NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hal_9Million

I don't think I care how pretty the games are anymore

After seeing the controller this morning, all I can think of doing is actually having a go. I couldn't give two shits what the game look like because this is going to be a whole new experience. It's not like when I got my Gamecube. When I got that, i knew it was going to play like an N64, so therefor graphics had a higher agenda. But this is so radically differen't I don't care it the graphics aren't as good as on Xbox 360 and PS3, it really doesn't matter. Obviously I'd like them to be at least noticabley different from the Gamecube's graphics, otherwise why can't I just get this controller as an add-on to that? So i'm really not bothered if the PS3 has more pixels on screen, or whether the Xbox 360 has more FLOPS per sec. It really doesn't matter. I have a pretty PC to give me all that crap, but all I have to give this controller is the Revolution. Is there anyone else who so strongly wants to play on this thing that they couldn't care if the games aren't as pretty?

Me either, I wouldn't care if it were GC graphics or worse, it just seems so good.

Its kinda like Wario Ware, you couldn't give a shit about the graphics because you're having so much damn fun.

Well, that's true. Graphics aren't top priority. But there's a good reason we don't get to see those tech demo's the press played. Because they are merely showing the controller's features and the demo's probably have rushed poor graphics. If the certain people saw that , they would scream OMG LOOK HOW BAD THE REV'S GRAPHICS ARE lol

Still, I can't wait to see some real game demo's !

Another thing, will we see someone play every new game now in the trailer? Or will they not show anyone playing?

Damn, this is gonna change everything in the gaming world

Graphics might not be a requisit for long time Nintendo fans, but to your average gamer graphics is very important in terms of first impressions. Mind you, people will happily play on GTA or other PS2 games which are pretty basic graphically by todays standards.

I've always said I'll get a nintendo console for the ninty goodness, and a sony for everything else-best of everything really!

graphics arnt everything, but i do feel they can give a game a hightened feel oof quality, i mean, imagine if oot was an ugly looking game, it would have ruined it a bit. dont get me wrong, graphics dont make a game good, but they certainly do help.

Graphics have and will always be a dividing issue for gamers. Some can play games on a NES and be content while others need to see the blood of their opponents corpse oozing over the detailed, textured gritty floor. It's the former for me, I stopped caring about the graphics after the GC was released. As far as i'm concerned, the purpose of a games' graphics is to make the game world believeable. Well Zelda OOT did that for me. So what if Link had square fists? Do you honestly notice or care when battling a huge dragon? I think we will reach a peak of what graphics can give us, Nintendo know this and I believe this is why they're looking into new gameplay ideas rather than beefing up the polygon count.

Good graphics (realistic or not) are neccecary for the atmosphere and immersion in a game.

For example Wind Waker wouldn't have sucked me into it's world as it did if it didn't look so striking.

Killer 7 wouldn't feel right with generic textures and character models.

Games can be like art as in evoking emotions just by looking at it.

Anyway...i'm rambling hehe - you get my point. ;) And i'm sure Revolution's games will look just great, the technology is being handled by ATI and IBM again - i'm assured.

Graphics have and will always be a dividing issue for gamers. Some can play games on a NES and be content while others need to see the blood of their opponents corpse oozing over the detailed, textured gritty floor. It's the former for me, I stopped caring about the graphics after the GC was released. As far as i'm concerned, the purpose of a games graphics is to make the game world believeable. Well Zelda OOT did that for me, so what if Link had square fists, do you honestly notice or care when battling a huge dragon? I think we will reach a peak of what graphics can give us, Nintendo know this and I believe this is why they're looking into new gameplay ideas rather than beefing up the polygon count.

You're so right. realism isn't about just looking the part, it's about acting the part. The best games in my opinion are the ones that let you interact the best. It's useless making the uber-realistically graphic driven FPS when they all control in exactly the same way, and they all have the same damb cliches like exploding barrels, and destroyable crates. Where's the realism in that. Is it written somewhere that every evil genious is dumb enough to leave valuable cargo and supplies, randomly lying around, in conveniently positioned locations, that allow intruders to effective kill your troops in one shot or climb up into an air vent. It's just boring! This controller is everything I want. It not only allows you to control certain genres diferently, it allows you to control each game in a genre differently. No more set guidline as to how to play a particular game. It's sheer brilliance.

The controller, for me, seems to be a way of giving the gamer complete freedom in the game world. Like you said it's all about how you interact with the game world. Now, the mouse and keyboard set-up for the PC was always more advanced than dual analogue sticks. Nintendo have taken that idea and stuck it in controller form. That's no bad thing and is the only logical way forward.

Sign in to follow this