Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

Theyve just launched Batman Beyond as its own comic so you've got your wish there.

I have to admit I hope you dislike Haunt as much as we do, its fun to wind ReZ up :p

Haha! I'll be impartial. It does look shit, though. :p

Can you link me to the Batman Beyond thing? Shame they can't work that awesome into into the actual comic. *Youtubes*

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I'm reading Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men, and it's actually astonishing. Just everyone in the comic feels like they have a reason to be there -- at first, I was a bit like "Why are there only 5? Where are all the other essentials?", but then you realise they all mesh together too well. I clap at the fact Shadowcat still hates Emma Frost, like she would realistically.

A few lines that made me properly lol, such as [not exact words]

Emma:"Why are you late?"

Shadowcat: "Sorry, I was remembering to put clothes on".

Oops. Ah well its not a massive one. At least I didnt spoil Batmans appearance for you.

Alas, licensing rights and issues with the Batman movies have meant Bruce Wayne could never make an appearance in Smallville. I'd always hoped, it could be awesome you know?

Clark could just meet this troubled guy who was getting into fights, try and stop him but get outsmarted, turns out he wasn't really a bad guy, was training himself, maybe figures out Clark's secret. Only at the very end you find out his real name is Bruce Wayne...

Even just a mention of Bruce Wayne would be nice, they've referenced Gotham before but they could just say something like "nearly as rich as Bruce Wayne". Just dropping little things in like that is an insta-fanboygasm.

Btw I will not be happy if anyone spoils anything else about Smallville. I've never liked Blue Beetle so not too fussed about that, but use tags please people.

Edited by Shorty

Its only up to issue 2 so far so its not available to buy in trade. Unless you want links for naughty "aquiring" of the issues?

How long is the run for? Is it continuous?

Where can I get the two individual "episodes" (Thank you Rez) from? Is there any place on the internet I can just get them to sent it to me automatically? I might just go to Gosh or Forbidden Planet, instead.

You talking about Smallville?

Because it sucks ass.

Oh god no lol. I couldn't even last 4 episodes of that.

Talkin' bout Haunt yo.

---------

My first neon green Spider-Man is done. I'm currently doing ANOTHER neon green Spider-Man (because the first one is a very non standard pose and figure) another Spider-Man, Kick-Ass, Hit Girl, Mysterio and Captain America. Hopefully some pics soon.

Thank God. Now go watch Tron.

Are there any good Superman comics? All I know of him are the films. Apparently Brandon Routh, aka the only person who should ever play Superman because he was amazing, is interested in being in thr reboot. *crosses fingers, legs, arms, eyes*

Thank God. Now go watch Tron.

Are there any good Superman comics? All I know of him are the films. Apparently Brandon Routh, aka the only person who should ever play Superman because he was amazing, is interested in being in thr reboot. *crosses fingers, legs, arms, eyes*

All Star Superman is amazing apparently. And that is the only good Superman comic.

Apparently Brandon Routh, aka the only person who should ever play Superman because he was amazing, is interested in being in thr reboot. *crosses fingers, legs, arms, eyes*

I actually prefered Routh as Clark Kent than Superman. I think he can still make a good Superman though, he just needs a bit more emotion in his performance. His Clark Kent though was excellent, he managed to make him bumbling etc but still likable, something Reeve didnt manage at all. I cant stand Christopher Reeves version of Clark Kent.

Red Son is very good, I wouldnt just dismiss it.

The Superman stories I would recommend are:

Red Son

Birthright

For All Seasons

Batman/Superman: Public Enemies

Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow (Basically the last story of the silver age Superman)

Edit: I know you arent interested in Marvel but if you get Kingdom Come then please try "Marvels". Its a look at the marvel universe through the eyes of a photographer and is brilliant.

Edited by Happenstance

Red Son is good, but not essential.

The best I've read are mini-series (I'm not interested in the ongoing comics with him), and they're All-Star Superman (made by my favourite creative force in comics, and is generally the best damn thing. And also like a tenner for both volumes on Amazon) and Superman For All Seasons, which was unexpectedly great, with brilliant art by Tim Sale and good (!!) writing from the now-bad Jeph Loeb.

Is that from Widening Gyre? It might do with some context. I tried to read Cacophany, but decided the art and story was shit stopped. I like the title of this current story though, "The Widening Gyre". It's a stunning phrase to hear.

Dynamo 5 is good.

COPY AND PASTED AS CANNOT BE BOTHERED TO EDIT.

So last week at SDCC they showed a few pictures from Dan Slott's upcoming run on Amazing Spider-Man, in an overarching story called "Big Time". They revealed that Spider-man may be creating a few new costumes, and one of the ones they showed was this.

1280099699.jpg

As they've only shown one picture I had to use a bit of creators discretion and assumed the pattern was on the back too.

Neon_Green_Spider_Man_Heroclix_by_ReZourceman.jpg

But.....after doing one, I felt it wasn't enough. So I did another. I love green.

Neon_Spider_Man_Heroclix_2nd_by_ReZourceman.jpg

And a few more shots of the Spider-Men in big format.

Neon_Spidey_Lamp.jpg

Neon_Spidey_Standing.jpg

Finally here is my upcoming creations! I hope to have one or two of these finished today. Spot anyone you can identify? :cheeky:

ComingSoon1.jpg

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!