N-Europe

UK

Yeah I wrote a post about how Walking Dead was still a "superhero" comic based on various things but didn't know how to word it, so didn't bother. Oxigen put it better.

I keep meaning to read things like Black Hole, but never get around to it. Plus I love superheroes, so they take up most of my reading time.

--

In other news X-men Legacy was awesome! I can't help but wish it was Chris Bachalo drawing it - Clay Mann is incredibly dull/plain. And the Children of the Vault's return just seems underwhelming with him drawing. But yeah, after 2 issues of Rogue and co. wandering around Mumbai, stuff actually happens. And it's coooooool. I wish Leinel Yu did interiors as well as the BRILLIANT covers. Seriously some of my favourite covers of the year.

X_men_Legacy_240_cover_by_leinilyu.jpg

Could be a joke team - Rogue, Magneto, Indra, Loa and Anole.

X_men__Legacy_by_leinilyu.jpg

Although the second one looks a bit like Magneto is unzipping Rogue's costume, and she is shocked at the fact.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Well it's the most prone to being intermittently shite, due to it being the "backbone" of the comics industry, and having like...hundreds of titles out a month from loads of companies.

No, what I mean is, if you take the utmost best of the comics genre, and compare with the best from any other genre, it ultimately isn't as good, as a whole. Which doesn't invalidate the fact that it still has many many many great comics.

Can someone direct me to a place online I can order issue 3 of Batman Beyond? Gosh sold out of it. :(

I would just do ebay tbh, itll be the easiest and probably cheapest when it comes to p and p.

PS I keep seeing Tron toys out here and think of you.

-----------------

What do you folks think of the Supes movie news. (Zak Snyder directing, villain to be Zod) I am absolutely thrilled. Very capable and distinctive hands and be interesting to see the impact that Nolan has.

---------------------------------

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo great at Magic Kingdom today. I was on River Cruise and the attendant/boat tour narrator said "I like that" and pointed to my shirt (black lantern) he then went on to say "We'll talk about Blackest Night. the war of light and recite the oath" by which point I was practically orgasming. He cracked hundreds of shit (amazing) jokes during the ride and looked like a thin version of me , and cracked a few gl jokes during the ride that only i laughesd at pr acknowldedged (e.g. "charge your ring every 24 hours...dont want to run out") so by the end I was on the floor orgasming, screaing his name. :D

----------------------

ho watched No Ordinary Family? I enjpyed episode 1 a lot and am about to watch episode 2 live in US :p

:)

Oh right. Okay.

I need to buy myself a new tpb. I should probably just get the next installment of The Invisibles.

You do that. Right now. *so good*

And while looking up at my previous post, I really messed up, that made no sense... what I meant was that the best superhero comic ever made < Maus/Ghost World/Lynda Barry/Blankets/etc... Unless you count Sandman as a superhero comic. And Watchmen is probably better than some of the ones I just listed. :grin:

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo great at Magic Kingdom today. I was on River Cruise and the attendant/boat tour narrator said "I like that" and pointed to my shirt (black lantern) he then went on to say "We'll talk about Blackest Night. the war of light and recite the oath" by which point I was practically orgasming. He cracked hundreds of shit (amazing) jokes during the ride and looked like a thin version of me , and cracked a few gl jokes during the ride that only i laughesd at pr acknowldedged (e.g. "charge your ring every 24 hours...dont want to run out") so by the end I was on the floor orgasming, screaing his name. :D

I love River Cruise! How it's so dated, but they then made that part of the joke, but having entertaining guides.

The Disney/Universal workers often stun in conversation. And have their own opinions on life, willing to share.

ooh Secret Identity! that's ace.

I know I've missed Avenger's #5 and Iron Man #30- unsure about the rest. Most likely Captain America too

Astonishing X-Men: Xenogenesis and X-Men Legacy.

The end.

---

My Hush bashing in the Superman thread leads somewhat nicely into this new story:

Batman - Europa

1286381432.jpg

I loved Batman: Broken City by Azzarello, and Jim Lee is guaranteed sales, so hope this is good. :)

---

UNCANNY X-FORCE

uncanny-x-force-003.jpg

YES.

Stunning art. Brilliant first issue. Packed so much in, I'm fucking excited. WISH they hadn't spoiled the kinda..point of the issue ie. finding out who the big bad is/will be. The hints throughout would have been much more *bites knuckles* if they hadn't.

But no, this will be great. There's already good character development and set-ups, I love everyone there etc. Psylocke will finally have her time to shine again.

Potentially best X-title on the shelves (not hard to acheive tbh).

Fantomex isn't a particular favourite of mine either, but he's already got some nicely establish conflict brewing, even in just this issue. The team need him for E.V.A, but he's clearly going to butt heads with Archangel and/or Psylocke, over his Psylocke-drooling. And I found the bit when he talked about how when the team ride in E.V.A, he can read their bio-scans or whatever, very creepy. Which was cool.

Deadpool I don't read normally, so I find him mildly entertaining rather than overexposed (which I know he actually is).

It's just a return to the feel of X-Men I loved from before the current fairly dull era. Small teams...team drama and dynamics...It's promising.

I also loved X-Men Forever this month. Though I think another issue comes out this month as well.

It's so bad, it's entertaining. It used to be just bad.

Actually so badly scripted it's ridiculous. And it's the biggest vehicle for Claremont to jizz over how good Kitty is I've ever seen. First of all she gets one of Wolverine's claws after phasiong through him (...yep), AND a bit of his healing factor. Yeah, don't ask. Then while fighting a Wolverine clone, she suddenly develops bone finger claws on her other hand? WUT.

I love.

I love how shite it is, and how awful the character interactions are. Jean has become a slag, sleeping with Wolverine (who dies in the first issue, which I did like as a joke premise), then Beast (ew...) who dies at the end of XMF series 1. And Scott's really okay with it all.

I'm really suprised Psylocke hasn't shown up yet, except in a flashback story. Claremont LOVES her. Her, Kitty, Rogue and Sage are his "girls". (See: New Exiles. In which he put them ALL on the team)