• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

ANTMANS IN FUCKING SECRET AVENGERS!" YES BEST COMIC EVER.

And this is interesting. Not sure what it is yet but it must be Young Avengers something. Hopefully by Heinburg.

1271539195.jpg

Oh....it says "New Avengers : Childrens Crusade"

OH YES! Its the official follow up! Allan and Jimmy Cheung! Brilliant!

Allan Heinberg appeared on video to announce "Avengers: The Children's Crusade" – the follow up to "Young Avengers" by the entire original creative team including artist Jimmy Cheung. The bi-monthly, nine-issue limited series has seen six issues written already, and Heinberg promised that a cataclysmic event involving Wiccan forces him to find the Scarlet Witch and try to redeem her. He will find her, and the series will not only include the full cast of the Young Avengers as well as all the other Avengers teams from the A-Vengers to the New Avenges but members of the mutant community. The story will build on plot threads from "House of M" on through today, and the writer was excited to present new, unseen interactions between characters.

Started reading Blade of the Immortal, which I'm quite liking at the moment, even though the first book has like the weirdest plot progression issues, where it doesn't denote jumps backward or forward in the timeline while its describing the protagonist's trajectory...

Good shit though. The art is unbelievable

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 to be shown soon at Captivate.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: it's about time we got a real, high-definition upgrade to one of the best fighting games ever created. From the information we have heard the game will be disc-based (no more XBLA or PSN for MvC fans) and the graphics will be seriously upgraded, running at a full 1080P.

Another little hint was the fact that Marvel-employee Agent M (Ryan Penagos) was in Hawaii this past week, at the same hotel, showing off something he could not yet talk about. Oh anyone else notice the Twitter account for MvC has popped back up, making tweets almost daily. Something is about to happen with that franchise and I'm willing to guarantee this is just that announcement (throw that in with the fact that my mole is inside, learning everything they need to know on this fighting game).

The only information still scarce on this game is that of the roster, we can confirm that Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm, and a few others will be back; but the team behind MvC3 have said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes (on the disc). Surely the unlock-able gameplay will be back and in full force.

As far as gameplay goes the Capcom team decided to stick with what we know best, 2D - that being said it is not tradition 2D fighting, think more of a cross between Street Fighter IV and the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (sounds epically awesome to us). Other details, screenshots, trailers, and more will be released next week once the official embargo lifts. Another rumor my mole told me was that gamers attending this year's E3 2010 conference in Los Angeles will have a chance to go hands-on with Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - it should ship later this year or early 2011 for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

There are many other rumors swirling around but we think we plea our case just fine, MvC3 is coming to next-gen consoles and will be officially announced very soon (like next week).

Edited by Dante

I didnt actually read the story where she came back but from what I can tell she never actually died and the doctor woman (cant remember her name) just claimed she was dead

EDIT:

From wikipedia:

When confronted, Spoiler removes her mask, and reveals that she is Stephanie, with Leslie Thompkins having faked her death. Batman reveals his doubts about her death leading him to not erect a memorial for her in the Batcave. Since her secret identity had been compromised, Leslie faked her death so villains could not use her against Batman as Black Mask had done. Living with Leslie in Africa under an alias, Stephanie had been performing volunteer work until an attack from a local witch-hunting tribe prompted her to return to crimefighting and subsequently to Gotham.[8] Spoiler reunites with her mother, enrolls in Tim's high school, and rejoins the Bat-Family.[9]
Edited by Happenstance

RE: Spoiler

It's actually not a horrible wya to bring her back. It does kinda work...Leslie was really out of character letting Spoiler die rather than doing all she could to save her, and also people did wonder why Stephanie's Robin costume was never on display...

(But she should really be older by now...she was pregnant with an ex-boyfriends baby in like...1999. So Let's just say she was 15/16 then. I know comic time doesn't go like that, but realistically. )

The comic death retcons I hate are the pointless ones...there was actualy no need to bring back Hal Jordan, or Barry Allen (UGH!). Hal adds something I suppose, but he was more fun as Spectre. Barry just takes everything away, there's already several more interesting Flashes anyway.

So Nightcrawler plays "a big role" in Second Coming.

And we know significant people die in Second Coming.

And he isn't in any of the post Second Coming teaser images.

Fail.

1270567763.jpg

I can see Cable dieing during second coming. I hope Nightcrawler doesnt, he has been underused lately so id like to see him more in the Heroic Age.

So just finished reading all of Blackest Night (and the BN: Wonder Woman - which was so pointless, adding absolutely nothing- and the tie-in Justice League issues).

I liked it, but it wasn't earth-shattering. It all got very wishy-washy at the end with "POWER!" and combining light and emotions and stuff, but it was pretty dynamic. Also Nekron seemed to be doing nothing for most of the final battle, except not dying and occasionally killing guardians.

I don't understand why the deputies got the rings again? Fair enough Wonder Woman needed one cause she was a Black Lantern before, but the others just got ones and then did very little of use with them. Scarecrow was the only one that tried and he got rudely interrupted by Lex Luthor.

Also I hate randomly brining back select people in the end, but not everyone. Feels badly done. Though I love Deadman finally coming to life, a massai joke.

Also, if Sheira is back as Hawkgirl, where's Kendra? Or am I missing the reincarnation point, like it's still Kendra with Sheira's personality? I'm so confused.

Mera seemed to be the only deputy I wanted to know about/that was developed. Superman was suprisingly shite, transformed easily into a Black Lantern then forgotten about.

Oh well. The art was good, and I do like the concept of different coloured corps, just for the jokes it tells. But I'll clap if White becomes an official one...White is such a lovely colour to see on a costume.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!