• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Most people seem to think that thats not the final or full lineup.

I dont mind Spidey still being on the team, as long as he is used properly. I dont think hes had enough moments to shine in New Avengers since it started. Its a shame Ms Marvel may not be on the team, I liked her leadership and theres also the possibility of a romance with Spidey to explore.

That's a really solid team. I have no idea who the gorilla is but everyone else is golden. Cannot wait for some Beast/ Spidey banter.

Alternatively....That picture does kinda cover a full spectrum of Marvel heroes so it might just be HA art.

Would like an Avengers rosta with one more for the ladies and Dr Strange plz k tnx

Gorilla Man is from Agents of Atlas. They were in Thunderbolts recently (fighting the new team). Unless that's a different Gorilla. :p

Started reading Walking Dead, cool so far, I like the art. Not stunning me, but then Kirkman's very direct approach often fails to stun me. It's very fast-paced, or rather...characters don't seem to dwell on things. But then it's arugable he's just aware of the medium, trying to combat the way most comics feel really short these days cause so much emphasis/page space is placed on events that previously would have taken a few panels to describe (in the olden days).

Just read the new Batman & Robin issue:

God I really, really hated the way the British were written in this issue. Always winds me up seeing Americans write us like that.

Mistake or two in the book as well with Batman and Batwoman saying eachothers lines.

Also seems like this arc is starting a bit early as its supposed to be set the day after Blackest Night.

Okay, totally into Walking Dead now. It's like, issue after issue after issue etc. :D

I love how it's so uncompromising. It's like..."Death; accept it. Quick".

What was the thing you said would happen ReZ, cause I'm on 17 right now and lots of things have happened. (i.e OMGGXXXZ bits)

Okay, totally into Walking Dead now. It's like, issue after issue after issue etc. :D

What was the thing you said would happen ReZ, cause I'm on 17 right now and lots of things have happened. (i.e OMGGXXXZ bits)

You will know.

It only gets better from here.

Just read the new Batman & Robin issue:

God I really, really hated the way the British were written in this issue. Always winds me up seeing Americans write us like that.

Mistake or two in the book as well with Batman and Batwoman saying eachothers lines.

Also seems like this arc is starting a bit early as its supposed to be set the day after Blackest Night.

but the writer is Scottish ;)

aaaaaaand there it is!

: peace:

oh and while we're on the work of a Mr R Kirkman- has anyone been reading his Pilot series for Image?

I read Demonic today and...it's not bad. Basic premise is that a guy is granted super powers by a demon who, nightly, is tormented by his demon who goads him in to killing his wife and child. In order to sate her hunger, he goes out in to the night and kills criminals and such.

really dark, but it's certainly compelling. #0 or whatever is pretty good.

I missed the first book, but stealth is out next week.

Kick Ass #8 is absolutely amazing

oh and speaking of Kirkman, Invincible has slipped another week :(

rrrrrrrnnaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrraaarrrrrrgghh!

OH MY GOD YOU CAN'T FUCKING DO IT FOUR WEEKS IN A ROW!!!!

So much for on time in 09. Or 10. Whatever.

But what annoys me more than this; Jason Howard has said he's been super busy recently drawing his and Kirkmans new comic. Wolf-Man has now been 2 months or about 9 weeks since the last issue.

Dy'wanna finish one before starting the others. Poor scheduling ruins a good story. A bit.

but the writer is Scottish ;)

Well then its just crap writing

EDIT:

Pretty good issue but there is one thing im wondering about. In the Spider-Man/Spider Woman scenes where she asks if he is married, im wondering if that was just a throw away joke or theres possibly more to it.

Edited by Happenstance

I don't know if I'm asking in the wrong place, but its worth a go.

I love reading things like watchmen, v for vendetta, graphic novels I guess? I recently bought hellboy and heroes, but I'm not sure what else to go after, I prefer not having to continously buy comics and end up with like 100 comics for one story.

I'm confusing myself, I is ill. Help.

I love how the characters in The Walking Dead could translate to a stunning videogame.

I can imagine choosing people for certain missions. Andrea being the best at range, so you could have her and either Rick or Tyreese as your main attacker, but then it's arguable you'd prefer to have both, or one and the agility of Glenn. Michonne joins half-way through and is really good, but has quite low defence, so you have to work out how to work her well. And then Alice being the cliched yet useful healer.

[/random]

I don't know if I'm asking in the wrong place, but its worth a go.

I love reading things like watchmen, v for vendetta, graphic novels I guess? I recently bought hellboy and heroes, but I'm not sure what else to go after, I prefer not having to continously buy comics and end up with like 100 comics for one story.

I'm confusing myself, I is ill. Help.

Definitely the right place to ask. :p

Now, I know you said you don't want to buy a comic that will be hundreds long, but I cannot recommend "Chew" enough. Volume 1 is out, and it is criminally cheap, like £7 or something. (But its Volume 1, issues 1-5 of a story they said will be approx 50 long) (Its about a detective who can tell something history by eating it)

As for actual graphic novels with self contained stories ;

Kick Ass (when it comes out, in a month or two) is excellent. (Its about a kid who decides to become a super hero. Set in normal our life land, no super powers etc)

I've not read it but "Criminal" by Brubaker is apparently amazing. (Crime noir etc)

I can't really think of a lot of one offs. "Old Man Logan" was awesome, its a Wolverine story but set in the future, and stand alone (for now)

Locke and Key is pretty awesome. Thats five volumes long (but only 2 have been done so far) I'm just reading it myself and its great. (Its about a weird house and magical keys, mystery and brilliantly and sophisticatedly told)

OOh, you could try "Ultimates" and "Ultimates 2" they really are great. (Government super teams)

Really the best ones are ongoing though. Like if you liked the Iron Man movie, The Invincible Iron Man by Matt Fraction is a fucking masterpiece (but its still going) first three volumes are out though.

And of course Invincible and The Walking Dead (the latter of which Paj is just discovering how RIDICULOUSLY good it is, its just an amazing character study with the constant threat of death and zombies and other problems thrown in)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!