N-Europe

UK

It's just a really awkward property...he's written/portrayed however the current writer wants. i.e sympathetic, monstruous, smart etc.

And he's one of the most famous comic characters of all time, and is used on merchandise as much as Spider-Man, and more than say...Wolverine. So he's a big name and it's like they've kinda accidently got him stuck with being a "superhero", when he's nothing like.

I just hate him in general (616).

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Yeah I really don't like Hulk much either, and would be a bit concerned to see him back again the The Avengers. However, I really think he is the best way to go enemy wise, because otherwise it's surely gonna be way to much for the first movie to take!... especially if it's a wave of enemies!

Yeah it CAN but potentially at major detriment to the film.

The last thing this needs to be is Wolverine or X-3, too many characters or too much going on.

If this film was coming out in 2014 I'd be confident, but it seems to be beeing rushed.

Thus the safest thing to do for the benefit of the film is try and lay out a bit of the groundwork first in C.A., and keep the cast of characters down, using already established characters to give it some bulk, consistency and familiarity.

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah it CAN but potentially at major detrement to the film.

The last thing this needs to be is Wolverine or X-3, too many characters or too much going on.

If this film was coming out in 2014 I'd be confident, but it seems to be beeing rushed.

Thus the safest thing to do for the benefit of the film is try and lay out a bit of the groundwork first in C.A., and keep the cast of characters down, using already established characters to give it some bulk, consistency and familiarity.

Yeah im with Retro on this

Well there is no real need to explain the villains too much, have one main focus bad guy and the rest are just lackeys.

It worked in the first X-Men movie.

I also hope that the Hulk is downplayed in it, hopefully just a sequence in the first act where they catch him to show how effective they are and them use him at the end of the movie as some sort of last resort against something.

Yeah, them capturing the Hulk for opening sequence, then explaining how they all join the team, then film proper could work really well.

Everyone loves a bit of non-linearity.

I think 40mins in, is way too late to effectively start the story of a pretty complex movie!

Yeah but as Happenstance said, I think they should loose the first fight due to inexperience, and then they can fight him again at the end. Or maybe the first time it's just Iron Man, C.A. and Thor, then more join before the finale.

... Wasp, Giant Man... Really?

Personally I'd prefer it stuck to Iron Man, C.A., Thor, War Machine, Black Widow, Nick Fury, Hawkeye (looks cool), and Hulk!

Edited by Retro_Link

In the comics Wasp provides a much-needed light-heartedess/moral center/whatever. And Giant Man I like the idea of, but maybe he could be more to do with the sciencey stuff, only briefly using his powers? He seemed to be in the lab in a lot of the Ultimate comics I read (mostly Spidey and X-Men crossovers though).

Plus I like how Ultimate Wasp is a mutant, not just some random with wings. Mentioning that would be a nice allusion to X-men etc.

War Machine shouldn't be in an Avengers line-up. Especially if Iron Man's there too.
I think he should be, only as a supporting character mind you who will be in the background and pop up during battle scenes etc...

Because he'll be an additional character, which will make it appear like more of a team, but someone which they won't have to spend any time on introducing.

He does detract from the feel of the Avengers though...I don't think he's ever been on the main team in the comics, just the West Coast Avengers and now the Secret Avengers. Not that that means someone couldn't be in the main movie team because they weren't in the comics, it's just that War Machine seems a bit moot with Iron Man already there.

Yeah it's true that they are too similar.

I hope the writers have the courage to keep the cast quite tight and not go OTT.

They can really build the team up if they go ahead with a sequel (like they did with Transformers 2, albeit badly), but just having IM, CA, Thor, Hulk, NF, BW all together in one film would be enough for the first outting!

I just worry that we could come up with a better script on this forum, than over eager directors having to meet a deadline!

In the comics Wasp provides a much-needed light-heartedess/moral center/whatever. And Giant Man I like the idea of, but maybe he could be more to do with the sciencey stuff, only briefly using his powers? He seemed to be in the lab in a lot of the Ultimate comics I read (mostly Spidey and X-Men crossovers though).

Plus I like how Ultimate Wasp is a mutant, not just some random with wings. Mentioning that would be a nice allusion to X-men etc.

Makes me wonder if the Fox rights on the X-Books go as far as Wasp not being a mutant- you know, like the whole Mutant race is under their rights. Which would suck.

^ I doubt it...she's not associated with the X-men at all. She's only a mutant in the ultimate universe anyway, and even then only met the X-Men a handful of times (IIRC).

Plus if Joss Wedon is really gonna direct this, there has to be at least 1 (probably more) strong female characters, as well as a doomed relationship. Hence Wasp and Giant-Man. :)

hank_pym_slap.jpg

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!