N-Europe

UK

Okay, so I pre-ordered Teen Titans #1 now. Also think I'll pick up Aquaman #1 next time I'm near Forbidden Planet, the preview for that looked pretty awesome.

A couple questions,

What is 'DC Universe Presents' exactly?

The description for Red Lanterns says they fight injustic, but I thought Atrocitus was 'evil'.

Is 'Grifter' any good? The description sounds pretty rad.

What the hell is Firestorm?

Is Stormwatch any good? It sounds quite cool.

Also, is Blackhawks any good? The preview art looks ace but not sure if that's going to be the standard.

(Basically if Happenstance could cure my n00bness as per usual I'd be ME GUSTA.)

Also pre-ordered Superman Beyond which is out this month. Excited.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

The ones I know:

DC Universe Presents is gonna be stories based around different characters in the DCnU that dont have their own book, the first being Deadman.

With the Red Lanterns its complicated. Theyre fueled by rage so a lot of the time will come across as evil and their methods will always be extreme but Atrocitus is that angry because the Guardians first corp, the Manhunters, destroyed his entire sector so thats why he was originally at war with the Green Lanterns.

Firestorm is the Firestorm matrix which has to bond two people to be used. One person who keeps their body and gets their powers, the other is basically inside the first persons head to guide them. Most of the time because to use the firestorm matrix you have to know chemistry as its a lot of formulas and transmuting to get the powers to work. Like turning things to ice or salt etc.

Dont know anything about the others, sorry.

Grifter looks/sounds pretty rad so I think I'll take a chance on it. Looks a bit grittier than the usual bunch and his costume is pretty slick. Had no idea that was part of the Wildstorm universe. Will also pick up Stormwatch.

I am excited.

Is Flashpoint #5 out the same day as JL #1? Or have I got my dates slightly wrong?

Stormwatch and Grifter are Wildstorm properties that have now been folded into the DCU

apart from that I don't know much about them, but Stormwatch is being written by Paul Cornell, so should hopefully be good :)

Stormwatch first arc is that the moon is alive. Stormwatch was part of Wildstorm then relaunched as The Authority.

Justice League Dark line-up!

JLDARK.jpg

What have they done to Zatanna. :sad:

I ordered Batgirl 24 from that site you recommended Daft and it's still not come. Are they usually really slow? Maybe I should pre-order. Would that make any difference?

---

Guess who's back? (Well not the original. But a version..)

1313759698.jpg

I don't think the interlocking covers will be strict rosters. X-Men (adjectiveless) has Jubilee and what looks to be the originalmodern X-Force with her. I.e Warpath, Domino and X-23. Strange.

Oh

Cyclops

also doesn't die as some have speculated might happen in Schism, he's on the proper cover for Uncanny 1.

Uncanny X-Men is starting to look like one of the best Fear Itself tie-ins. The X-Men trying to stop the completely unstoppable Juggernaut is great - loads of great ideas from Gillen showing just how powerful and versatile the united X-Men can be, all to no effect at all. Not really sure I'll like what they're doing at the end of it all with Colossus but hopefully it's temporary.

Uggghhhh.

I've been checking how much it'd be to get Green Lantern Classics Wave 2 and DCUClassics Wave 17 figures and the total including shipping and (VAT if their website is correct) would be £221. Steep.

I can ask my comic guy if he is able to order them in but I will basically bet....or I'm 98% certain that he will say "Yeah thats fine" and say he has ordered them and either hasn't or they just never come in. I may ask anyway.

I have only checked one U.S. toy store though. Obviously because nowhere in the UK online sell figures. Obviously. Because this country is shit.

Uggghhhh.

I've been checking how much it'd be to get Green Lantern Classics Wave 2 and DCUClassics Wave 17 figures and the total including shipping and (VAT if their website is correct) would be £221. Steep.

I don't understand over £200 for like...10 figures. That's a ridiculous amount of money, sorry.

I don't understand over £200 for like...10 figures. That's a ridiculous amount of money, sorry.

Oh yeah totes, it is very expensive but I should clarify thats for GLC Wave 2 which is 8 figures plus the collect and connect as well as DCUC Wave 17 which is 6/7 figures plus the collect and connect so its about 17 figures in total including the biguns.

It is expensive though.

----------------

Daft is with me. I showed him awesome stuff (my bad ass Wolf-Man artwork) and I have shown him Rob Liefeld. Who he is really really really impressed with.

(I read the above out loud and he proclaimed "What?!" at the last sentence.)

(I then read the above out loud and he laughed)

Daft is a young comic fan. He doesn't yet have a fully working gauge of what is good and bad. It will all come in time.

True, but nowadays there is alot more good than bad. I have reservations about anything Scott lobdell writes. I've been burned by his x-men. He's writing 4 comics i think? Too much I think.