NEurope
Retro_Link

Soul Calibur IV

I must say flameboy, I'm impressed (still need to face you on this ;))

Well, now I've played both versions online, I must say that I actually prefer playing it on the PS3 in comparison to the 360. There is a delayed reaction in both which is bad enough but it makes a huge difference in a fighting game if one is a shade quicker, and I found that the PS3 version is. I'm not sure if that was just for me though. I think my record on the two versions speak for themselves too.

Oh, and there is nothing better than beating a level 31 American and hearing him bitch and moan :heh: (whilst your still level 1)

Just played some of the arcade mode. Glad I got this, it still feels like the same great Soul Calibur game from before.

OMG £5 to the first person to make a green lanturn SC IV char :P

I'll give it a go...so far I made Ken from Streetfighter, all of the TMNT..., sub zero, scorpion, altair

I must say flameboy, I'm impressed (still need to face you on this ;))

Well, now I've played both versions online, I must say that I actually prefer playing it on the PS3 in comparison to the 360. There is a delayed reaction in both which is bad enough but it makes a huge difference in a fighting game if one is a shade quicker, and I found that the PS3 version is. I'm not sure if that was just for me though. I think my record on the two versions speak for themselves too.

Oh, and there is nothing better than beating a level 31 American and hearing him bitch and moan :heh: (whilst your still level 1)

Well we have played each other now...I won 1 and lost 4 was it?

I've had the same thing when I beat a level 18 he sent me a ton of messages on PSN...I just ignored him he soon got bored...

Can some tell me how to tag out on the tower, if you can? It's driving me fucking barmy. The manual is fucking useless. Why even make one if it says shit all in it.

Its RB on the 360, i'd assume its R1 on the PS3.

Cheers, I'd reassigned R1 to do the second throw.

Well had a really good afternoon on SCIV today. Got my win percentage up to 44% which I am really happy about as it was as low as 13 this morning...I only lost two ranked matches, one to a level 33 and one to a spamming little $*!#. Anyway I have taken to using custom characters I have created as I like to show them off...which is what I am going to do now. With some characters I have tried to stay faithful to their original looks. But with others I have built them up to fit in with the soul calibur setting...take Sub Zero and Scorpion, I made them and thought they looked darn boring so had to redo them to make them armoured whilst still trying to keep faithful to their designs...please remember all characters are work in progress and would very much appreciate any feedback and input...

SCORPION

image-upload-19-797998.jpg

JASON- FRIDAY 13TH

image-upload-22-776598.jpg

HULK

image-upload-17-774755.jpg

KEN

image-upload-20-749740.jpg

HE MAN

image-upload-21-727778.jpg

image-upload-23-731352.jpg

image-upload-25-710186.jpg

SUB ZERO VS SCORPION

image-upload-21-789682.jpg

SUPERMAN VS HULK

image-upload-29-749311.jpg

My plan is to make sets of characters...next on the mortal kombat front is Raiden. Then I plan on doing Shredder to complete my Turtles collection, finally I have started the ball rolling with creating a LOTR set of characters...

I don't know whats got in me the last time I got into a character creator was WWF Warzone on the N64!

Well had a really good afternoon on SCIV today. Got my win percentage up to 44% which I am really happy about as it was as low as 13 this morning...I only lost two ranked matches, one to a level 33 and one to a spamming little $*!#. Anyway I have taken to using custom characters I have created as I like to show them off...which is what I am going to do now. With some characters I have tried to stay faithful to their original looks. But with others I have built them up to fit in with the soul calibur setting...take Sub Zero and Scorpion, I made them and thought they looked darn boring so had to redo them to make them armoured whilst still trying to keep faithful to their designs...please remember all characters are work in progress and would very much appreciate any feedback and input...

SCORPION

image-upload-19-797998.jpg

JASON- FRIDAY 13TH

image-upload-22-776598.jpg

HULK

image-upload-17-774755.jpg

KEN

image-upload-20-749740.jpg

HE MAN

image-upload-21-727778.jpg

image-upload-23-731352.jpg

image-upload-25-710186.jpg

SUB ZERO VS SCORPION

image-upload-21-789682.jpg

SUPERMAN VS HULK

image-upload-29-749311.jpg

My plan is to make sets of characters...next on the mortal kombat front is Raiden. Then I plan on doing Shredder to complete my Turtles collection, finally I have started the ball rolling with creating a LOTR set of characters...

I don't know whats got in me the last time I got into a character creator was WWF Warzone on the N64!

Nice going! Some of those are really good :D

With all the Batman talk at the moment i decided i had to do Robin. Will post pics later, it's not perfect but not a bad likeness.

Have all of the other Soul Caliburs had rumble? Seems weird that this doesn't support it.

Have all of the other Soul Caliburs had rumble? Seems weird that this doesn't support it.

I'm pretty sure the DC one did.

I thought it was only on PS3? is on 360 as well?

