Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

No, no thats a brand new list for next week the 18th. Ult Avengers 3#1 is out on Wednesday this week.

Oh no wait...yeah I think you understand but I'm misantidisinterpretting you.

Dante's post (wasn't) showing up properly, so I deleted and reposted. Hopefully this sorts it out.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

The yellow logo does have a purpose. Its supposed to be a target for criminals using guns so they'd basically aim for that instead of his face. Because his chest is covered in armour its a lot safer.

Also you have to remember that Batman does a lot of his stealthier stuff with his cape closed so it wouldnt be visible.

Ive never liked the yellow oval before but I think that design is looking pretty awesome.

The yellow logo does have a purpose. Its supposed to be a target for criminals using guns so they'd basically aim for that instead of his face. Because his chest is covered in armour its a lot safer

Well. According to Frank Miller in the Dark Knight Returns, anyway :heh: I've never read that anywhere else.

Yeah.

It's funny that as comics became more complex, the writers had to come up with all these reasons for the outlandish costumes and stuff that didn't really matter back in the day. When superman was invented, the costume was just a bright costume. Now it's made out of a Kryptonian flag for the house of El or whatever.

Similarly, spandex costumes in X-Men were 'replaced' by advanced body armour designed by the Shi'ar (that just so happens to look exactly like spandex) and in Fantastic Four the spandex is replaced by 'unstable molocules' designed by Reed so that the outfits can stretch, go invisible, not get incinerated or get torn by bulging rock packages.

Yeah I kinda like it myself. It's a clever way of dealing with the issue. It's more of a problem for DC too- their characters pre-date Marvel's by a good 20 years at least, often 30- One of the reasons Wonder Woman needed such a big overhaul is because her costumed is designed for ww2 propaganda strips and makes very, very little sense now.

I like those Finch pictures. If only because it's great work from him in a new style. People bum him, but the sketchy dark lines and the exact same faces for everyone were pissing me off.

Though I can't stop looking at Batman's crotch in that top one. Just me?

Design-wise, I like it. Quite nice to go back to the yellow oval...and the pants-less one is one that was tried in the 90's too, but looks cooler here.

Yeah.

It's funny that as comics became more complex, the writers had to come up with all these reasons for the outlandish costumes and stuff that didn't really matter back in the day. When superman was invented, the costume was just a bright costume. Now it's made out of a Kryptonian flag for the house of El or whatever.

Similarly, spandex costumes in X-Men were 'replaced' by advanced body armour designed by the Shi'ar (that just so happens to look exactly like spandex) and in Fantastic Four the spandex is replaced by 'unstable molocules' designed by Reed so that the outfits can stretch, go invisible, not get incinerated or get torn by bulging rock packages.

I read Giant Sized X-Men #1 (forming of the 'modern' X-Men) the other day and Xavier actually tells them it's made from unstable molecules etc etc.

Don't know if you can see it:

4880279664_b58ffcc98c_b.jpg

Nothing will ever be able to explain Colossus' costume.

In Mother Russia, Colossus' costume explains you.

right, shit meme aside, you're right. it kind of works when he's metal but when he's not....eugh. Looks shit.

on the other hand

440px-Colossusaoa.jpg

I'm in the middle of your picture

Lying in the reeds

Most of his other costumes have been fine. I just don't know why for a long time he just kept going back to the original (especially in the 90's).

It seemed to be refined in Astonishing, with better shoulders, but the side-bits still were missing. But then John Cassaday makes everything look brilliant and like it was always meant to be.

His current one is probably his best, if not particularly iconic.

855057-colossus_kids_super.jpg

Though I've noticed in behind shots, there's a diamond-shaped chunk missing from just above his ass. Which is bizarre.

It's meant to be smarmy I think. It's not that bad-looking...

I hate that Gordon has been based off thingie who plays him in the films. Gary Oldman.

P.S I'm stunned and waiting eagerly for this random Curse of the Mutants tie-in (Blood and Smoke), despite planning on not bothering. But the art is calling me. From the Frank Quitely and Bill Sienkiewicz joint school of stunnnn'.

prv6010_pg7.jpg

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!