N-Europe

Microsoft Zune

Ant-Shimmin

Guest Stefkov

Do you know where they give specifications on the Zune? I want to know what files it'll play, see if it's better than the Zen.

I just realised I've actually seen one before. On a coach going to Derby some guy I knew was watching Family guy on it. I was really squinting thinking, is that a Zune, he said it was. It looked nice.

..never mind, I've found out it doesnt play avi, which I want.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

Looks like just .wmv files.

What is with only having specific formats?!?

I really can't see why Creative hasn't sold loads, ha ing all those formats able to play.

its just a bit thicker. don't over exaggerate.

From a website

You want a bigger screen: Zune.

You need an all-you-can-eat subscription service: Zune.

You want a store with a larger music library: iPod.

You want a movie and TV store: iPod.

You want contacts, calendar, notes, stopwatch, and iPod Games: iPod.

You want to be different/want something new: Zune.

Xbox 360 owners who purchase music and want streaming: Zune.

Xbox 360 owners who purchase music and don't want streaming: iPod.

You want a scratch resistant player: Zune.

You want a built-in FM tuner: Zune.

You want a touch-sensitive scroll wheel: iPod.

Only reason i'm buying a zune is because its scratch resistent, there's a video on youtube somewhere of a guy usuing a key and pressing it quite ard across the zune screen and nothing happens, with the ipod it gets basically destroyed.

I didn't say i held one, i was commenting on the increase in the length.

The iphone has scratch resistant glass, and i imagine the next ipod will too-due between now and january lol

No specific proof that the next ipod would, but then what is to say the new zune wont have something even better to compare against the new upod.

hmm I wonder what the battery power is like, with the equiv models of course.

thats true. Umm, the Zune and the 30 GB ipod video, both have the same battery life.

Only reason I got a Zune was because of the scratch resistent thing, the screen and I just like the look of it slightly more than the ipod.

Do you know where they give specifications on the Zune? I want to know what files it'll play, see if it's better than the Zen.

I just realised I've actually seen one before. On a coach going to Derby some guy I knew was watching Family guy on it. I was really squinting thinking, is that a Zune, he said it was. It looked nice.

..never mind, I've found out it doesnt play avi, which I want.

Mine plays avi, divx, xvid, mp4 etc..:zzz:

Doesnt sound like an ipod, unless all those files had been converted.

Well you can just download Zune suite (freeware). It converts all your files for you into Zune friendly one's.

Yay, just ordered it, should be here on saturday.:)

EDIT: how bollocks was my spelling! I'll edit it now.

Gratz! Let us know how it turns out, maybe some piccies!

Will do, Hopefully it will be brillant, but knowing my luck this year it will either end up being as shit as lost (god forbid) or be broken.

I'll try and get pics up as soon as I get it.

I'm thinking of getting a nice brown Zune... it was either that or a Zen, but the only Zen I want is basically the same as the Zune but 60 quid more.

The only problem is that I'm on Mac... so I'd have to Boot Camp to put music on my Zune because they don't support Mac.

EDIT: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/zune-now-works-with-mac-os-x-and-linux-well-almost-217258.php

Well maybe it will eventually.

Guest Stefkov
I'm thinking of getting a nice brown Zune... it was either that or a Zen, but the only Zen I want is basically the same as the Zune but 60 quid more.

The only problem is that I'm on Mac... so I'd have to Boot Camp to put music on my Zune because they don't support Mac.

EDIT: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/zune-now-works-with-mac-os-x-and-linux-well-almost-217258.php

Well maybe it will eventually.

Zune = £138.99

Zen Vision M = £134.99

Uum.

I Really like the look of Zunes. I may be sounding annoying but please someone tell me if they play .avi, .rmvb, .ogm and whatever else.

It's mainly .avi I want to know.

It's shit.

It makes a fuck tonne of sense if you have a mac. And it's the best music player out there-bar the iPhone lol

Zune = £138.99

Zen Vision M = £134.99

Uum.

I Really like the look of Zunes. I may be sounding annoying but please someone tell me if they play .avi, .rmvb, .ogm and whatever else.

It's mainly .avi I want to know.

Is it really that hard for you to convert a few episodes to a different file format?

It makes a fuck tonne of sense if you have a mac. And it's the best music player out there-bar the iPhone lol

Is it really that hard for you to convert a few episodes to a different file format?

Its not the best mp3 player. It scratches constantly, it breaks just after warranty and the stupid itunes converting my mp3's. I'm not saying Zune is thet best either (I've not used it yet) but ipod most def isn't.

1. Maybe he wants a Zune instead?

2. A FEW episodes? That'll take ages.

Its not the best mp3 player. It scratches constantly, it breaks just after warranty and the stupid itunes converting my mp3's. I'm not saying Zune is thet best either (I've not used it yet) but ipod most def isn't.

My iTunes doesn't try to convert any of my mp3's. I don't know what you're trying to say here...

1. Maybe he wants a Zune instead?

2. A FEW episodes? That'll take ages.

It takes about 5 minutes to convert an episode of scrubs, from a dvd, to an iPod playable format...