NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Babooo

What the hell am I meant to do this summer?

People. I am nearing depression. Friends are going on holiday and I am not.

I need money, desperately. I don't know what the hell I'm gonna be doing throughout the whole of summer. I go back to college on the 10th September so that is 11 WEEKS!!!! Bloody hell, thats a hell of a long time to do nothing in.

I have been looking for a job for the past 2 weeks, shops either don't have any vacancies or they want experience. How the hell am I meant to get any experience if no one is willing to take me on?? I've even looked at the likes of mcdonalds, I don't care where or who I work for, as long as they pay minimum wage!

This is gonna be a long summer for me....anyone else in the same boat? Any suggestions etc?

:zzz:

Homer: "Don't worry, boy. When you get a job like me, you'll miss every summer"

Enjoy the nothingness while you can!

Meh...my summer is the same. Can't find a job, live in the middle of nowhere, girlfriend lives in Wirall, and most my friends are not away, but they just can't afford to do anything! I asked a friend last week if he fancied seeing a film on Orange Wednesday's at Cineworld, which would of cost him £2.40ish, and he was like "sorry, can't afford it" WTF!!

I might end up offering my services for free to a chairty shop for the experience, go to the gym, or pick up on a new hobby i.e learn to play guitar or piano better. But at the moment, I am just going to enjoy rewatching some classic films, playing more games and read more books :)

Hopefully this one won't be as depressing as the pre 6th form summer...that was just so awful for me...

Masturbuate

In all seriouness though, "Frankie Says Relax" take a chill pill, and relax the 11 weeks away...

get a job / get in shape!

EDIT: If you dont mind working for minumim wage find a job agency that does factory work etc (use phone book to find them and ring them up to ask before going to their offices).. its boring as hell and crap pay but you can get a job very easily this way whilst you try and find a better one.

I've also been having trouble finding a job. I've had to resort painting my house.

However I did get a call from a place I applied to who want me to come in "for a chat". Sounds promising.

I'm the kinda guy who really does need to something, keep myself busy ya know?? I just can't do nothing for the next 11 weeks.

As the job hunting is getting nowhere, I'm thinking about looking for some work experience. Second best thing to getting a proper job I guess.

Cheers for the reply jimmy3000. Might go see an agency if I still can't find anything by next week.

I just found out the muppets I've supposedly been waiting for work from have only just got round to looking for a reference. What a pack of tools.

In other news: I have no money, but all my friends are around. Hooray.

I finished Uni for the summer three weeks ago, and have been doing fuck all tbh. I chilled for the first week back at home, then started applying for some jobs the week after.........as I've got no money and my parents really can't afford for me to be sponging off them for 4 months.

After giving up kinda on looking for jobs, I got an unexpected call from Sega this morning, and I have a job interview on the 30th. Well pleased.

Other than that I've been playing Pro Evo a lot with a mate nearly every night of the week, and also playing some football when the weathers good in the evenings. Daytime has mostly been internetting and everynow and then doing some 3d work. hmmmm

Lack of money currently, and my hometown being shit for nights out has calmed down my drinking habits which I've got used to after the last yr at Uni.

Have a look in the yellow pages for temping agencies, they'll always have something going on, and some will even try to find work along your lines of interest (even if it is cleaning up roadkill after you tell them you like working with animals).

oh man I'm sooo bored. I NEED a job, but its practically impossible.

This summer is gonna be so long for me.

Masturbuate

In all seriouness though, "Frankie Says Relax" take a chill pill, and relax the 11 weeks away...

all summer? YOU ANIMAL!

Learn to skateboard.

Quoted for truth.

If you have nothing to do any of you, i'm in Portugal for 2 weeks of it, my house is free ;]

Have a look in the yellow pages for temping agencies, they'll always have something going on, and some will even try to find work along your lines of interest (even if it is cleaning up roadkill after you tell them you like working with animals).

signing up with a temping agency is a good idea :)

Sign in to follow this