NEurope
Daft

Mass Effect (2)

logo.jpg

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

Mass Effect, is an action role-playing game under development by BioWare exclusively for the Xbox 360, which will be the first installment of a planned trilogy. The game takes place in the year 2183, with the player assuming the role of an elite human soldier named Commander Shepard. The story revolves around an ancient alien prophecy stating that, every fifty thousand years, an alien race comes to the galaxy to harvest all organic life, and the time of their return is approaching. As the first human Spectre – sworn defenders of galactic peace – Shepard's mission is to halt the advancing armies of a legendary agent gone rogue. Shepard will lead an elite team across hostile alien worlds and discover that the true threat is far greater than anyone imagined.

426px-Masseffect.jpg

Here are some recently released screen shots and it looks nothing short of stunning!

1181871344.jpg

1181871413.jpg

1181871416.jpg

1181871414.jpg

1176125234.jpg

I didn't see a Mass Effect thread so I thought I would start one and put in general updates. I've started reading the prequal book, not what I usually read but I heard good things and so far I've found its written in a really cheesey style but its entertaining nontheless!

Even though there isn't an official release date it can't be too far off!

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74806

I was a huge fan of KOTOR and if this is anywhere near as good, I am a happy man!!

Yep, I'll be getting this... first I need a 360 though! Ha ha

I wasnt the biggest fan of KOTOR, just couldnt get into, guess I love JRPGs too much. I am curious about Mass Effect though, I havent seen any videos since last years E3 I think but no doubt I will get drawn into the hype and end up buying it. Does look lovely though :bowdown:

This could go either way for me. I enjoyed KOTOR to a point but it didn't grab me too much for some reason. Looks pretty though, I just hope it doesn't take itself too seriously and is actually fun to play.

New Mass Effect info today! New Spieces - The Krogan

The krogan are a species of large reptilian bipeds native to the planet Tuchanka, a world known for its harsh environments, scarce resources, and overabundance of vicious predators. The krogan managed to not only survive on their unforgiving homeworld, but actually thrived in the extreme conditions. Unfortunately, as krogan society became more technologically advanced so did their weaponry.

Four thousand years ago, at the dawn of the krogan nuclear age, battles to claim the small pockets of territory capable of sustaining life escalated into full scale global war. Weapons of mass destruction were unleashed, transforming Tuchanka into a radioactive wasteland.

1181930609.jpg

1181930608.jpg

1181930607.jpg

Sounds good!

Let's hope my 360 survives this summer..

KOTOR was excellent much better than Oblivion although I found the battle system a bit weird.

Haven't heard much about this game. But even my friend who hates RPG's and anything like an RPG he hates. But he seems really excited about this game. So great chance of getting this game! Release date anybody?

Let's hope my 360 survives this summer..

KOTOR was excellent much better than Oblivion although I found the battle system a bit weird.

How can you compare KOTOR to Oblivion?

Oblivion is the best game on the 360 imo which i am quite surprised with.

Bioware are one of my favourite game devs. Having made the only 2 RPGS I have been able to play all the way through without being bored to tears (Baldurs Gate and KOTOR). Oblivion will be the 3rd when I start playing it again I am sure. As such I cant wait for this.

Bioware are one of my favourite game devs. Having made the only 2 RPGS I have been able to play all the way through without being bored to tears (Baldurs Gate and KOTOR). Oblivion will be the 3rd when I start playing it again I am sure. As such I cant wait for this.

Can you actually finish Oblivion? lol

How can you compare KOTOR to Oblivion?

Oblivion is the best game on the 360 imo which i am quite surprised with.

It's not that oblivion is crap but what Bioware managed with KOTOR was amazing. It felt like a living, breathing Star Wars universe with a great storyline and good characters.

With Oblivion the NPC's feel like a bunch of Robots :laughing: The Main Storyline is a bit poor and there are no meaningful characters in this game.

Can you actually finish Oblivion? lol

Thats not necessarily a good thing. The ending to KOTOR was awesome!

I know BioWare didn't make it but what did everyone think of KOTOR 2??

I thought the beginning was awful, really slow, but then it got a lot better. The first is way better imo.

Yeah I hated the ship in KOTOR II it took so long I felt like giving up but after that it got so much better.

Here is some new blurb from BioWare...basically just an excuse for me to post more screenshots! :heh:

Urdnot Wrex is one of the last krogan Battle Masters: rare individuals that combine powerful biotic abilities with the devastating firepower of advanced weaponry. Born into clan Urdnot, he quickly gained fame for his prowess in battle. He became a leader of one of the smaller Urdnot tribes while still a youth: the youngest krogan to be granted the honor in 1000 years… until he was betrayed by his own people.

The betrayal opened Wrex’s eyes to the truth about the krogan: most would rather die in battle than try to rebuild their society through peaceful means. Realizing the warrior culture that once valued courage, strength and honor had been reduced to glorifying pointless violence Wrex turned his back on the rest of the krogan.

Over the past three centuries he has served no master but himself, working as a bodyguard, mercenary, soldier of fortune and bounty hunter; there is little in the galaxy that can still surprise him. He doesn’t speak often, but when he does his words are direct and often shockingly blunt - and people tend to listen.

1183139222.jpg

And because the game looks so good, here are more pics...Its nice to see a realistic looking game that isn't brown and over run by the bloom effect.

1183139225.jpg

1183139224.jpg

1183139223.jpg

Does this game look good or what!

It does look amazing, coming on HL2 amazing. I think the gameplay is a bit MYST/Gears of War/Guild Wars (WoW) with the interactive talking and puzzles for MYST, the Camera and fighting style for Gears and the customability for WoW. I think Im looking forward to this more than Halo 3 or Half Life dare I say it

Rumour has it that Rob/caboose/Chuck isnt allowed this game due to it being too violent, his mum has put her foot down!

Rumour has it that Rob/caboose/Chuck isnt allowed this game due to it being too violent, his mum has put her foot down!

YOU DONT SLEEP. We finished @ 3, and your posting at 9am!

dunno about this really

i thought KOTOR was alright is this essentially simular to that?

havent heard much bout this game all ive seen is screenshots and been told its a rpg

I know its a bit late but I'm on holiday! I saw there wasn't an update so here it is. Looks sexy, nuff said!

1184139787.jpg

1184139786.jpg

Mass-Effect

1184139688.jpg

1184139687.jpg

1184139685.jpg

Does anyone know when this is coming out? In E3 I heard October, but that might be for America, and Play.com says December!

I can't wait that long!

Does anyone know when this is coming out? In E3 I heard October, but that might be for America, and Play.com says December!

I can't wait that long!

They said November as far as I know in America.

This is my No. 1 anticipated game for the 360 by a long way. I currently spend my days playing the extended trailer over and over again while foaming at the mouth.

I watched a trailer of this today and it looks amazing... so amazing it's another title that has swayed me to buy a Xbox 360.