Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

Oh yeah, I'm not saying they will get rid of all of them even if they did.

It would certainly be bold move. You've got to ask when's it gonna stop...Spider-Man for example, Must be well over 1000+ issues etc blah. But yeah can't see them getting rid of Spidey....ever-ish.

(PS I deleted my last post and it seems to have sorted this thread out)

Added bonus, who wants to see Earth 2 Superman Black Lantern. (Figure)

I might buy these, for my GL mega shrine.

blacklant.jpg

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Oh yeah, I'm not saying they will get rid of all of them even if they did.

It would certainly be bold move. You've got to ask when's it gonna stop...Spider-Man for example, Must be well over 1000+ issues etc blah. But yeah can't see them getting rid of Spidey....ever-ish.

(PS I deleted my last post and it seems to have sorted this thread out)

Added bonus, who wants to see Earth 2 Superman Black Lantern. (Figure)

I might buy these, for my GL mega shrine.

blacklant.jpg

Yeah, Spidey going would kinda get rid of the core of Marvel.

Captain America's death was a good move, and while he was hardly an essential character by any definition, he was still very famous, and his death showed they had balls.

However, Marvel are also cocky and stupid, evidenced by Brand New Day as a concept.

I miss Steve Rogers as Captain America, id only really paid attention to him for the last few years and I loved how characters in the Marvel universe looked up to him so much. There was an issue of Spider-Man that JMS did a few years ago where you could really see how much Peter admired him.

Yeah, Spidey going would kinda get rid of the core of Marvel.

Captain America's death was a good move, and while he was hardly an essential character by any definition, he was still very famous, and his death showed they had balls.

However, Marvel are also cocky and stupid, evidenced by Brand New Day as a concept.

Exactly.

I have mixed feelings about Brand New Day now, but obviously how they came about it was ridiculous.

I think they were aiming for Green Lantern Rebirth, and what they ended up with was Heroes Reborn.

BND almost started off well, but I'm not enjoying it as much now. Wheres Mr Negative gone? *Shrugs* The Menace stuff is stupid now too. Meh.

I miss Steve Rogers as Captain America, id only really paid attention to him for the last few years and I loved how characters in the Marvel universe looked up to him so much. There was an issue of Spider-Man that JMS did a few years ago where you could really see how much Peter admired him.

I didn´t really notice him until Civil War but yeah he was great.

I´ve been meaning to read more issues about him because he really was badass and just a damn shame that he´s dead.

Can't argue with that. I think its the only Kirkman stuff I havn't read (bar his odd issues of Hulk or whatever it was) oh and Marvel Zombies.

I have started Preacher. About 1/2 way through the first volume, and its really good. Everyone seems to be immune to bullets though. And also have really weird (ie normal) facial expressions when they've been shot. Its a little jarring/off putting, but its my only complaint so far.

Anyone know if Chloe from Smallville has actually been written into the Superman comics yet? I remember hearing a few years ago that she would be then I read an oldish interview (maybe a year old) saying that she would turn up in Superman #675 but I just read it and didnt see her.

Vampires could theoretically use magic, but it is a lost art. Few people used it previously, and they've all died, so its almost a dangerous game that Paul is playing using it, but as I mentioned I need to find a way that makes it necessary for him to use it, ie a curse or whatever.

Is there a cost to using the magic? why'd it die out?

The few users either passed away, or became corrupt by it and were killed/killed themselves by accident/went to different dimensions with no way back/over time magic books or spells became damaged/disappeared/and it gradually became extinct.

Paul has the most extensive and well kept collection of magic. If or when Gorlan ever finds this out......

Gorlan has big viney pubes....and can entangle his enemies in them.

-------

Finished Preacher Volume 1 = awesome as fuck. Really good. I've started volume 2, and I love how they play out perfectly for TV series'. Why the fuck its getting a film instead of a series, I have no idea. Probably no tv station has the balls to show it, but it would be perfect for a serial drama/thriller/awesome.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!