NEurope

Only goes to 51, but a nice list, as it isn't just Marvel and DC. Lots of genuinely great covers.

It goes all the way to #1, you just have to load the other pages.

Why do you think I mentioned the choices from 10-1? ::shrug:

I posted before I saw your bit.

So glad she's got some of my favourites in, like the Emma Frost New X-men cover, X-Men 190 (Mystique and Iceman), loads of stunning Batman and Catwoman (both of which seem to be blessed by an awesome amount of good covers)...

jock.jpg

This cover in particular inspires a real feeling of...sadness in me. Or reality. The city is so real and stark. As the blogger says, nothing like how Gotham is presented in Batman.

Hmmm very strange choices there. Agree with Walking Dead 48 though....brilliant.

And will now buy Proof.

I have to say that while the Dark Phoenix is a great and classic and groundbreaking storyline, the covers for the whole thing were annoyingly not as good as they could have been.

They're all almost brilliant.

A fan asked if there were any plans to bring "The Walking Dead" to television stations such as HBO and Showtime. Kirkman said he couldn't say anything publicly yet, but there are plans in the works and he might have an announcement soon. Would he consider a film version? "I would prefer a television show, but I am a bit of a — cover your ears, kids — whore," he admitted. "So, if Michael Bay wants to do a movie, I'm there. Exploding zombies!"

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22490

Potentially the best news ever?

Why would you ever want Michael Bay to direct a movie of something you held dear to your heart?

btw ReZ, I've been meaning to ask

do you like anything Loeb has done? I mean like ever?

surely he must have done some good work in the past for Marvel to have given him the job of fucking up the Hulk and the Ultimate Universe

Why would you ever want Michael Bay to direct a movie of something you held dear to your heart?

He's quite obviously being sarcastic. Even if you havn't read it, you can surely tell from the way he said it?

btw ReZ, I've been meaning to ask

do you like anything Loeb has done? I mean like ever?

surely he must have done some good work in the past for Marvel to have given him the job of fucking up the Hulk and the Ultimate Universe

Yes! I havn't read a huge amount of his stuff, but he certainly was never this bad. His stories used to make sense, they really did, but he hasn't written anything good in like 6 years. Well first arc of Hulk was OK.

Oh my fucking god. Made of rule. Made of fucking whynz rule hax.

My only request? DON'T FUCK WITH THE STORY.

Also....Carl....he'll grow up quickly, and we're only like...just over a year in 10 volumes (Heads up I believe the 10th Volume is out today) but that could be a solid 5 seasons probably.

This is the best news ever though. So casting, what'dya guys think.

Just finished THE LONG HALLOWEEN.

Loved it.

"I believe in BATMAN."

Is the next one Haunted Knight? Or is there not a progression...

I think the kind of sequel to Long Halloween is Dark Victory but I havent read it. I think with most of the Batman trades it doesnt matter which order you read them in.

Except Death in the Family, its probably better to read that before Hush

Ah, good to know. I've got Year One left to read and then I'll see what else is around to pick up.

I kept putting off getting Year One because of the older style artwork, I really should get it though.

Thats probably another reason I love Hush so much, Jim Lee's art is just so damn brilliant!

I think its worth reading 424 to 431 of batman (a couple issues before a death in the family). You see robin at his worst, its pretty damn good reading.

I kept putting off getting Year One because of the older style artwork, I really should get it though.

Thats probably another reason I love Hush so much, Jim Lee's art is just so damn brilliant!

Yeah, it's a bit of a shift.

I think its worth reading 424 to 431 of batman (a couple issues before a death in the family). You see robin at his worst, its pretty damn good reading.

Do they sell that in a collection? n00b question.

Oh my fucking god. Made of rule. Made of fucking whynz rule hax.

My only request? DON'T FUCK WITH THE STORY.

Also....Carl....he'll grow up quickly, and we're only like...just over a year in 10 volumes (Heads up I believe the 10th Volume is out today) but that could be a solid 5 seasons probably.

This is the best news ever though. So casting, what'dya guys think.

Not having read the book I can't see how 10 volumes could equate to 2 seasons. That's roughly 1300 minutes of television.

Anywho, its not really here nor there but I have nothing better do with myself than make a nuisance. :awesome:

The only old Batman collections I know of are in the Batman Chronicles series but as I dont read those I dont know how far they are up to yet.

My failometer bleeped slightly.

Frank Millar's art is fantastic in Year One, and if I may say so, a lot more appropriate for Batman than Jim Lee's.

Jim Lee is great, I'm not about to tell lies. But it's very glossy. Fits in with Hush, which is effectively Batman vs. ALL HIS GREATEST VILLAINS IN THE STORY TO END ALL STORIES! ROMANCE! INTRIGUE! SUSPENSE...

But yeah. I get sick of seeing the same female and male faces recycled the whole time in Lee's work.

I find Batman drawn by Tim Sale or Eduardo Risso a far more compelling figure.

batcat02.jpg?image_id=236

batjoker.jpg?image_id=254

Risso's stuff is wonderful in colour too. But yeah, I personally prefer the grittier stuff for people like Batman and Daredevil, since it fits a lot better. For me, anyway.

My failometer bleeped slightly.

Frank Millar's art is fantastic in Year One, and if I may say so, a lot more appropriate for Batman than Jim Lee's.

Jim Lee is great, I'm not about to tell lies. But it's very glossy. Fits in with Hush, which is effectively Batman vs. ALL HIS GREATEST VILLAINS IN THE STORY TO END ALL STORIES! ROMANCE! INTRIGUE! SUSPENSE...

But yeah. I get sick of seeing the same female and male faces recycled the whole time in Lee's work.

I find Batman drawn by Tim Sale or Eduardo Risso a far more compelling figure.

batcat02.jpg?image_id=236

batjoker.jpg?image_id=254

Risso's stuff is wonderful in colour too. But yeah, I personally prefer the grittier stuff for people like Batman and Daredevil, since it fits a lot better. For me, anyway.

I had a feeling you would moan about that, you always seem to have a problem with me liking more modern art

It's more the fact you avoided comics because the art wasn't all clean and glossy. As I say, I like Jim Lee, he's an awesome artist, but it gets sickly after too much of it (and like I say, everyone looks like supermodels with the same faces). There's not enough depth for me.

But then I complain about stuff a lot. When it's personal preference.

But then I complain about stuff a lot. When it's personal preference.

Ive noticed. Its the fact that you've mentioned it a few times before to me so really....I get it. But I was talking to Daft, its not that im telling you to butt out but going over something like this again and again just gets annoying.

My immediate TWD Casting wishlist:

Morgan:

Andre Royo aka Reginald 'Bubbles' Cousins in The Wire

bubbles.jpg

He does every kind of fucked up and on the edge as a Baltimore Junkie- fantastic range and ability, particularly if Morgan comes back later after..well, you know.

Terese

Idris Elba, aka Stringer Bell in The Wire

stringer-bell.jpg

Huge, black and awesome ;)

Abraham

Ian Mcshane, aka Deadwood's Al Swearengen

ianmcshane.jpg

Perfect fit for the older, lethal survivalist with an eye for a well groomed soup drainer.

Andrea:

Julie Benz. Currently Rita in Dexter

benz-lg.jpg

She's pretty sexy, with the kind of femininity that can go from vulnerable to unbreakable in an instant.

just a start. ;)