the whole comic-thing, but I've got some questions...

1) Is it common in comics to have branching and joining stories in the same issue? Can't say that I like it in The Punisher (can't say that I don't either), but I know that I couldn't continue reading comics if this were the case in every friggin' comic...

2) That said, any hints on where to start? Don't see myself buying individual episodes, think that my purse is rather partial to buying collected works ;) I'm a huge Batman-fan, and that "The death of Superman" story arch was pretty sweet if you ask me (got a copy of that one lying around here somewhere, 's been ages since I read it, can't seem to find it anymore though).

Huge Batman fan?

I'd recommend Invincible in that case.

Well Invincible is actually amazing, but the way Rez phrased it read like 'if you like batman then...' which is wrong. Totally different.

If you're in to realist heroes like Bats, you might wanna check out Grant Morrison's New X-Men series. Absolutely superb take on the series.

The Ultimates, too, is kind of similar. Also incredibly well written and drawn.

Everyone ever should read: Kick Ass, Wanted, Watchmen and V For Vendetta.

and just in case you haven't read it yet: The Dark Knight Returns is where Batman got mean. Definitely check that out.

Sankyuuu!

Something else I've been wondering about: with all those sub-series and all, how do you know which one is a prerequisite to something you'd like to read (as in, The Dark Knight Returns)?

I recently reread all of Morrison's New X-Men except the New Tomorrow bit in the future. My dad read an issue that was lying around and said he liked it, so I plan on getting him to read it. (He read the conclusion to the Cassandra Nova arc, but I'm over spoilers, since he'll forget all about it)

We thankfully have always shared similar tastes in films, music and he's always passingly enjoyed a bit of superheroics.

TDKR is a standalone graphic novel, thankfully. As are Wanted, Watchmen, V For Vendetta. The Ultimates is only worth reading for vols 1 and 2 so that's easy to get your hands on. Kick Ass is pretty new and has only just got to #6 so, again, well easy to catch up. New X Men was a relaunch and is such a change in direction for the franchise that it doesn't really need much prior knowledge.

Well i finished the first volume, again, slow, but really heavy stuff, i really enjoyed reading it, but i can't hunt down vol 2 woe is me, I think my favourite bit was pym getting schooled by rogers, that was sweet.

For Superman check out:

The Red Son

Birthright

All Star Superman

Kingdom Come (you should definitely read this)

No prior knowledge is needed, they are all standalone stories. Birthright is a modern reboot which hasn't become DC's new canon for Superman's origin anyway.

If you like Batman you must read:

A Death in the Family

The Long Halloween

Year One

The Dark Knight Returns

Hush.

Hush is the only one that really matters what you've read in the past, but who cares? Jim Lee FFS.

For anything else in DC's direction, just read Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War, Rebirth, No Fear.

And for Marvel, listen to everyone else, they know better than me. The Ultimates is a good start. Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men was brilliant.

And for everything else: Everyone should read Invincible, even if a Batman fan doesn't automatically equal an Invincible fan. You should be prepared for an expensive hobby that way though....

Everyone should read Invincible

Massive epic whinz.

This weeks releases.

DC COMICS

APR090234

ASTRO CITY THE DARK AGE BOOK THREE #2 (OF 4)

$3.99

APR090237

AUTHORITY #11

$2.99

MAR090244

BALLAD OF A SHINIGAMI VOL 01

$9.99

MAR090176

BATGIRL REDEMPTION TP

$19.99

APR090147

BATMAN AND ROBIN #1

$2.99

APR090230

CARTOON NETWORK ACTION PACK #38

$2.50

APR090180

DEAD ROMEO #3 (OF 6)

$2.99

APR090143

FINAL CRISIS AFTERMATH RUN #2 (OF 6)

$2.99

MAR090182

GREEN LANTERN CORPS SINS OF THE STAR SAPPHIRE TP

$14.99

APR090187

JONAH HEX #44

$2.99

MAR090190

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA TP VOL 03 INJUSTICE LEAGUE

$17.99

APR090232

LOONEY TUNES #175

$2.50

APR090182

MIGHTY #5

$2.99

MAR090245

MOON CHILD VOL 13

$9.99

MAR090212

OCEAN TP NEW EDITION

$19.99

APR090194

SECRET SIX #10

$2.99

APR090195

SOLOMON GRUNDY #4 (OF 7)

$2.99

APR090197

STRANGE ADVENTURES #4 (OF 8)

