NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Jekyll

Has anybody been watching this on BBC1?

I left the tv on after Doctor Who, and have been watching this, and I've found it to be pretty damn awesome! You've gotta love James Nesbitt. :D

I thought it was very good :)

I missed last weeks, but it wasnt too hard to figure out whats going on.

Wierd, I was about to make this thread too.

It's awesome! I missed this weeks though :(. Can anyone tell me what happened?

Oh god it is amazing. Nesbitt is such an awesome actor. The series has pretty much left me wanting more.

Crap forgot about it.

Though I could of sworn a thread was made already by Jordon,but I can't seem to find it.

Oh well...

We talked about it in meaningless, nothing more.

Apartly its a 6 parter, and so far its been fantastic.

Damn, I intended to watch both episode one and two of this and forgot both times... is it on youtube or something? *goes to check*

Edit: I can only find clips...

Damn I wanted to watch this but have been too busy watching the Glasto coverage all night! :(

Ooh, this sounds really good...can't believe I've missed some of it :(.

Anyone actually read the book?

Ooh, this sounds really good...can't believe I've missed some of it :(.

Anyone actually read the book?

Yes. It's a good read, sort of hard to get into because there really isn't much action. It ends quite well though, the last two chapters being two accounts explaining all the mysterious happenings in the story. It's not a horror book like a lot of people think it is, it's a mystery (the name is The Strange Case Of Dr Jekyll & My Hyde).

From what I've seen, it's nothing like the novel, but most stuff that uses the names Jekyll & Hyde are nothing like it as well.

I've been meaning to read the book, but have not gotten round to it.

I missed the first one, having set up the VCR to record it, but something seems to have buggered up, resulting in non recordage. I've been "out" tonight so have had Mummy record the second. We'll see how this goes.

Yes. It's a good read, sort of hard to get into because there really isn't much action. It ends quite well though, the last two chapters being two accounts explaining all the mysterious happenings in the story. It's not a horror book like a lot of people think it is, it's a mystery (the name is The Strange Case Of Dr Jekyll & My Hyde).

From what I've seen, it's nothing like the novel, but most stuff that uses the names Jekyll & Hyde are nothing like it as well.

The unforunate downside to the story is that everyone already knows that Jekyll is Hyde before they read it...so it kinda ruins the mystery. Great read though. I can't imagine how they'd do some of the scenes with Hyde, they were really quite brutal.

The unforunate downside to the story is that everyone already knows that Jekyll is Hyde before they read it...so it kinda ruins the mystery. Great read though. I can't imagine how they'd do some of the scenes with Hyde, they were really quite brutal.

I think this is only "inspired" by the book, and it's set in the present day I believe, so the only similarity is the whole Jekyll/Hyde split personality thing.

Just watched the second. I forgot how do to spoiler tags [on account of never using them] so could someone break it down for me before I mention something.

Spoiler tags work like this:

[spoiler*=insert subject here]Insert spoiler here[/*SPOILER]

Without the stars.

I caught it from the bit where he was in the lion's den when I came home from work, looked a bit pants at first, but then it grew on me and now I want to see the next one to find out what's going on and who that mysterious woman was!

I caught it from the bit where he was in the lion's den when I came home from work, looked a bit pants at first, but then it grew on me and now I want to see the next one to find out what's going on and who that mysterious woman was!

It's apparently Jekylls mummy, who you know has the power as well.

I think that's why she danced around the issue of his dad, saying the Hyde side killed him in a sense, as if she did.

im gonna assume people have watched the second one, first off you can clearly see its not split personality disorder etc, and the speeches made in the episodes about control are brilliant (when they were in the lion den and the man starts trying to control him). That woman...she said hyde had no children and thus its a tad impossible that hyde exists today. However, recapping to the first jekyll and hyde movie (based on the book i believe), hyde raped a woman and did it with a number of prostitutes so its possible that a child did exist, i can't wait for this been looking forward to it all week!

That was such a good episode. I'm falling in love with James Nesbitt more and more.

Next week looks like a corker. :D

aye twas awesome, only bit i didn't like was the howling at the moon bit, kept you in suspense about who died however ;]

I didn't think this one was as good as the others. I can't remember the exact bits in question, but they were drawn out and I found myself checking my watch on a few occasions.

Sign in to follow this