NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Mario Kart Vs Smash Bros

i have given this some thought. and you know what i think from nintendo's point of view mario kart would be better out first.

Nintendo are trying to grow the catagory of gamers. SSBB wont do this. SSB is a game for established gamers casual and hardcore. Mario Kart is a pick up and play by anyone.

If they hold back SSB are we going to all of a sudden change our minds and not buy it? Ofcourse not. If they hold back Mario Kart will they have failed to capitalise on the huge wave of possitive publicity that the Wii has created? yes.

So in the long term interest of their business this would be a very very smart move.

I as a gamer would feel really pissed off, but i can understand why they would do this. But lets not forget this is still filed away under rumour.

Yeah but Nintendo aren't really looking at it from a business point of view like you described; if they were, then MK would be getting released infront of SSBB worldwide!

As it is, it's just that SSBB supposedly won't be ready for Europe this year (which alot of us predicted anyway, with a Jan-March 2008 release), so we get this instead!

A person who wants brawl rather than kart could import it from the US, no?

But I guess the question here has to do with whether or not Nintendo strategy is a smart move, that's what people are discussing, right?

I actually think it took the series a step back by messing with the mechanics too much, removing the jump was a big mistake.

I agree with you about the jump, but I just think the concept of two players on one kart, racing cooperatively, is a brilliant and fun idea. It's one of the greatest multiplayer experiences I've ever had.

Multi Player:

Smash Bros. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mario Kart

There really is no contest!! Unless they have come up with something special for Mario Kart, the series is really getting quite dull!

So, you're saying Mario Kart has a dull multiplayer experience? Obviously you A.) haven't played Double Dash!!, B.) Don't have two controllers, or C.) don't know what the hell you're talking about.

sonic will be in Smash bros and mario kart

Keep dreaming.

So, you're saying Mario Kart has a dull multiplayer experience? Obviously you A.) haven't played Double Dash!!, B.) Don't have two controllers, or C.) don't know what the hell you're talking about.
a) I had Double Dash on Gamecube up until recently and it got boring really quickly. The multiplayer levels were terrible compared to those in MK64! Really bad! Why mention Double Dash's multiplayer when it's one of the weakest in the series!

A 2 player co-op MK: DD Grand Prix was occasionally quite fun...

but IMO Melee's multiplayer is superior to anything the MK series has ever offered!

b) yeah I do thanks!

c) ...ahhh what's the point!?

a) I had Double Dash on Gamecube up until recently and it got boring really quickly. The multiplayer levels were terrible compared to those in MK64! Really bad! Why mention Double Dash's multiplayer when it's one of the weakest in the series!

but IMO Melee's multiplayer is superior to anything the MK series has ever offered!

b) yeah I do thanks!

c) ...ahhh what's the point!?

The MK series as a whole, in general, would indeed have a weaker multiplayer experience than Smash Bros. I agree with you there. But what I don't agree with is your opinions about the multiplayer of Double Dash!!. The entire game was brilliant in my opinion. And... my God... are you comparing it with Maro Kart 64?! I can't believe this, that's like, the worst Mario Kart game in the series IMO. The multiplayer in that game was bland and boring (except for Battle Mode, I actually had fun with that).

And... my God... are you comparing it with Maro Kart 64?! I can't believe this, that's like, the worst Mario Kart game in the series IMO. The multiplayer in that game was bland and boring.
Well the multiplayer arenas were way better than those in MK: DD!

I actually though the multiplayer in MK64 was pretty great!

But whatever, if that's your opinion!

Yeah but you're forgetting that you can play 4 player vs. which was where the mmultiplayer was at.

Anyway, I dont really care which one we get first but tbh I am still taking this as rumour cos the article on the front page didnt seem all that convincing.

Well the multiplayer arenas were way better than those in MK: DD!

I actually though the multiplayer in MK64 was pretty great!

But whatever, if that's your opinion!

Oh, my mistake, I see now that you were talking about the Battle Mode arenas. I was talking about the racing. I never played Battle Mode that much, so I can't really be the judge if whether MK64 of MKDD has a better Battle Mode experience, but IMO MKDD's multiplayer racing experience was far superior to MK64's.

but IMO MKDD's multiplayer racing experience was far superior to MK64's.
That it was!

Still doesn't beat Melee though! :heh:

That it was!

Still doesn't beat Melee though! :heh:

I dunno... many a good night of drinking MK was had over the past years. Also beginners find it a lot easier to get into MK wheras they tend to have less fun button mashing in SSB.

I'm with Jamba and mike-zim on this. Who care's which one we get first? Both games have great multiplayer.

Shockingly, I've never actually played Smash Bros, and I'm really looking forward to Mario Kart. It better be online though, lack of online would be shocking.

However, I don;t think they should release both this year. Such a packed schedule is just too much for gamers. Pace the big ones!

Speaking of Mario Kart being a more pick up and play game, I remember back in the N64 days when my Dad would play Mario Kart versus me and my sister. Only instead of holding the middle prong which it is blatantly obvious that your supposed to, he would hold his hand in a really awkward manner with his palm up near the L button and his thumb and index finger moving the analog stick. Meant he never could use his weapons. :smile:

I don't mind this actually... just means another massive app to look forward to in '08.

Mario Kart, Metroid Prime 3, SMG and Battalion Wars Wii will keep me happy until then!

I don't mind this actually... just means another massive app to look forward to in '08.

Mario Kart, Metroid Prime 3, SMG and Battalion Wars Wii will keep me happy until then!

No news on Battalion Wars making it this year in Europe so far though is there?

No news on Battalion Wars making it this year in Europe so far though is there?

Good point... hmmm... haha

actually I never thought of sonic beeing in mario kart.

Sonic has had it rough with the worst game of all time(that's sonic r)

Anyway for single player yes smash is better and that is a fact.

For multiplayer please don't hate me for preferring smash. I'm scared of some of you:)

I dunno... many a good night of drinking MK was had over the past years. Also beginners find it a lot easier to get into MK wheras they tend to have less fun button mashing in SSB.

Mario kart is for casuals; it doesn't have no depth, so I can agree with that.

SSB is for casuals & the hardcore. it's a 2d fighter, and most would pick a easy to play racing game over it.

Mario Kart > Super Smash Bros

Mario Kart 64 is one of the greatest multiplayer games ever made. If they pull it off on the Wii, I will be so happy.

You have never played Super Mario Kart then hobbzinio.

To me Super Mario Kart is ten times better than the Mk66 & MK:DD but I heard MK:DS comes close to SMK. I hope MK:Wii is like MK:DS version as well.

You have never played Super Mario Kart then hobbzinio.

To me Super Mario Kart is ten times better than the Mk66 & MK:DD but I heard MK:DS comes close to SMK. I hope MK:Wii is like MK:DS version as well.

Everything you said in that post is 100% correct.

Everything you said in that post is 100% correct.

It's actually about preference and opinion. That's the third time I've had to say that today.

It's actually about preference and opinion. That's the third time I've had to say that today.

You'll be saying that alot more on this forum believe me.....