N-Europe

Name That Game

Patch

Both correct. Don't see you on here in the evenings much - haven't you got a Zelda game to finish? ;)

Scores

Zechs Merquise: 31

theguyfromspark: 23

Hellfire: 13

darksnowman: 13

steggy: 11

Coolness Bears: 10

Happenstance: 9

/nando/: 9

Patch: 9

4q2: 8

peterl0: 8

immy: 7

Jonnas: 7

EchoDesiato: 7

Shino: 7

Mcj Metroid: 7

Tales: 6

Gentleben: 6

The Villan: 6

Jamba: 5

welsh_gamer: 5

Deathborn: 5

Brass_Monkey: 4

YanRuo: 2

Ollie: 2

Zell: 2

Tetzcatilipoca: 2

thirtynine: 2

rapunzel: 2

Mundi: 1

Petey_Piranah: 1

Daft: 1

Emasher: 1

tapedeck: 1

Sheikah: 1

Oditri: 1

Original images:

[ATTACH]1570[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1571[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1572[/ATTACH]

These have already been guessed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. At this rate, lasting more than 5 minutes would be great...

Also, do you know if there are any pics of that 5-up from Mario Bros. 3 knocking about from the Mario Allstars version?

Sorry about being in so quick... but if it wasn't me it'd be someone else. And I missed Secret of Mana even though it was on the tip of my tongue.

Also, do you know if there are any pics of that 5-up from Mario Bros. 3 knocking about from the Mario Allstars version?

Just had a quick look and couldn't find any. Why do you ask?

I was only messing. I'm glad this thread still has its avid followers. ;)

Man, I should come to this thread more often.

I knew Super Mario Bros. 3, Castlevania 4 and Secret of mana.

And now I don't know the third image...

Maybe an adventure game? Monkey Island or something?

Oh, and a cropped pic of my own.

[ATTACH]1583[/ATTACH]

It's a rather unknown game. I don't know how many of you know of it's existance.

DARKSNOWMAN:

Kinda off-topic. but have to say. I adore the DKC games and I instantly knew them all. But even by those crops it's so apparent how much difference in direction the three games took. DKC looks amazing still. But with their more cartoony styles - 2 and 3 (to me) just don't have that same grab as DKC1 did. Maybe it's just me and kinda off topic I know. Just always bugged me lol. Look how good those snowy trees are though :)

Tapedeck, so true about the snowy trees - Gorilla Glacier is a highlight of the series! I was actually thinking about the three games about a week ago and how they progressed, seeing as this is the wrong thread I'll keep it short and say that I think they did good overall. Each game expanded on the last and added/ refined the DKC formula. Graphically, it went from the grainier jungle based DK Isle of DKC, to the darker Kremling homeworld in DKC 2 and back to the colourful Northern Kremisphere for DKC 3.

And McJ Metroid, I see what you're getting at with the DKC 2 love. From what I've read over the years coupled with the opinions of people I know point to it being the most preferred of the three. For me its DKC 3, I really enjoyed it at the time. I'm playing DKC 2 at the mo on the VC and I'm appreciating it alot more than I ever did, so for it to be most peoples favourite seems justified to me, finally.

(And for some on topicness) whats with Jonnas not only posting a pic of a difficult game... but cropping it too?! Thats pretty cruel.

(And for some on topicness) whats with Jonnas not only posting a pic of a difficult game... but cropping it too?! Thats pretty cruel.

Sorry, but if I posted the whole picture, some of you could recognize the main character and it would turn into an easy-to-guess screenshot.

There, I said a clue. The main character is not as unknown as you might think.

Plus, I showed a part of the screen that can be familiar for those who played the game.

If nobody guesses in the next few hours, I'll expand it a little bit.

Also, Patch's 3rd pic has not been guessed yet.

EDIT: So I expanded it more than just a little bit:

[ATTACH]1592[/ATTACH]

Here you go.

One more clue:

this game is from the 16-Bit era.

I'll post another clue later.

EDIT: Come on. No guesses?

The main character did not originate in a videogame. But its origins are not on film or TV, either (although he got his own cartoon series eventually).

The main character actually originated in a comic book.