Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-season is fucking dull isn't it? The players aren't interested one bit.

I think the likes of Voronin, Pennant, Sissoko, Kuyt have looked half arsed...

We need this LB situation sorted Heinze or No Heinze..., Riise is just so vunerable sometimes, he isn't a defender and when people get on his left side he is so negative...Poor....

FUCK SHIT PISS

GERRARDS DOWN...

HOLY MOTHER OF CHRIST HE'S ALRIGHT

Pre-season is fucking dull isn't it? The players aren't interested one bit.

I dunno sometimes they are. I mean Pompey in the Asian Trophy thing (which they won woot!) put in two committed performances and really looked up for it...and interested. Been a few other games I've watched so far that teams have looked motivated Arsenal for one.

Just a few other ramblings and observations on stuff this week;

- I can't help but laugh what is happening at Man City, Sven signing mostly unknown players (have heard of Bojinov, Bianchi, Petrov and Erano) without even seeing them properly. I'm sorry but any well edited video can make any player look like a world beater for example edit a video of Lua Lua's best moments down the years and he rivals Ronaldino when in reality he is sadly no where near....

- Sounds like C.Shield was a pretty good game, was at work so gonna watch it later....

- Got a letter from Virgin Media saying the cost of Sky Sports was set to go up by £1.50 a month but that I now get 6 Setanta Sports channels for free, pretty good news!

Anyway the reason I came on here is to ask realistically how do people feel about their teams prospects this season?

For me and my beloved Pompey I think we missed a massive oppourtunity last season to get into europe...this season I think we will be there or there about again. Largely due to our excellent home form, if only we could build on our away form. Think our defence will once again be one of the best and most solid in the league, distin can only help this and muntari's energy and physical presence can only help. Think in Nugent we may finally have a striker who can get some goals for us and Lua Lua has looked hot in pre-season hopefully he can put his personal problems behind him (his baby son died of pnemonia) and have a great season...

Liverpool are playing exactly the same as last year. doesnt look like anything has changed.

seriously struggling to create genuine chances!

Its just like last year.. Boring, lack of imagination and ideas, too many long balls... Rafa is too cautious, you cannot win the league playing this way.

Watching Arsenal youngsters is more enjoyable.

My Opinion on Liverpool's Prospects...

The simple fact is we are going to be dealing with this season in 3 phases, beginning, middle and end...

We have had the Middle and End sussed the past few years, the beggining has been our undoing the past 3 seasons and it has a bad affect on the outcome of our season.

Rafa has changed what he did last season, training is less physical as the players have said. We have brought in players who will hopefully add that extra spark, Torres, Babel being the most notable with Voronin coming in as well and looking a prospect.

Simple fact is we need to hit the ground running, Torres needs to bag a few and we need to have some spark in our Football...

The first Home Game v Chelsea will hopefully be in our advantage and help us get one over them, but 1 or 2 games don't matter it's all 38.

I do believe we are 2 more players away from a full strength side to win the league, but let's wait and see.

I won't make a prediction for us regarding the league because it simply depends on the first few months, we have the squad to make a good start, but we have had that squad for a few years now and we have went to places where we should be winning and lost. Goodison and Ewood for Example.

One game at a time for Liverpool is how I see it

Btw Gerrard 1-1 :p

Liverpool are playing exactly the same as last year. doesnt look like anything has changed.

seriously struggling to create genuine chances!

Its just like last year.. Boring, lack of imagination and ideas, too many long balls... Rafa is too cautious, you cannot win the league playing this way.

Watching Arsenal youngsters is more enjoyable.

It's Pre Season...

'Nuff Said

Guest Stefkov
Wtf! Was Riise doing..10 Yards away from the other defenders....

Bah....Voronin looks good once again...

You know the Ukrainians will conquer.

:wink:

I dunno sometimes they are. I mean Pompey in the Asian Trophy thing (which they won woot!) put in two committed performances and really looked up for it...and interested. Been a few other games I've watched so far that teams have looked motivated Arsenal for one.

Just a few other ramblings and observations on stuff this week;

- I can't help but laugh what is happening at Man City, Sven signing mostly unknown players (have heard of Bojinov, Bianchi, Petrov and Erano) without even seeing them properly. I'm sorry but any well edited video can make any player look like a world beater for example edit a video of Lua Lua's best moments down the years and he rivals Ronaldino when in reality he is sadly no where near....

- Sounds like C.Shield was a pretty good game, was at work so gonna watch it later....

- Got a letter from Virgin Media saying the cost of Sky Sports was set to go up by £1.50 a month but that I now get 6 Setanta Sports channels for free, pretty good news!

Anyway the reason I came on here is to ask realistically how do people feel about their teams prospects this season?

For me and my beloved Pompey I think we missed a massive oppourtunity last season to get into europe...this season I think we will be there or there about again. Largely due to our excellent home form, if only we could build on our away form. Think our defence will once again be one of the best and most solid in the league, distin can only help this and muntari's energy and physical presence can only help. Think in Nugent we may finally have a striker who can get some goals for us and Lua Lua has looked hot in pre-season hopefully he can put his personal problems behind him (his baby son died of pnemonia) and have a great season...

Good post.

My hopes for United are pretty high. We have got a league win under our belt, and we have improved our team in quite a few ways. Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves should improve our already awesome midfield, and should allow ageing players like Scholes and Giggs a rest. With the impending arrival of Tevez, who should provide us with some heavy firepower upfront, it's hard not to be optimistic.