Well we have played each other now...I won 1 and lost 4 was it?

I've had the same thing when I beat a level 18 he sent me a ton of messages on PSN...I just ignored him he soon got bored...

Your mistaking me for someone else! I still haven't played you yet, but if your up for it, we can play tomorrow? My Xianghua is itching to go!

Oh, and again, huge props for your created characters :bowdown:, Ken really caught my eye (well so did the others too).

I haven't even tried to create a character, is this one far better than no.3? From what you can get out of the character models, it definitely looks so in the looks department, but what about fighting styles and techniques?

Your mistaking me for someone else! I still haven't played you yet, but if your up for it, we can play tomorrow? My Xianghua is itching to go!

Oh, and again, huge props for your created characters :bowdown:, Ken really caught my eye (well so did the others too).

I haven't even tried to create a character, is this one far better than no.3? From what you can get out of the character models, it definitely looks so in the looks department, but what about fighting styles and techniques?

I meant Daft! lol! Cheers for your praise...Yeah I love the Ken one...simple yet effective! going to do Ryu as well...will be simple enough swap! Love He Man as well...

The character creator is great...if I had one black spot against it to be made is the lack of customising with the faces, I noticed this mostly when doing the turtles there was a lack of a big nose option!

I had a great idea for a character to do in bed last night, cannot for life of me remember who it was now though dammit!

I meant Daft! lol! Cheers for your praise...Yeah I love the Ken one...simple yet effective! going to do Ryu as well...will be simple enough swap! Love He Man as well...

lol! I was a bit surprised reading that someone else had beaten you like that, I think it was :wink: 5-1 (Although that's probably wishful thinking :p ). You're awesome to fight against. I actually had to work for my victory which doesn't happen often. Pushed me right to the wire...so much so, I had to get a cheeky ring-out as well. :heh:

You had some great characters. I liked Ken. You kept bloody getting me with Taki's spinny leg thing at the start of the round. :D

And Raiden rocked. I tried to make him but buggered it up. Shame you can't send characters.

lol! I was a bit surprised reading that someone else had beaten you like that, I think it was :wink: 5-1 (Although that's probably wishful thinking :p ). You're awesome to fight against. I actually had to work for my victory which doesn't happen often. Pushed me right to the wire...so much so, I had to get a cheeky ring-out as well. :heh:

You had some great characters. I liked Ken. You kept bloody getting me with Taki's spinny leg thing at the start of the round. :D

And Raiden rocked. I tried to make him but buggered it up. Shame you can't send characters.

I know I definitly think it is a feature that needs adding...

This morning I have made Ryu, Zack from FFVII; Crisis Core and my interpretation of Aragon from LOTR. Photos to come...

EDIT;

Also one other thing...its a shame you can't use the apprentice as a template...would love to make a Darth Maul and some other characters...perhaps we could see other star wars characters as DLC and thats why they have not allowed it.

My PSN ID is SuperSalvia . Would love to be completely owned by a few of you just to test out the online mode, as I never seem to be able to join a game, so please feel free to add me!

EDIT;

Also one other thing...its a shame you can't use the apprentice as a template...would love to make a Darth Maul and some other characters...perhaps we could see other star wars characters as DLC and thats why they have not allowed it.

I'd love to see a Star Wars character pack.

Failing that, I just want Darth Maul.

My PSN ID is SuperSalvia . Would love to be completely owned by a few of you just to test out the online mode, as I never seem to be able to join a game, so please feel free to add me!

I'll add you mate and try and give ya a game soon...

Best bet to find a match is to create session and just sit and wait for someone to show up!

By the way how does a 4 player game work? do you tag in and out or something or just take it in turns playing each other? Noticed that the option was there under player match...anyone on PS3 up for trying it sometime?

I thought it was only on PS3? is on 360 as well?

Yeah, I Googled it and only found stuff about the PS3 one having no rumble but there's no option in the 360 one either. Seems a bit weird. Would have been so hard to add to either version?

Yeah, I Googled it and only found stuff about the PS3 one having no rumble but there's no option in the 360 one either. Seems a bit weird. Would have been so hard to add to either version?

I'm surprised at that...its understandable to an extent for PS3 as DualShock 3's are largely still new...still doesn't excuse it but can be understood...but as for 360 crazy...

Why is the apprentice such a dick?! Or am i just really shit? All i wanna do is unlock the fucker gah!

Why is the apprentice such a dick?! Or am i just really shit? All i wanna do is unlock the fucker gah!

Nah, its not you Karl, he's just very annoying to fight.

Nah, its not you Karl, he's just very annoying to fight.

And bloody fast! Doesn't help that Darth only has a couple of quick moves. Grrrr, i'm giving up for the night!

And bloody fast! Doesn't help that Darth only has a couple of quick moves. Grrrr, i'm giving up for the night!

Its not that bad with Yoda as the little dude is fast as hell and hard to hit.