• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

yeah the publishers put up some first issues as free copies and they have regular sales in the store.

Every Monday the have a sale on a selection of Marvel Comics (the last two weeks have been Messiah Complex and X-Factor), and at the weekend there were a selection of Green Lantern comics for $0.99 each

The girl looks like Vixen to me.

Johns Spills Details on Post-Relaunch "Green Lantern" Titles

DC Comics Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns announced plans this morning for the publisher to release a total of four Green Lantern-based titles as a part of their line-wide relaunch in September.

According to Johns, who will write the "Green Lantern" title, three other series will debut with #1 issues, including a relaunched "Green Lantern Corps," "Green Lantern: The New Guardians" and the previously announced "Red Lanterns."

Johns declined to give much in the way of specific details about the new series, save for the fact that Hal Jordan will remain a Lantern, as will Kyle Rayner, who will be at the heart of the "New Guardians" title, and Guy Gardner and John Stewart, who will star in "Green Lantern Corps."

The series creative teams are:

"Green Lantern" will be written by Johns with art by Doug Mahnke and Christian Alamy

"Green Lantern Corps" is written by current series writer Peter J. Tomasi with art by Fernando Pasarin and Scott Hanna

"Green Lantern: The New Guardians" is written by Tony Bedard with Tyler Kirkham and Batt handling art.

"Red Lanterns" will be written by Peter Milligan with Ed Benes and Rob Hunter illustrating.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32612

Green Lantern Solicits:

GREEN LANTERN #1

Geoff Johns has been charting the adventures of Hal Jordan and the GREEN LANTERN Corps since GREEN LANTERN: Rebirth, collaborating with such major artists as Ethan Van Sciver, Darwyn Cooke, Prentis Rollins, Marlo Alquiza and Mick Gray.

This fall, Johns reunites with artists Doug Mahnke and Christian Alamy, as the series begins anew with GREEN LANTERN #1 with cover by Ivan Reis and Joe Prado. Together they will continue to thrill readers and expand the Green Lantern mythos.

Change is coming. But set aside your fear. It’ll be worth the wait.

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1

When deadly conflicts emerge across the universe, it’s up to Guy Gardner, John Stewart and an elite Green Lantern strike force to keep the peace.

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1 will be written by Peter J. Tomasi with art by Fernando Pasarin and Scott Hanna. The cover to #1 is by Doug Mahnke and Christian Alamy.

GREEN LANTERN: THE NEW GUARDIANS #1

Who are The New Guardians?

The power of Rage, Avarice, Fear, Will, Hope, Compassion and Love combine to be the most powerful (and colorful) team in the corps under the leadership of Kyle Rayner. Beware their power . . . and their volatility!

GREEN LANTERN: THE NEW GUARDIANS #1 will be written by Tony Bedard and illustrated with cover by Tyler Kirkham and Batt.

RED LANTERNS #1

Going solo. Atrocitus and his Red Lantern Corps return in their own series, battling against injustice in the most bloody ways imaginable. This Lantern Corps takes no prisoners, they are judge, jury and executioners!

RED LANTERNS #1 will be written by Peter Milligan with art and cover by Ed Benes and Rob Hunter.

indeed, I doubt that cliffhangers finality myself

so after seeing X-Men first class I'm looking to read some quality X-Men comics, now I've already read Whedon's Astonishing run and Morrison's New X-men, so other than those what can people recommend? I've heard Claremont and Byrne's run was good but no idea what parts of their run to try and get.

I think so... but whose the guy and girl above Guy? Why the bloody hell is Jurgens writing it? I want Winick!

Vixen and what looks to be August General In Iron. Which would fit with it being JL International.

Why are JLU such dicks? They've popped up in Batman Beyond the series and the on going and they are like the most unlikable people ever. Yeah, Aquagirl is nice (maybe she's compensating for having uber lame powers) but like Barda and Warhawk can go suck a fuck.

Also, who is the bald Green Lantern kid? Because he's the most unsatisfactory Green Lantern I've come across.

Was just watching Batman Beyond now and I didn't realise Superman was in it. I thought the design and everything for his suit had just be done for the one off Superman Beyond issue out later this year. Was such an awesome episode. Even if it literally was about starfish trying to take over the world. Really wish I was joking about that.

Terry was like nu-huh. I'm not joing JLU. How do you like dem apples?!

442654-262833_188555_terry_mcginnis_super.jpg

Terry is way too cool for school.

Edited by Daft

Batman #1 full cover by Greg Capullo:

bm_cv11.jpg

Apparently the writer is being announced tomorrow

DC Relaunch: Details On Teen Titans #1

We’ve already told you that the new Teen Titans #1 will be written by Scott Lobdell, pencilled by Brett Booth and inked by Norm Rapmund.

But what of the book? How much of a relaunch or a reboot will it be? Will it be a Green Lantern continuing the plots as normal, or a Firestorm, changing the rules?

It looks like it may be more the latter. As of Teen Titans #1, none of the Titans therein will have ever met before.

Oh and, tapping into that mention about DC being a more diverse range of characters, only four of the seven members will be white….

Edited by Happenstance

Batman news on the 11th.

So, there's the tease. DC will be making further announcements in about 5 days. I still can't tell you who I'm working with, but I can tell you that it's an awesome tale. Batman will be my book. I'm pretty sure that it's okay to say that, at this point

Nice. I have a prediction on writer. Someone who has slowly climbed the ranks and made waves at DC '- Paul Cornell.

That's a good shout, although I'd assume he'll probably stay on a Superman book of some sort and someone like Scott Snyder will do Batman

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!