N-Europe

Is WiiConnect24 damaging Wii systems?

DiemetriX

I really hope this doesn't turn into a 360 thing. They've lost a hell of a lot of money due to the failure of so many systems. I heard they'd lost into the $billions.

At least the wii isn't scratching any discs like the xbox360 did.

Its an XBOX 360! My Wii has been on since 4AM 8 December 2007.

hmmm.. you timetravelling fiend you.. i always turn everything off at the source when i leave for work in the morning.. no point in throwing money out the window..

Mine has this problem, when i play games green artifacts appear all over the screen, i have connected nintendo and they said i have to send it away from them too asses it.

For people who have sent theirs away, did you only send the console, or did you send all the wires and everything else?

Mine has this problem, when i play games green artifacts appear all over the screen, i have connected nintendo and they said i have to send it away from them too asses it.

For people who have sent theirs away, did you only send the console, or did you send all the wires and everything else?

When I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago they said to just send the console it self. With a return address and a note reminding them to copy over the save data and VC games.

I've been advised to back my saves up to an SD card before sending just in case though.

Is this the nintendo service center address:

Nintendo Service Centre

Codestorm House

Walton Road

Farlington

Hampshire

PO6 1TR

Also how long does it usually take from sending the wii to nintendo, to getting the new one? i am sad to send it away.

Is this the nintendo service center address:

Nintendo Service Centre

Codestorm House

Walton Road

Farlington

Hampshire

PO6 1TR

Also how long does it usually take from sending the wii to nintendo, to getting the new one? i am sad to send it away.

Nintendo said to me that it can take 10 working days, but usually just takes 5. I havnt sent mine off yet so can't say any more.

This is how they asked me to address it.

Nintendo Service Centre

Wii Department

Codestorm House

Walton Road

Farlington

Hampshire

PO6 1TR

To the guys who are turning off WiiConnect24 and stuff because of fear of the overheating problem:

Think about it.

It's actually better to test if your wii is one of the defective units while it's still on warranty time! If you turn it off now you're delaying the problem to when you probably won't have the warranty anymore. Specially if an update makes the wiiconnect24 pretty useful with some feature that you want to use. If it is one of the defective ones, it will break outside of the warranty time and you're going to have to pay for the repairs.

Mine got the overheating problem in less than a month after i bought it, perhaps 3 weeks or so. I've sent it to Nintendo and now i have a new one and i've been running WiiConnect24 for almost 6 months now. No problems have been detected, so now i don't have to fear the overheating problem in the future.

I recommend you guys to try to trigger the overheating problem to see if yours is a defective unit while it's on the warranty time. Also, better back up your saves to an SD card before you send your Wii to Nintendo.