Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football's coming home! It's coming home! It's coming home!

ITS COME! Oh, how Saturdays have finally returned!

Was pleased to see Sunderland win today. Seriously, they're going to get a fuck load of support this year, purely because Roy Keane is manager there. They will automatically become the majority of Man United fan's second team.

liverpool scored, og by larson, how lucky can you get?

edit, liverpool are actually more interesting than they have been for past 6 years, nice football, a different style slightly

i take that back, that was only a 5 min spell.

shambolic waste of chances, gerrard guilty of both.

Fantastic following.

Depends, their ground was three quarters empty for much of the last two seasons, in spite of giving away tickets from free (Leading to people to muse that "FTM" no longer stood for "Fuck The Mags" but for "Free Ticket Mackems"

Depends, their ground was three quarters empty for much of the last two seasons, in spite of giving away tickets from free (Leading to people to muse that "FTM" no longer stood for "Fuck The Mags" but for "Free Ticket Mackems"

Regardless of that though, i dont think you can say its ever been a ghost town. Sunderland have excellent supporters, considering how up and down we have been over the past few years. Dont think you can deny we have a good set of fans, no matte how much you hate us! :heh: :awesome:

Well if that was last season it would of been 1-1...

Impressed with the way we srarted the game, lively first to most of the balls and a real hunger for goal.

Torres Looked good, Sharp on the turn. Kuyt looked as impressive as ever, granted we spurned a few chanes but I think the win was fully deserved...

Villa never posed a threat in the final third, Deffo Penalty but we kept going and Gerrard showed his class once more.

Thing is it was always going to be a tough game 3 Points is a good return from last season and it was a performance and result which will bleed confidence into the side.

We appear to have a new resolve about us. I don't think we'll win it or be the front runners at any point, but hopefully it wont be over by October, on this resilient performance I believe we have every confidence to be involved in the race for many a month.

Roll On Chelsea...

Pros Player Hunger impressive as ever, Torres looked good, Kuyt's work rate was impressive, Babel looked amazing when he came on...

Cons Riise and Pennant aren't the answer on the wings (Kewell was injured), Alonso was pretty sloppy, failure to convert SOME chances..

Overall I am impressed and satisfied, Fully Deserved Victory IMO...

Lol at all this Carragher criticism, worst thing he has done in over 3 years of Football and look at you lot..

Pathetic...:)

Fulham are a family club, they have never been known for having a large portion of die hard fans. And wtf are you going on about? Stadium Of Light has 41 thousand sunderland fans.

49,000 Capacity is the stadium of light..

Anyway Sunderland looked impressive, Keano is still a **** mind....

Agreed, Sunderland do look impressive. Keano is an excellent manager me thinks...looks pretty good in a suit as well lol.

So glad the premiership is back.....its like a hole in my heart has been filled!!! Haha......the mighty Gooners are playing tomorrow!!!!!

I'm not sure how many people are fazed by our loss. We're still confident of having a good season. We never do to well against the top four, last season we only got 4 points from 24. (2 from Chelsea, 1 from Arsenal & Liverpool)

Villa lost, Albion lost, Wolves lost...

Come on Chelsea!!

I'm not sure how many people are fazed by our loss. We're still confident of having a good season. We never do to well against the top four, last season we only got 4 points from 24. (2 from Chelsea, 1 from Arsenal & Liverpool)

Villa lost, Albion lost, Wolves lost...

Come on Chelsea!!

Villa in my eyes where just lacking in the final third, it was very erratic movement without much thinking....

Gabby looked impressive and almost ripped our defence with his pace, Carew was not getting picked out much but his presence was causing abit of a problem.

Overall I think it was 50/50 in terms of Our Defence being solid and Villa being wasteful, for the first 20-30 Minutes no one could string a few passes together...

It's still early season yet but the win could mean more to us in the long run than Villa. We snatched victory from the claws of what would of been a fustrating draw with us missing chance after chance.

If that was last season we would of probably gone on to lose but their is deffo a new resolve about us.

That type of victory bleeds confidence into any side and especially with their being a bigger expectation this season for Liverpool the win will keep the fans and media happy, this was deffinatly a test for Liverpool and despite a few issues it's one Liverpool passed quite comfortably.

I know I said it once before but I tell you something Babel is deffo one to watch this season, Hopefully he will start on left Wing v Chelsea with Gerrard and Mascherano in the centre and Pennant on the right.

Torres still need's time but it will come in the games he plays, Hopefully Rafa sticks with him....

Villa in my eyes where just lacking in the final third, it was very erratic movement without much thinking....

Gabby looked impressive and almost ripped our defence with his pace, Carew was not getting picked out much but his presence was causing abit of a problem.

Overall I think it was 50/50 in terms of Our Defence being solid and Villa being wasteful, for the first 20-30 Minutes no one could string a few passes together...

It's still early season yet but the win could mean more to us in the long run than Villa. We snatched victory from the claws of what would of been a fustrating draw with us missing chance after chance.

If that was last season we would of probably gone on to lose but their is deffo a new resolve about us.

That type of victory bleeds confidence into any side and especially with their being a bigger expectation this season for Liverpool the win will keep the fans and media happy, this was deffinatly a test for Liverpool and despite a few issues it's one Liverpool passed quite comfortably.

I know I said it once before but I tell you something Babel is deffo one to watch this season, Hopefully he will start on left Wing v Chelsea with Gerrard and Mascherano in the centre and Pennant on the right.

Torres still need's time but it will come in the games he plays, Hopefully Rafa sticks with him....

I'm going to have to watch MOTD. I don't have Setanta.

Heh, that'll be weird, not waiting until the end to see the Villa match. :o

Your Football Clubs Forums are your friend :P

I hate it when it's like that staying up till the early hours for a 2 minute segment...Hence the reason I find the goals on Liverpool Forums

Crap it is....