N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biscan was a great player. people underrate him like they under rated heskey.

Pelleta is still young cut him some slack. Fuck if i were to point out mistakes made by "the best" then you could argue they were shit too.

if united sign teves that will be one hell of a signing. and a sign of intent. but when people say it will be between united and chelsea this season it pisses me off. liverpool are hungry too. we didn't win a thing last season and benitez wont be happy about that.

Glad garcia has gone. i was never a fan he had no heart. gave the ball away too much and didn't fight enough for the team.

Considering Pallleta only played 8 Games last season, with a few of them being substituate appearences says it all... What ever happend to the times when they where judged on the run they have in the squad...

Also he has Hyypia, Carra, Agger ahead of him, so cut him some slack...He was also bought for the future...Fuck why do I explain myself...:wtf:

Oh and Hobz, Biscan won the Champions League with Liverpool so ya he did a great job and he played in the team that Drew away to Juventus...So yes he did a fantastic job.

As for Biscan once more, he has Liverpool Fans respect I was there when he scored for us v Bolton his final goal for the club and it was probably the loudest cheer at Anfield for a few years :P His reputation of being "shit" came under Houllier playing him CB, when he was a CM...

and Mike Luis Garcia he is the marmite of Liverpool Football Club, You love him or hate him, for his fustrations he had his moments of pulsating football, but whatever anyone says he put 100% into the club...

Happenstance I am just defending the players who aren't shit being called otherwise...

Hence why I mentioned consistency, I didn't say Arsenal were consistent. Because we weren't, the two things I mentioned in the previous post were the two key elements I believed that makes teams either champions or champion contenders.

Ooo, I thought you meant "two key things you need are such and such...which you don't have" :)

:heh:

Imo, I think you do need to spend big. It's kinda like a psychological advantage, especially when playing against smaller teams week in week out. "Shit, they've got 40 million pound rated players...."

I think I just came everywhere:

manutdcopyhe4.jpg

Give Man Utd two years (presumably Scholes and Neville will have moved on/replaced) and they'll have as many Englishmen as Arsenal in the team. Maybe then we would get less flack.

Give Man Utd two years (presumably Scholes and Neville will have moved on/replaced) and they'll have as many Englishmen as Arsenal in the team. Maybe then we would get less flack.

Ben Foster (who will come into his own this season and next)?

Wes Brown?

Michael Carrick?

Owen Hargreaves?

Along with Ferdinand and Rooney.

Oh, and there's also the likes of Richardson and Smith, whose futures are both uncertain.

Not to mention the other British and Irish players. We still have Giggsy, but he's on his last legs. Fletcher, O'shea to name two.

Plus, the youth system, so no doubt we'll get new British blood that way.

I have to say this whole Tevez thing stinks...

What with the Arbitration Panel admitting they would probably have taken points off West Ham and now the PL saying they will investigate any move, there is clearly something a miss. Surely the PL should be able to stand by their conviction that when West Ham were originally punished, it was the correct punishment and that they were suitably happy that Tevez had been registered completely with West Ham and there was no further third party involvement now this is not the case...they are doubting where the money is going...

If Man U get Tevez then they're going to simply destroy the league next season.

Guess we know why they lost to West Ham now, as part of the deal.

i would have thought that if united had beaten them last season it would have been easier to get teves as they would have been in the championship.

I'm pleased Reo-Coker is finally a Villa player, he has promised 100% commitment to the club and I hope he delivers.

As for Tevez to Man U, I reckon Man U will be a bit more deadly in front of goal next season, Tevez has adapted to the Premiership, he won't struggle to score that much.

lol 2 year loan? what is that all about?

two words: cover up

I'm sorry but Premier League say they will investigate where the money goes from any potential transfer, so what happens the day after that is revealed? Tevez is suddenly going on loan instead for two years with get this an option of an additional three years on loan.

two words: cover up

I'm sorry but Premier League say they will investigate where the money goes from any potential transfer, so what happens the day after that is revealed? Tevez is suddenly going on loan instead for two years with get this an option of an additional three years on loan.

An option of extra year making it 3 years in total. Anyway the premier league dont have an issue with 3rd party ownership, otherwise you wouldnt be able to loan players. It's the 3rd party having control over where the player goes without the clubs permission thats the issue. West Ham say they got rid of this clause in January. They also gave Kia permission to talk to other clubs about Tevez 2 weeks ago.

Seriously people need to actualy read up about this without just assuming what SSN or the super soar away Sun say is correct. Because 90% of the time it isnt.

Interesting though I just thought of, apparently West Ham "own" him so if he is on loan at Utd he can't play against for the next five years (under the PL rules) if they loan him for 2 years and then take up the option for a further 3 years on the loan, its crazy who has ever heard of a 5 year loan...

EDIT:

Noodleman, third party ownership from companies out of the normal footballing canon (like MSI Sports who own Tevez) is not allowed in anyway shape or form in this country.

"I'm only thinking about the national team" - Carlos Tevez, June 4, ahead of the Copa America.

"I know Inter is interested in me. It would be nice to play in Italy, especially in a team that has so many Argentinians - Carlos Tevez, June 12.

"Inter is a great club. There is a true possibility that I will wear the Nerazzurri colours next season" - Carlos Tevez, June 26.

"I know people are now talking about Arsenal and obviously that is something I am excited about. It's another big club and the good thing is I wouldn't have to move out of London. I also already know English football and I like it. Arsenal's style is more technical than physical so I could fit in no problem. My transfer is being talked about a lot. It's beautiful to be wanted by various clubs" - Carlos Tevez, June 29.

"I would like to play at Real Madrid" - Carlos Tevez, June 30.

"For me, Manchester United will be a sensational destination and to be a member of Sir Alex Ferguson's squad will be absolutely spectacular" - Carlos Tevez, July 6.

I would hate to be Tevez when deciding what to wear, I really would

It cant be a 5 year loan hes only under contract for 3 more years. It's a 2 year loan with an option of a 3rd year. Not an aditional 3 years.

Edit: Flameboy, yes it is otherwise Pompey and Everton wouldnt have been allowed to sign Manuel Fernades last year. As he is owned by a similar company to MSI.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!