• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I need another series to tide me over. Any recommendations?

Currently actively following;

Uncanny X-Men

Thunderbolts

Dark Avengers

Invincible

I'm not really interested in New Avengers (unless it's REALLY good..dunno). I like Spider-Man, but not too keen on checking him out atm. Looked into Kick-Ass, but couldn't *find* it all properly.

I tried to join that myxss site to actually be able to search/request stuff but it never e-mailed me my password so...

I need another series to tide me over. Any recommendations?

Currently actively following;

Uncanny X-Men

Thunderbolts

Dark Avengers

Invincible

I'm not really interested in New Avengers (unless it's REALLY good..dunno). I like Spider-Man, but not too keen on checking him out atm. Looked into Kick-Ass, but couldn't *find* it all properly.

I tried to join that myxss site to actually be able to search/request stuff but it never e-mailed me my password so...

For Marvel I would recommend:

Captain America

Invincible Iron Man

Ultimate Comics Avengers

I would also say trying reading the first arc of New Avengers, its a good series.

If your interested in DC at all then:

Batman & Robin

Green Lantern

Blackest Night

Also try and read Walking Dead

I'm not really in a DC mood atm.

I might try Walking Dead, it's really recommended on here. Only other Image/Kirkman (think it's him?) thing I've read is Astounding Wolf-Man, which was thoroughly mediocre, so would be nice to read WD and see.

I'm not really in a DC mood atm.

I might try Walking Dead, it's really recommended on here. Only other Image/Kirkman (think it's him?) thing I've read is Astounding Wolf-Man, which was thoroughly mediocre, so would be nice to read WD and see.

Haha, I'd honestly be surprised if TWD isn't one of your favourite comics after you've caught up. Its a bit more "sophisticated" than most things...etc. But yeah.

I also can't wait till you get to that bit. I don't want to give away when that bit happens obviously, but your jaw will hit the floor.

And you should read The Irredeemable Ant Man. Also Kirkman and excellent, and only 12 issues long.

(This next one isn't a suggestion, its an instruction) Then read Chew. Chew is my favourite new book of 2009. It is absolutely, 100% enjoyable. It is completely and utterly unique, the artwork is fantastic and the humour is funnier than Deadpool which is saying something. It is seriously masterful.

Don't call Wolf-Man mediocre though please. To be fair you didn't give it much of a chance, and I know its not thoroughly liked on here, but its visual style is great and the writing is solid,and its nice to see a different interpretation of a horror type thing, and with a good super hero slant! Its offensive to call it mediocre.

After you've read those, read these;

Old Man Logan

Kick Ass

Avengers The Initiative (I think you'd really like the obscure characters. The writing is very very good and consistent too. I'd argue it Marvel most underrated book. The current artist is an ABSOLUTE superstar, and I don't see anyone rave about him)

Edited by ReZourceman

Transmetropolitan: First two issues didn't do that much for me, Spider is a pretty clear Hunter S. Thompson derivative, right down to every idiosyncratic mannerism, for example, his habit of continuously narrating every aspect of his own existence, and the speech was a bit contrived initially. But, the third issue hit it out of the park. Getting into it, loving the gaudy atmosphere of the city, the art is cool, even though I much prefer Charlie Adlards less flashy character depictions.

"There's one hole in every revolution, large or small, and its one word long - People." I am loving the writing, though the aesthetic of it is at times more engaging than the subject matter, but I'm hopeful that it'll get better as it goes along.

I'll probably finish this before I make a move on Invincible and Wanted. Good shit.

Deadpool is pretty good as well, enjoyable read I find, last 3 arcs have been amazing imo

Oh I think Deadpool has been absolutely incredible since the new run started. Really really solid consistently funny writing (which is difficult to achieve) and I adore the artwork. And on top of that it fits in incredibly well with all the continuity, and the various MU-spanning "banner events" moreso than most comics actually.

I hate Jeff Parker taking over TBolts and one issue into his run shoe horning his shitty Agents of Atlas into it.

Seriously? Why? Joke.

I know from reading Thunderbolts that Deadpool feels he should have got the glory for defeating the Skrull Queen...will he have a big part in Siege?

He's not involved (though could be in his own book/ in his own mind) but it's such a great cover I don't even care one bit.

It's not. I can't search or join that forum that *tells you where to buy the comics*, and I really cannot be fannied to search it all out by date, trawling through thousands of pages, to find out it's rapidshare.

Etc.

Basically I need a bulk lot or gtfo.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!