• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Can I just re-iterate I love rereading Ultimate X-men all over again. I've read up till the Phoenix a few times, but realised I'd never reread Return Of The King onwards. Loving it.

Thanks for the inspiration Dan (think it was you).

A) Edit that, to massive spoilers. Or just....delete it now I've seen it.

B) YOU DONT LIKE TWD?!!??!?!!?!??!?!?!!!?

C) Pfffft. You're a lost cause then.

I just didn't care for it as much as other things you know. I dunno what it was, the drawings were good, the plot was...pretty good, the characters were amazing. But it didn't grab me, and like i said, i felt the plots too far paced.

and edit your thingy bob too, It's like, why you like transformers so much and others don't

I just didn't care for it as much as other things you know. I dunno what it was, the drawings were good, the plot was...pretty good, the characters were amazing. But it didn't grab me, and like i said, i felt the plots too far paced.

and edit your thingy bob too, It's like, why you like transformers so much and others don't

Yeah but TWD is actually amazing. Fair enough though. You should continue to read it though. Weren't you....

Don't answer, this is rhetorical but weren't you...in fact no I'll just spoiler tag it. Don't read if you havn't read.

Michonne rape, and her revenge on the Governor stuff. Come on, that is AMAZING. And the 45-50 issues are like....absolutely SICK. Tyrone for example. Practically made me feel sick.

Michonne rape, and her revenge on the Governor stuff. Come on, that is AMAZING. And the 45-50 issues are like....absolutely SICK. Tyrone for example. Practically made me feel sick.

Shock value

I'm just jerking your chain now

But yeh, that bit was very well handled

Ok, for those who read the later issues of Ultimate X-Men...

If I've loved it as a series the whole way through, should I buy thes issues I don't have in tpb form? I stopped just before Magnetic North and stuff (IIRC).

Are they at all good? I heard it drops off in quality a bit, and I know Bishop/Cable and shiz eventually appear..

Ok, for those who read the later issues of Ultimate X-Men...

If I've loved it as a series the whole way through, should I buy thes issues I don't have in tpb form? I stopped just before Magnetic North and stuff (IIRC).

Are they at all good? I heard it drops off in quality a bit, and I know Bishop/Cable and shiz eventually appear..

I havn't read it all, but yeah its not very good really in all honesty.

Dunno if you heard, but Cable is

Wolverine from the future

which was an interesting take. It was actually alright...but yeah. It definitely lost itself. Only 2 issues left now.

I havn't read it all, but yeah its not very good really in all honesty.

Dunno if you heard, but Cable is

Wolverine from the future

which was an interesting take. It was actually alright...but yeah. It definitely lost itself. Only 2 issues left now.

Yeah I knew that...I know little bits and bobs.

Magnetic North and Phoenix? are only £13 together off Amazon, might get that.

Is Phoenix the Kirkman Phoenix arc? Kirkmans run on Ult X-Men is his worst stuff, so don't let it put you off. Its quite funny, as literally the issue after his arc complete dismisses all he tied up for in one panel. I chuckled.

Did you get xmas money? Buy Invincibllleeee.

Yeah but it's expensive, and I'm more in the mood for Ult. X-Men.

Phoenix? is by Kirkman, I know that much, yeah. I only read The Tempest and Most Dangerous Game arcs by him, IIRC, so not got a feel for his writing.

I recognise Millar's anywhere, and Bendis' brief run was funny.

Phoenix? is by Kirkman, I know that much, yeah. I only read The Tempest and Most Dangerous Game arcs by him, IIRC, so not got a feel for his writing.

It doesn't give a feel for his writing at all. Its just generical bull shit. INVINCIBLE IS BETTER. More expensive yes, but its higher quality. Seriously. Buy the TPBs if its cheaper.

DOOO EEEEETTTT. Help me persuade him guize!

Gentlemen

I watched Iron man again last night and decided that I'm quite a fan, overall. I liked his turn in Civil War too.

Question, then: is he a character worth getting any steady reading in on? Could be solo or Avengers as I've never investigated either.

Gentlemen

I watched Iron man again last night and decided that I'm quite a fan, overall. I liked his turn in Civil War too.

Question, then: is he a character worth getting any steady reading in on? Could be solo or Avengers as I've never investigated either.

Very much so. If you have access/funds to the current stuff (ie issues off ebay or whatever) then I would highly recommend it. Also the most recent arc I think is out "Invincible Iron Man" think its called six nightmares. Its very good, and yeah the new storyline/for the forseeable future is the fallout from SI, which is brilliant. The first issue was quality.

Other than that, Iron Man Director of Shield is supposedly amazing, and the "Extremis" storyline is supposedly very good (I've read neither however)

But yeah Matt Fraction writes Invincible Iron Man currently, and hes rapidly becoming one of my favourite writers (top three definitely)

Interesting.

Avengers? I've always been a bit unsure about them as a kind of 'greatest hits' of Marvel Heroes but I just realised that I basically love some of the members. It's a shame Cap died as, despite the hammy name and the like I realised that he's a wicked character at heart in everything I've read of him.

Interesting.

Avengers? I've always been a bit unsure about them as a kind of 'greatest hits' of Marvel Heroes but I just realised that I basically love some of the members. It's a shame Cap died as, despite the hammy name and the like I realised that he's a wicked character at heart in everything I've read of him.

Yeah he was brilliant. Its a shame. Luckily I found out he died from Teletext.....which was nice. o_____0. You might be interested in Brubakers Death of Captain America arc (which is massive....I'm not even certain if its finished yet) but it deals with Bucky taking the "Sheild" and the fall out and such. It is very highly acclaimed as being a brilliant long run (as in 25 issues+ long) and being as good now as when it started. There is a loverly big hardback out that covers the first portion of it.

Avengers wise, the only exposure I've had to Iron Man has been from Avengers Disassembled up until present, and Iron Man is good in it...more of a stand out character in Mighty Avengers. I highly recommend New Avengers though. Breakout is the first arc.

Interesting.

I've only ever read 60's iron man and avengers, but yeh i did find them hammy, abit too many characters to focus on anything really.

But your right, cap was awesome, sad times that he died =[ but bucky is the new cap, which continues things on abit.

Yeah he was brilliant. Its a shame. Luckily I found out he died from Teletext.....which was nice. o_____0. You might be interested in Brubakers Death of Captain America arc (which is massive....I'm not even certain if its finished yet) but it deals with Bucky taking the "Sheild" and the fall out and such. It is very highly acclaimed as being a brilliant long run (as in 25 issues+ long) and being as good now as when it started. There is a loverly big hardback out that covers the first portion of it.

Avengers wise, the only exposure I've had to Iron Man has been from Avengers Disassembled up until present, and Iron Man is good in it...more of a stand out character in Mighty Avengers. I highly recommend New Avengers though. Breakout is the first arc.

sweet

man, when I get a job...I'm buying so many comics. You have no idea. It's going to be epic.

Gentlemen

Go get some back issues, Iron Man was awesome in the eighties.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!