• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Lol nothing. Second best costume he's had. (If you count the Cassaday and Bianchi/current ones as the same costume - since that's clearly first)

I miss Jean. I want her to come back and spit on Utopia. Like "What the fuck is this shite? SRSLY". Then gather a select group to become her own team. Preferably Iceman, Husk, Polaris, Havok and Dragoness (who is on Utopia - canon). And Jean would wear this:

158803-192221-jean-grey_super.jpg

Also, she'd snap Hope's neck for infringing on the ginger stunner gang.

Paj/Chair - Yes.

Dan - No.

Xmenjimlee1.jpg

Definitive costumes alert!

APART from Angel and Jean - they both feel like they're as great/better in other costumes.

That team is TOO definitive. I love how they flushed Dazzler, Havok etc before the launch X-Men 1 - anyone who would lower the tone. (AND ARGUABLy Colossus feels lost without Nightcrawler or Kitty. But they were being great in Excalibur at the time.)

Also Daft missed out Ms. Marveltron:

1287434237.jpg

EDIT: NO he didn't, I just didn't click the link.

Edited by Paj!

Jonny Rench, comics colourist best known for his recent work for Wildstorm, from Authority to Gen 13, has tragically passed away, aged 28, from a heart attack.

He most recently posted his work on his blog on October 2nd, a Jim Lee cover for Gears Of War.

Gears_jim-lee.jpg

He died at young age, RIP.

X-MEN HEROCLIX YES. PLZ CAN I HAVE A GOOD DEFINITIVE CYCLOPS AND JEAN. THX.

That Apocalypse figure is such a random reference. I'd prefer they followed it through and had the amazing Jean hair-pull.

uncanny_xmen_377.jpg

Its funny, I keep nearly buying the trades for that story. I just never like buying the 15 quid trades when I know I can get 2 or 3 for the same price.

It's not particularly good. Better than the Claremont run immediately after (Revolution), but that told more jokes as it failed at life.

It is however, the last big epic Marrow would participate in as an X-Man. Marrow was then cast aside, only to have a shit life from there on in. She was so stun.

I did like the concept of the The Twelve being a bit too good, like...hands shaking with too much power.

Magneto

Polaris (the magnetic poles)

Xavier (Mind)

Mikhail Rasputin (Space)

Bishop (Time)

Sunfire

Iceman

Storm (general element greats)

Cyclops

Living Monolith (in place of Havok - solar and cosmic energy, respectively)

Jean Grey

Cable (Both too good to not be there)

And X-Men/Nate Grey was generally there as a host for all the energy or something.

Edited by Paj!

That's a good video. I'd certainly consider buying more stuff legit at that kind of price point- right now the industry is completely taking the piss with digital pricing. I understand that shipping and importing makes print comics in this country expensive but they're being ridiculous by just taking that point and slapping it on a PDF.

Also, I've bought more comics while pirating than I ever did before. Zing.

actual comics: Catching up with my missed...stuff! TWD #77 was certainly something- the gunshot at the end was brilliantly done and I'm starting to see how Kirkman is building towards the No Way Out story. Yes. Getting #78 now.

They need to leave PDFs behind anyway and go with CBR files. PDFs are just much slower.

I actually think if I had a tablet PC or an iPad id start buying weekly comics digitally. The only reason I stopped getting single issues was the hassle of bagging and unpacking them everytime I wanted to read an arc.

That's a good video. I'd certainly consider buying more stuff legit at that kind of price point- right now the industry is completely taking the piss with digital pricing. I understand that shipping and importing makes print comics in this country expensive but they're being ridiculous by just taking that point and slapping it on a PDF.

Also, I've bought more comics while pirating than I ever did before. Zing.

actual comics: Catching up with my missed...stuff! TWD #77 was certainly something- the gunshot at the end was brilliantly done and I'm starting to see how Kirkman is building towards the No Way Out story. Yes. Getting #78 now.

Oh hay spoilers.

I think Waid has the right idea. While I have acquired in my time (music and comics, not really movies), in the case of music, if it's just one song, since I don't use torrents or things like Limewire, it's just easier to buy it from iTunes/Play at <£1. And I'd do that for comics digitally in a heartbeat.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!