NEurope

on DC vs Marvel:

Marvel has a much stronger continuity and cast. They have much better storylines and a cohesive universe that allows great events like Dark Reign, The Age of Apocalypse and Civil War.

DC don't have anything like that but they do seem to acknowledge that and can be known to use it to their advantage. They're much more likely to allow writers to do something like The Dark Knight Returns Kingdom Come or Superman: Secret Identity which are, generally, much more literary and interesting than even the best Marvel stuff simply because it can be self contained, experimental and doesn't have to be worked in to a complex running storyline. All they need is a strong core character and they can do whatever the hell they want.

some of their characters are gash though. The Flash is comically shit.

I think the problem with both Marvel and DC is that they're both seen mostly with a couple of characters at the front as pretty much the company mascots and because of that change or progression can be hard.

This is what happened with Brand New Day for Spider-Man, he basically got put back to what most fans originally knew him as. Same kind of thing with DC, with events like Infinite Crisis historys are too easy to re-write to suit what the current writers want.

I prefer Marvel because it does feel like a proper world, things matter in it. DC it does to a point but I think with the made up cities it doesnt have the same feel.

Marvel has a much stronger continuity and cast. They have much better storylines and a cohesive universe that allows great events like Dark Reign, The Age of Apocalypse and Civil War.

DC don't have anything like that but they do seem to acknowledge that and can be known to use it to their advantage. They're much more likely to allow writers to do something like The Dark Knight Returns Kingdom Come or Superman: Secret Identity which are, generally, much more literary and interesting than even the best Marvel stuff simply because it can be self contained, experimental and doesn't have to be worked in to a complex running storyline. All they need is a strong core character and they can do whatever the hell they want.

This is what I was on about.

Exactly.

And I find Batman boring after a while, if there isn't some sortof outside force in play. (i.e a villain of some fashion) But then there are loads of different kinds of Batman stories, so this isn't always the case.

Brand New Day smacked of shit, because Marvel isn't DC. I used the word timeless, because that's what DC characters are, they're in no particular time, don't have much prolonged development, before it's reset somehow. But in DC, that works. In Marvel, it's a lot more real, so BND was utter shit.

Of course the argument is pointless because Image can do all the things, and all better.

This is what I was on about.

Exactly.

Why...didn't....you....

I think you just like using big words to imply stuff, when no one actually knows what the fuck you mean.

Of course the argument is pointless because Image can do all the things, and all better.

I think thats only because they are a smaller company, if they were on Marvel and DCs level they'd start to have the same problems

Brand New Day smacked of shit, because Marvel isn't DC. I used the word timeless, because that's what DC characters are, they're in no particular time, don't have much prolonged development, before it's reset somehow. But in DC, that works. In Marvel, it's a lot more real, so BND was utter shit.

Just incase you missed it.

Considering it's been 70+ years, very little of much significance has happened to the major characters. Or rather, they remain mostly the same through everything. Most big events involve history being erased/rewritten.

I understand what you are saying, and I feel you do have a point to a degree, but I respectfully feel somewhat different.

Read more Image.

Yeah, in the end, I know what I'm trying to say/how I feel, even if no one else does. :p

I'm asking for Invincible for my BIRTHDAY!

Image suck dick.

Apart from the Kirkman stable, their entire lineup is, uniformly, morbidly charmless juvenile cockcheese.

Image suck dick.

Apart from the Kirkman stable, their entire lineup is, uniformly, morbidly charmless juvenile cockcheese.

Thinking about it, I only really know the Kirkman lot from Image so I couldnt say either way.

The Flash is comically shit.

The Flash is a great simple idea, that works occasionally... He works better as a naive, Iceman style supporting character. In fact he's similar to Iceman in many ways, in that he is insanely powerful but doesn't really know it/make good use of it. The Flash is essentially the embodiment of those "but why didn't he just...?!" moments, in that he could easily solve any problem in an instant with his amazing speed, but often doesn't. Meaning any time he fails you're left thinking that nobody else would have in his position.

Image suck dick.

Are you kidding me?

He'd be fine if he was like, say, Quicksilver. Thing is, writers seem to have progressively made him faster and faster untill he becomes just...an absurdity. stuff like being able to move so fast his atoms vibrate through walls or running between dimensions. Like you say, there's so little he can't do now that he can't generate any good stories.

Are you kidding me?

no.

Youngblood says 'hi'

As does Witchblade. Though not as bad as Youngblood. And technically just a subsidary of Image.

He'd be fine if he was like, say, Quicksilver. Thing is, writers seem to have progressively made him faster and faster untill he becomes just...an absurdity. stuff like being able to move so fast his atoms vibrate through walls or running between dimensions. Like you say, there's so little he can't do now that he can't generate any good stories.

no.

Youngblood says 'hi'

Old Image? Pffft.

Dude, read Four Eyes. The Sword. You read Chew right? These are all just recent ones I've been reading and they are pretty much always above Marvel and DC on my read pile.

I'm 100% certain you'd love Four Eyes too.

I adore Sword, as it has a definitive end in sight, and knows its gonna acheive, and is simple, sickeningly violent and quite slick. Art work is quite love it or hate it though.

Hahahaha, having said that I just realised I think the artwork is good. Not love or hate.

at least Image don't rely so heavily on one of their characters that they need to put out 24 books involving him/his villains in one month (Hello DC and Batman)

at least Image don't rely so heavily on one of their characters that they need to put out 24 books involving him/his villains in one month (Hello DC and Batman)

Also. Paper quality and no adverts, for no more money. Adverts ruin a story so damned much.

yeah that's something I hate about the Marvel/DC books as well, fucking adverts in the middle of the story.