$3.99

APR090166

SUPERMAN WORLD OF NEW KRYPTON #4 (OF 12)

$2.99

APR090201

WARLORD #3

$2.99

IMAGE COMICS

APR090385

JERSEY GODS #5

$3.50

MAR092463

SPAWN #192

$2.95

APR090416

WITCHBLADE DARKNESS ANGELUS BLOOD ON SANDS (ONE SHOT)

$2.99

MARVEL COMICS

APR090486

AGENTS OF ATLAS #6 DKR

$2.99

APR090449

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #596 DKR

$2.99

APR090488

ASTONISHING TALES #5

$3.99

APR090482

BLACK PANTHER 2 #5 DKR

$2.99

APR090602

CAPTAIN AMERICA FIGHTING CHANCE TP VOL 01 DENIAL

$19.99

APR090496

CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND MI13 ANNUAL #1

$3.99

APR090441

DAREDEVIL NOIR #3 (OF 4)

$3.99

APR090442

DAREDEVIL NOIR #3 (OF 4) CALERO VAR

$3.99

MAR092531

DARK AVENGERS #5 DKR

$3.99

APR090542

DEADPOOL SUICIDE KINGS #3 (OF 5)

$3.99

APR090487

EXILES #3

$2.99

APR090610

MARVEL YOUR UNIVERSE #5

$5.99

MAR092534

MIGHTY AVENGERS #25 DKR

$2.99

APR090479

NEW AVENGERS REUNION #4 (OF 4) DKR

$3.99

APR090536

NEW MUTANTS #2

$2.99

APR090429

OFFICIAL INDEX TO MARVEL UNIVERSE #6

$3.99

APR090589

SENTRY TP AGE OF SENTRY DM ED

$19.99

APR090593

SHE-HULK TP VOL 09 LADY LIBERATORS

$14.99

MAR092572

SKAAR #11

$2.99

MAR098122

THUNDERBOLTS #131 2ND PTG DAZO VAR (PP #867)

$2.99

APR090513

TIMESTORM 2009/2099 SPIDER-MAN

$3.99

APR090445

TROJAN WAR #2 (OF 5)

$3.99

FEB092478

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #133

$3.99

MAR098007

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #133 WHITE IMMONEN VAR (PP #865)

$3.99

MAR098131

ULTIMATUM #1 (OF 5) 2ND PTG FINCH VAR

$3.99

MAR098132

ULTIMATUM #2 (OF 5) 3RD PTG FINCH VAR

$3.99

MAR098133

ULTIMATUM #3 (OF 5) 2ND PTG FINCH VAR

$3.99

JAN092453

ULTIMATUM #4 (OF 5)

$3.99

MAR098107

ULTIMATUM #4 (OF 5) PETER PARKER RIP VAR

$3.99

APR090587

UNCANNY X-MEN LOVELORN TP

$15.99

APR090521

WAR OF KINGS #4 (OF 6)

$3.99

APR090546

WOLVERINE REVOLVER #1

$3.99

Woops, yeah I did non-mature. Erm...I'll be getting Chew, it sounds really awesome (forgot to read the preview in TWD so havn't)

I think Wolf-Man 16 is possibly my favourite issue so far. The artwork is just getting ridiculously better.

----------------

OH MY GOD MARVEL CAN GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!

Just read Moon Knight #30 and the end said "The End" I thought...."Oh...thats a bit weird" just looked, and its not been solicited for three months.

Right. Normally I wouldn't be as annoyed....but Moon Knight JUST STARTED GETTING GOOD. It had been shit for 24 issues straight, and it gets cancelled AS SOON AS its been good. Its just so fucking typical of these ass holes.

Edited by ReZourceman

Why did you buy 24 issues of shit?

Well, the first six because it was Finch, and I love Finch (plus see where the series went) then I gave the next storyline a chance, but alas it was crap, but I kept it going because A) It would take three months to cancel (as my comic shop order three months in advance so cant just willy-nilly (lol) ) and then just beyond that hoping it got better because hes one of my favourite characters.

Oh well. I guess I have the whole run now...on the plus side.

You should be prepared for an expensive hobby that way though....

Nah, I think that my finances will only allow me to buy collecteds (?!) anyway, so no problem.

Thanks for the advice dudes! You shall hear from me when I partook in the act of buying a comic. Dum dum duuuuuuum!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!