• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Any of you guys read The Boys? I ordered the first two volumes earlier but havent read it before.

It is a good read, can get a bit too far up its own arse and plays a bit too much on the fact that all superheroes are a bunch of cunts.

I pretty much love it, but can understand where the complaints are coming from.

Guy is a bit of an unknown to me but....well that means fuck all. 99% of the cast of all my favorites are unknowns to me, and even when they are known, I've found their past performances to be totally irrelevant to what they do now.

I just started reading The Sword.

Hooooooooooly shit, it's awesome. Nobody told me it was so good*

*Technically not true. Rez did, but I make it my business to not listen to Rez about anything.

oh harro!

00Fu5.jpg

I was right. Booya.

Yeah I think it is. It's really active now, so they re-arranged a few things to keep it quiet I guess.

Good threads there for a lot of hit series' you should def check out. The Sword and Green Lantern being two great ones on page 1

I'm Yossarian on there, FYI.

No. I just seemed to skip 4-5 posts between Mundi and ReZ. OH WELL.

--

I watched 2 comics "original animated movies" the other day; Superman/Batman: Public Enemies and Justice League: Crisis on 2 Earths.

I thought the first was pretty blah. I didn't like the animation...it was trying to copy whazzisface's style, who did the art for the actual story, but it just does not translate into animated form at all. I'd rather they'd just done the normal DCU animation style. Story-wise wasn't impressed and there were just too many unexplained things/actions/plot holes.

The latter was much better, which some compelling, interesting villains in the CSA, and I love the DCUA animated style (I know they change the way it's drawn slightly between movies, but it's very much the SAME style), and it was just well-paced and featured lots of cool animated debuts AFAIK. Like Halo and Looker etc.

I'm just suprised the idea of doing loads of Lantern colours hadn't been done before.

Well I guess it had...Yellow was always there, and Blue used to be something totally different didn't it? Like a group of grey things with power rings? And Pink counted I suppose.

Just about to read Invincible.

I hope we see Angstrom for one last time before...the big storyline.

(YN)

---------

Ewwww, fuck tonnes of re-cap. Didn't think it was going to be that much re-cap. Biggest plot point was the bit in the preview.

Still looking forward to getting back to proper, on schedule, regular Invincible. Next issue will be better.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!