John Romita Jr

AmazingSpiderManV2I43.jpg

Ivan Reis

12409_400x600.jpg

Ethan Van Sciver

20090706_ethan_van_sciver_tour.jpg

Mike Wieringo

FriendlyNeighborhood08.jpg

That Gary Frank art, is that from the recent origin story (can't even remember what it was called)... I couldn't stand that art, or rather, I hated how he drew the character to look like Christopher Reeve. I loved Reeve, don't get me wrong, and he did a great job of being Superman for millions of childhoods - but it doesn't translate well into the comic book world.

Also, no love for the Ross?

absolutekingdomcomehc.jpg

Chris Bachalo is probs my second-fave after Quitely. I'll buy stuff JUST because it's him doing it.

Yeah he really is something else.

That Gary Frank art, is that from the recent origin story (can't even remember what it was called)... I couldn't stand that art, or rather, I hated how he drew the character to look like Christopher Reeve. I loved Reeve, don't get me wrong, and he did a great job of being Superman for millions of childhoods - but it doesn't translate well into the comic book world.

Yeah its from Superman Secret Origin. I did mention on the other page how I dont particularly like him using Chris Reeve as Superman and Clark Kent but thats just a character choice for me, the art itself is brilliant.

my favourite comic book artists are (in no particular order):

Steve Epting

1020goodstuff2.jpg

CIV_WAR_CHRN_12.jpg

Michael Avon Oeming

POWERS31.jpg

JH Williams III

detective854.jpg

Mike Mignola

691318-mike_mignola_the_goon_07_super.jpg

Sean Phillips

04_lawless_1.jpgcriminal1aq9.jpg

John Cassaday

The_Astonishing_X-Men.jpg

BAM! :grin:

Finished Secret Origin. Loved it.

So much so that I then went on to Rage Of The Red Lanterns and now I'm on like Issue 45. :)

Should I read Green Lantern Corps as well? :D

If you are enjoying the Green Lantern concept as a whole then id say yes. Its not set on Earth but mainly follows Kyle Rayner and Guy Gardner and then other alien members of the corps.

Emerald Warriors is a new Green Lantern series starring Guy Gardner thats set after Blackest Night, not really needed until you are caught up I wouldnt say.

Green Lantern Corps does tie in from time to time. The Sinestro Corps War trades have both Green Lantern and Corps issues in it as it was a big crossover event.

Another gorgeous comic book artist is Jae Lee. Fairly incomparable with other comic artists.

5262005423_cd5e0d566a.jpg55_HEROIC_AGE__X_MEN_1.jpg

WIDOW_MAKER_1.jpg

yZChWGr3kouqm25r4OHh6EyHo1_500.jpg

His figures are so statuesque, and all inhabit this ethereal misty world.

But...thats precisely what I don't like about some comic artists; those that attempt to do no more than draw superheroes in vaguely warlike poses, flexing or looking mysterious, and don't try to communicate a sense of place or context. Half the story in Preacher or The Dark Knight Returns was told through the art, but in a lot of comics, some panels just seem interchangeable, like they're only there to provide a place for the text to go.

Well his style and work within panels and stuff is very unique, it's not all like his cover work, that's just a nice aesthetic he uses sometimes. I agree with you mostly. Why I think Frank Quitely is king of comic artists. He's got an amazing grasp of sequential story-telling.

And I love Frank Miller's art too. (like in Dark Knight Returns)

Both Deadman and Shiera are dead, Hawk is still alive but he didn't complete his mission but is still alive, Swamp Thing is back as Alec Holland and kills Vertigo's Swamp Thing. DC's Swamp Thing is going around killing company executives also John Constantine is on the case.

:hmm:

I'm looking forward to Brightest Day finale. The variant cover seems to imply that there will be a whole corps (its a "homage" to the Blackest Night #1 cover, but with white rings/Swamp Thing instead).

Good week this week in fact. Very much looking forward to the Avengers .1 which apparently leads the way for the next big arc down the road.

Fear Itself 2 next week.

Lol.

Not know much about Vertigo the ending was like "............."

Yeah. Erm. Swamp Thing huh?. Cool. :/

I hear Vertigo.

What was the ending? And I need a brief summery of the event in general.

(Not sure if its been mentioned on here, but Kirkman and Capullo are leaving Haunt).

It was speculated that Capullo would be joining Batman or Spider-Man (I would have LOVED to have seen him on Spidey) however we might have our answer now.

batman_and_robin_by_thegregcapullo-d3f167j.jpg

I just bought Superboy: Boy of Steel and issues 1 through 7 of the running comic. Along with issues 4 and 5 of Batman Beyond.

I noticed Batman Inc is still releasing an issue every blue moon.