Areas for improvement:

1. We need an extra defender, maybe somebody who can also play at right back, for a long-term replacement for Neville.

2. We need a further two strikers. It's good to have cover, and we won the treble with 4 world class strikers: Sheringham, Solksjaer, Yorke and Cole. So far, we have Rooney, Saha, Solksjaer and possibly Tevez. Rooney just needs to improve on his finishing, I feel, as his work-rate is already sound. The goals will come. With Saha and Solksjaer, it is a case of staying fit. Solksjaer is on his last legs, so I can only seriously see him being a bit-part player next season. Bringing in a player like Tevez would be the right way forward, but we need more.

3. Consistency. This is essential for the league, but also for the Champions League. The problem in Europe is that our away form sometimes lets us down. We need to change this. We need teams to fear us no matter where we play.

My Opinion on Liverpool's Prospects...

The simple fact is we are going to be dealing with this season in 3 phases, beginning, middle and end...

We have had the Middle and End sussed the past few years, the beggining has been our undoing the past 3 seasons and it has a bad affect on the outcome of our season.

Rafa has changed what he did last season, training is less physical as the players have said. We have brought in players who will hopefully add that extra spark, Torres, Babel being the most notable with Voronin coming in as well and looking a prospect.

Simple fact is we need to hit the ground running, Torres needs to bag a few and we need to have some spark in our Football...

The first Home Game v Chelsea will hopefully be in our advantage and help us get one over them, but 1 or 2 games don't matter it's all 38.

I do believe we are 2 more players away from a full strength side to win the league, but let's wait and see.

I won't make a prediction for us regarding the league because it simply depends on the first few months, we have the squad to make a good start, but we have had that squad for a few years now and we have went to places where we should be winning and lost. Goodison and Ewood for Example.

One game at a time for Liverpool is how I see it

Btw Gerrard 1-1 :p

It's Pre Season...

'Nuff Said

Yeah it's pre-season but nothing has changed. lack of flair, guile and imagination. the liverpool midfield get plenty of the ball but do not create chances for the strikers.

I honestly cannot see it changing. Pennant was awful and Kewell average again. Henry and Drogba would struggle to score goals in a liverpool team.

it's pre-season and Rafa still wont take risks and be more adventures. compare Arsenal in pre-season with liverpool and you see the difference..

Yeah it's pre-season but nothing has changed. lack of flair, guile and imagination. the liverpool midfield get plenty of the ball but do not create chances for the strikers.

I honestly cannot see it changing. Pennant was awful and Kewell average again. Henry and Drogba would struggle to score goals in a liverpool team.

it's pre-season and Rafa still wont take risks and be more adventures.

Every post I have seen you make regarding Liverpool has been negative....What Gives?

Pennant has been brilliant all Pre-Season, and what you have seen has been just a mix and match midfield, FFS Torres played RM Part of it when he came on today?

Fact is it's pre-season, Rafa has some work to do yes but the potential and quality is there, we have 4 World Class players competing for the CM Spots...

Pennant, Leto, Kewell, Riise, Aurelio, Babel, Gerrard even competing for the Wing Positions.

Also why would Rafa wanna take Risks in any sense of the word, it's pre-seasons and we don't need injuries, what I have seen has filled me with promise..

Judge them in the league, not in a pre-season friendly where things are being tested and tried...

Every post I have seen you make regarding Liverpool has been negative....What Gives?

Pennant has been brilliant all Pre-Season, and what you have seen has been just a mix and match midfield, FFS Torres played RM Part of it when he came on today?

Fact is it's pre-season, Rafa has some work to do yes but the potential and quality is there, we have 4 World Class players competing for the CM Spots...

Pennant, Leto, Kewell, Riise, Aurelio, Babel, Gerrard even competing for the Wing Positions.

Also why would Rafa wanna take Risks in any sense of the word, it's pre-seasons and we don't need injuries, what I have seen has filled me with promise..

Judge them in the league, not in a pre-season friendly where things are being tested and tried...

There's a slight contradiction in your post.

Khilafah said Rafa should take risks, then you said "why would Rafa wanna take risks?" and then point out that things are being tried and tested.

I believe this is what Khila meant. He said things were exactly the same as last season, which means that Rafa isn't trying and testing.

That's what I think he meant.

because i wanna see liverpool challenge for the title mate. I wanna see liverpool play attacking football home and away. I just cant see the reds getting close to Man Utd unless the style of play changes. I think they should of signed a top quality dribbler which they havent replaced since McManaman left.

Gerrard can't bail Liverpool out every week.

I dunno, next week vs Villa we will see just how serious Rafa is when he sez that he will be more attacking this season.

Watched the community shield in the pub, forgot it was on until we were about 50 metres away from the pub. Walked in with my Arsenal shirt on, everyone just looked at me..

Anyway, first half was pretty good watch, but the second half was boring. And how did Ashley Cole get man of the match, the whiney little rat was crap. I think Man Utd deserved the win. But jesus how many people celebrated it like it was a big final, some tit in the pub started dancing. And the people on sky where saying "I suppose its a bit of revenge for the FA Cup Final".. Err, no its not. Community Shield does not compare at all to the FA Cup. Winning it is as good as winning your junior school disco raffle, you've won, you get to celebrate in front of everyone, but in the end the prize is worth fuck all.

Can't wait for Sunday now, let the season begin. :)

To be expected, coming from an Arsenal fan.

Or maybe because Ashley Cole sold his soul to the devil, betrayed his home club and opted for Money...

Ah Maybe that....

Or maybe I tried to be open minded, and really didn't think he had a good game. :P