Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

So Superboy #11 was a lame conclusion to a lame series. Apart from the cover which was a rad pull back of the #1 cover. Because of the New 52 there were a load of things that were left unresolved, but I'm not too upset because the whole thing was so uninspiring that I'd rather it didn't carry on.

About issue 3 it was awesome because it had some proper fighting, Conner using his telekinesis and all that. The rest was just really boring story. Actually the Superboy vs Kid Flash race was pretty cool.

EDIT: Haha!! Just noticed in the DC Comics preview issue thang, they've spelled Scott Lobdell's name wrong. I'd be soooo pissed.

Edited by Daft

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Big thanks to you Odwin. I didn't know there was a Compendium out until I saw you post about it.

Walking Dead and Invincible. I'm happily close to tears.

OMG and NuDC. ALL IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. TOO.MUCH.AWESOMNESS.

Kinda uncool that I'm probably going to go from the bargain £25 compendium to having to spend like £45 to get the next three HCs. Still probably good value, but ... grumble grumble grumble.

well you could wait till they reach issue 96 and then they'll issue a new compendium (less than a year to go in single issue terms, but I'd expect it for next October at least)

the Uncanny X-Men cover sans silhouettes

x-men-cover.jpg

Got a few trades out the library.

I read the 2000s reboot thing of the JSA's Alan Scott Green Lantern. The first issue was stunning, but only because of the artwork -- painted, and really washed out; great to look at. The rest went downhill from there. Really shit/"...MMMM*purselips*" bit where Vandal Savage resurrects his dead daughter, but actually it's just an illusion.

Reading Wolverine: First Class, a combination of rewritten/repenciled stories and the original Chris Claremont late 70s Uncanny X-Men after Jean died (which I assume was compiled to go alongside the Wolverine movie). I kinda love. It's been solid/good/fine/jokes so far -- I love Siryn's and Shadowcat's feud thing over Colossus. Hey 13 years old. Hey Soviet Super Soldiers. Hey Darkstar.

And the original comics are surprisingly engaging. Of course, totally different style with a complete lack of subtlety, but I actually enjoy more than a shit modern day comic (see Green Lantern).

Also got Green Arrow & Black Canary, Namor and X-Force to read. And of course Maus, but that's more of a commitment, so I'll get round to that eventually.

Edited by chairdriver

Big thanks to you Odwin. I didn't know there was a Compendium out until I saw you post about it.

Walking Dead and Invincible. I'm happily close to tears.

OMG and NuDC. ALL IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. TOO.MUCH.AWESOMNESS.

There is an issue with its size. It's more like reading an Argos catalogue than a comic book.

More NuDc Info:

Jeff Lemire had a spotlight panel at Fan Expo Canada. At which we learned;

• Sweet Tooth will probably end at around issue 50
  • His Atom back ups in Adventure Comics will tie in to his new Frankenstein series as Ray Palmer becomes a member of the S.H.A.D.E. science team.
  • Lemire sees S.H.A.D.E. as the big spy agency for DC new Universe and has talked with Paul Cornell about how it will all fit together with Stormwatch in Year Two.
  • Dan DiDio pretty much comfirmed Wally West won't be around for a while as Wayy's origins derive from Barry's and the timeline is too concise. They will have Bart for the teenage set however.

James Robinson also appeared at a Spotlight panel. And he's been talking about his Shade series from DC, spinning out from his legendary Starman run.

• We know that Von Hammer will be appearing in the first two issues, Robinson also let the audience know that vampire La Sangre will return for issue five to seven.
  • And in issue eleven, Egyptian gods will be attacking London, with Knight And Squire on hand.
  • If they exist. He's not quite sure if they exist in the New 52. He's going to find out.
  • He wants to write new Congorilla and new Starman stories - but not using Jack Knight...
  • Confirms Nicola Scott On JSA set on Earth 2

And there was a Flashpoint Friday panel too. In which we learnt;

• Pied Piper will be coming back in Flash at some point
  • Booster Gold will be Canadian in JLI.

Edited by Dante

Got a few trades out the library.

Reading Wolverine: First Class, a combination of rewritten/repenciled stories and the original Chris Claremont late 70s Uncanny X-Men after Jean died (which I assume was compiled to go alongside the Wolverine movie). I kinda love. It's been solid/good/fine/jokes so far -- I love Siryn's and Shadowcat's feud thing over Colossus. Hey 13 years old. Hey Soviet Super Soldiers. Hey Darkstar.

And the original comics are surprisingly engaging. Of course, totally different style with a complete lack of subtlety, but I actually enjoy more than a shit modern day comic (see Green Lantern).

Also got Green Arrow & Black Canary, Namor and X-Force to read. And of course Maus, but that's more of a commitment, so I'll get round to that eventually.

Though Chris Claremont's writing is crap now and doesn't work nowadays (the medium has moved on to just plain BETTER writing), his classic X-Men is very good, plot-wise and is just solid without having chaff. After too many issues in quick succession you get sick of the constant exposition and characters explaining to themselves and/or others how their powers work for the milionth time, though.

Just Finished Project Superman. First two issues were pretty good, last one felt really rushed. Could have done with one more issue but it was nice to see what Supes did after getting rescued by Flash, Batman and Cyborg.

Bring on Flashpoint 5.

Question, is it going to be an extra large issue? Because for the life of me I have no idea how they're going to tie up all the stories.

I dont think you really need to. I think this time the tie ins were more about establishing this new world. The Project Superman one may help for this last issue but I cant know until #5 comes out, I didnt think it was that great though. The Kid Flash one was ok and at the end quite a big thing happens but it probably wont even be mentioned in the main story (which as I said before is a shame). Daft seems to have enjoyed the Batman one as well.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!