Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

My Ultimate Spider-Man trades turned up today, been a while since I read some of the older stories so its been nice, plus seeing Bagleys art is getting me excited again for his return. Also good of the guys at Reed Comics to send me a free poster with my order.

Dont really know what trades to go for next. Ive got a massive list of stuff I need but most of it ive already read in single issues so im in no rush and the stuff I really would like to buy and read is mostly out of print.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I've been meaning to touch on something from the latest Image solicits.

I think this comic sounds and looks amazing, especially the logo and name. Badass.

carbongrey1cover.jpg

Image Comics goes to war this March with CARBON GREY

At the birth of the industrial age, a great war is raging. Sister hunts sister as gods are betrayed and enemies ascend to power...

In March, Image Comics enters the maelstrom with the release of CARBON GREY #1, a stunning foray into our world's secret history. Hoang Nguyen (Punisher War Zone, Metal Militia), Khari Evans (Shanna the She-Devil), Paul Gardner, and Mike Kennedy (Aeon Flux, Lone Wolf and Cub 2100) pen the thrilling tale. The indescribably gorgeous artwork for the series is courtesy of Nguyen, Evans, and Kinsun Loh.

"CARBON GREY has been an eight-year journey, a true labor of love," says Nguyen. "We've been consumed with this project, and we're so happy that Image Comics is helping us get it into readers' hands. I hope readers will feel the same passion we do for the book."

Image Comics Publisher Eric Stephenson adds, "I'm really happy we're finally releasing CARBON GREY. Jimmy Palmiotti introduced me to Hoang at WonderCon last year, and I picked the book up on the spot. The amount of dedication and craft on display in the pitch was nothing short of astounding: The beauty and detail in the art, the freshness of the story -- it just blew me away -- and I'm thrilled that a year later, we're able to share this wonderful project with fans everywhere."

For generations, the Sisters Grey have protected and counseled the Kaiser, ruler of Mitteleuropa. As civilization spirals into its first truly global war, Giselle Grey stands accused of assassinating the man she was born to protect. Pursued by her sisters, including twin Mathilde, and hunted by the enemy, Giselle must unravel the prophecy of the Carbon Grey before history itself is rewritten.

CARBON GREY #1 (JAN110554), a 32-page full-color comic book for $2.99, will be in stores March 2, 2011.

Oh Paj, did you see that Flex Mentallo is being collected.

Yeah, I'm both "!!!" and "..." since a few months ago I spent £40 on the original issues. :p I suppose they're still valuable. And in any case I didn't buy them for the value.

Still ignoring my heroclix comment. Thats fine though.

Sorry, genuinely missed it.

Hmm. I hate Invincible's face, but then again it's surely the hardest thing to do stunningly without "proper" sculpting tools/abilitez. And it's stunning compared to what I/everyone else could do. And a really hard expression to pull off. I like the body.

Alien space rider thing is good.

Just picked up the last three weeks or so.

Still no Skullkickers, (Issue 1) which was supposedly "in this week" four weeks ago. I asked to have the others that have been kept by for me, and I said I'd jsut download issue one and buy it when it comes in, but now those have gone missing.

I swear he just forgets to order anything Image. :/

Anyway. I need to get reading. :D

Coming to the end of The Boys volume 2, shit is awesome.

Also I'm gonna grab The new The Flash tpb when its out (soon, right) heard good stuff from it...did anyone (Happenstance) read it? :) Cos' obviously didn't think much of Rebirth.

Also; Kick-Ass 2 is horribly delayed.

As is Guarding the Globe but not as much.

And Dynamo 5 Christmas Special was brilliant. Can't wait for the next mini. You guys should all catch up on it, theres not too much of it, I think the major thing that happens in volume 4 is just brilliant, I'm certain you'd all like it a lot.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!