NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

The Art of Flirting And You

Devastation, a thread that has not resulted from an MSN conversation between me and Joe/ViPeR.

The aim of this thread is to find who the real flirtmeisters of this forum are, and how exactly they go about their business. Do you even flirt at all? Do you even know when you're doing it?

A couple of my workmates have said in the past week or so that I'm a pretty bad flirt. I was a bit confused by this, as I didn't think I flirted at all. But, the more people I asked, the more that said "ooooooh, oh yes jim!"

I don't think I'm that bad at all, tbh. I say Hi to a lot of people, fair play to them, 90% of the time it is somebody I don't know, but that's how friends are made. There was one incident last week where my mates were outside having a smoke, and I was coming from the loos in work, and saw somebody was arguing with the coffee machine. I giggled, and she laughed back, and we struck up a convo from there, and talk a lot to each other now. When my mates came back from their smoke, they saw the two of us talking and proceeded to say "oh, jim's at it again!"

It's ok to be friendly I think, but what exactly qualifies as friendly and what qualifies as "flirty"? What category do you fall under?

too many poeple have accused me of flirting when ive been with nando ( u know who you are)

im not flirting - im just being friendly :(

I wouldn't have even the faintest idea that someone was flirting with me if "flirting" involved being repeatedly kicked in the face. Unfortunately, as you can probably guess, my own ability to flirt is by extension horrific.

I get accused of flirting with everyone. I get pissed off because I have no idea I'm doing, all I'm doing is having a chat with them. But apprently I do it, alot.

I get accused of flirting with everyone. I get pissed off because I have no idea I'm doing, all I'm doing is having a chat with them. But apprently I do it, alot.

Maybe we're just misunderstood!

See, most of the time, all I do is chat. I don't do the whole touchy feely thing, that's strange. Although, if I know the person fairly well or see them a deal, I do tend to wink at the them with my left eye, and a little smile as well. They usually smile back, which is a good thing...jesus, that's quite bad, isn't it. It's never a "I want to have sex with you" kinda thing. It's more of a fun, playful...thing, like poking your tongue out at someone. I do that, too.

See, most of the time, all I do is chat. I don't do the whole touchy feely thing, that's strange. Although, if I know the person fairly well or see them a deal, I do tend to wink at the them with my left eye, and a little smile as well. They usually smile back, which is a good thing...jesus, that's quite bad, isn't it. It's never a "I want to have sex with you" kinda thing. It's more of a fun, playful...thing, like poking your tongue out at someone. I do that, too.

I just realised I do the whole touchy feely thing. Oops. Well usually only with people I know better anyway.

Oh god. We're serial flirters lol

I'm woeful at it but tdo it the whole time. I'd just be chatting away to her and having a bit of a laugh and it usually lasts a while but then once I realise what I'm doing I become a little self conscious and tend to just stop!!

It's funny though, especially if I've a few drinks on me!

I don't flirt (hell, I don't even talk to people usually); if I did I wouldn't even know it, cause I don't really know what is considered flirting. It's all a big mystery to me!

sadly, my own brand of affection-sarcasm and mockery- does not go down well as flirting. Fuck.

blame my brothers. we grew up dealing with emotions by having fights with sofa cushions instead of talking, then we moved on to relentless violence with Goldeneye.

I don't flirt (hell, I don't even talk to people usually); if I did I wouldn't even know it, cause I don't really know what is considered flirting. It's all a big mystery to me!

Let the Mystery Unravel

Its stuff like if someone reavels there inner arm (where the wrist is), that means their showing you their vunerable, or want you. Thats about all I know (did it in collge before I take a course on psyhcology...which I can't spell.)

Some people just do it naturally, its not saying "ooo take me here and now" (lol) or whatever, its just something used to start a conversation, or keep one going.

neither do i :( i didnt flirt with my bf when we were in that awkward stage!

ive been accused of flirting twice ( with people on this forum no less - one by the person himself)

but i was just being NICE - would u rather i disliked u intensly? or was rude?

I have issues on this topic so all I will say is this:

FLIRT = DEATH

i dont flirt - do i?

i just like being friendly to people

What exactly counts as being flirty, and what exactly counts as being talkative? Sometimes I really think that I don't talk all that differently to someone people, be them male or boobs.

Ha, i'm an awful flirter.

I mean, jeeze its so obvious when i was chatting up Letty originally...

Im pretty flirty. I tend to turn most conversations with the opposite sex into some sort of innuendo but not in a sleazy way.

Flirting is healthy and part of human nature. Without a good old flirt now and again there would be a lot of miserable people in the office.

I think a lot of people frequently think that other people are flirting when they are not. They are judging a situation with their own rules; only u know ur feelings and intentions. I get this frequently and it really annoys me. I've found out that i dont like that many ppl and so its just irritating that some ppl think that me just being nice is flirting. Its not flirting, im just practicing not being an arsehole which these ppl obviously think is abnormal behaviour.

What exactly counts as being flirty, and what exactly counts as being talkative? Sometimes I really think that I don't talk all that differently to someone people, be them male or boobs.

When you talk to someone you fancy etc, your body basically is trying to tell that person you fancy them, by showin them areas of your body while talking to them, or touch certain areas.

And by that I don't mean you start tounching yourself while talking to a hot girl.

You won't notice what your're doing basically. Its body language, speech, eye contact.

I have issues on this topic so all I will say is this:

FLIRT = DEATH

I can quite categorically say that this is true :D

ahem

Flirting is down to interpretation really. Just because someone "isn't" flirting doesn't mean it isn't being perceived by the receiver or an observer. I'm gonna sound like an unbelievable tool here, but I have a really low tolerance of any form of "flirting" from someone I'm with in the direction of another person, whether it be intentional or not.

Unnecessary Closeness

Over-friendliness

Little hits in the form of "oo.. I can't believe you said/did that"

Those are a few of my perceptions of flirtation.

Im pretty flirty. I tend to turn most conversations with the opposite sex into some sort of innuendo but not in a sleazy way.

Flirting is healthy and part of human nature. Without a good old flirt now and again there would be a lot of miserable people in the office.

Yeah innuendo is what I tend to use as well. It's playful fun almost.

Flirting is good indeed but when it goes wrong it can be terrible!!!!

Flirting is down to interpretation really. Just because someone "isn't" flirting doesn't mean it isn't being perceived by the receiver or an observer. I'm gonna sound like an unbelievable tool here, but I have a really low tolerance of any form of "flirting" from someone I'm with in the direction of another person, whether it be intentional or not.

Unnecessary Closeness

Over-friendliness

Little hits in the form of "oo.. I can't believe you said/did that"

Those are a few of my perceptions of flirtation.

i can confirm this :(

*by the smilie face it means i know ive annoyed nando due to all of the above

non-intention stuff

maybe ill be a recluse or something

Yeah innuendo is what I tend to use as well. It's playful fun almost.

Flirting is good indeed but when it goes wrong it can be terrible!!!!

If it goes wrong you just look awkard, everyone laughs and you start flirting again. Simple :D

Freindliness isn't flirting!

I can't remember how many times I've said this to people!