Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

I still stand by the fact that the likes of ourselves and Manchester United have more fans than Arsenal...

How can such a thing be estimated?

I mean to come up with a figure like that is very questionable...

I base the fact on Liverpool having more fans on the fact we are more succesful than Arsenal, Out Season Ticket Waiting List is about 18 Years, we have 100,000 + People on the Fan Card List + A Fair Few Million on the OLSC and not forgetting those on the PTS and YPTS Schemes.

I don't think Arsenal are a small club by many means, maybe I'm being narrow minded here or ignorant but I refuse to believe Arsenal has more fans than the likes of Us, Man Utd, Real Madrid and any other of the continental European Teams.

Thats my take on it anyway.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I base the fact on Liverpool having more fans on the fact we are more succesful than Arsenal, Out Season Ticket Waiting List is about 18 Years, we have 100,000 + People on the Fan Card List + A Fair Few Million on the OLSC and not forgetting those on the PTS and YPTS Schemes.

If you can get a source for that it would be brilliant, as it would piss all over their ridiculous 'we've got 180,000 registered members' argument.

Our 180,000 members excludes the Season ticket waiting list, as that is not a membership, its a wiating list to get a membership. I think our waiting list is longer too. I'm currently about 42,000 on the season ticket waiting list, and I joined at the beginning of the year, so it will be worse now. It will take at least 20 years for me to get one.

I think we have about 45,000 season tickets, 20-30,000 silver members, and the rest are red members, which very little tickets get to. These figures are just off the top of my head, but they are pretty close to what it is.

I'll Keep looking for a source but it is common knowledge

The Season Ticket List is 56,000 and counting as Rick Parry said earlier this summer.

Fan Cards come with OLSC Memberships and since they are meant to appeal to the real fans then I'd imagine we would have Millions with them.

For the record for those who don't know Fan Cards are used to Buy Tickets under someones name to earn credits and qualify for Cup Games and Finals.

PTS Schemes are for those who go to the Cup Games and their is a few thousand on that as well.

Maybe I'm being abit cynical but if Arsenal had that many "Paying" fans they would of built a bigger stadium?

I Could also be abit more cynical and say that is purely down the to the registrations on the Official Arsenal Website.

Maybe I'm being abit cynical but if Arsenal had that many "Paying" fans they would of built a bigger stadium?

We couldn't get it any bigger because of the local council, prnning permission and transport links. Otherwise it would've been larger. There was the option of moving further to the outskirts of London, but the fans wanted us to stay in Highbury, therefore, we only have 60,000 seats.

I will bring some sources to the table asap, but to be fair, although we have Millions of OLSC Members only a small percentage or at a push half of them are regular users of their Fan Cards...

This is indeed developing into quite the debate ;)

We couldn't get it any bigger because of the local council, prnning permission and transport links. Otherwise it would've been larger. There was the option of moving further to the outskirts of London, but the fans wanted us to stay in Highbury, therefore, we only have 60,000 seats.

Ah right, and my understanding is the ground can't be extended either?

This whole "debate" is pretty insignificant. I find that most of the topics/discussions in this thread are pretty immature and its just a case of "my club is better than yours" kinda thing.

Who cares about how many supporters each club has? Why are people trying to boast that your club has more members/more fans than other said club? Exactly what are you trying to achieve? Its pointless...members trying to find info from all kinds of facts and figures just to prove that their club is the best in the world. Just shut up and get a grip.

For all the Liverpool fans= Your club is the best in the world.

For all the Arsenal fans= Your club is the best in the world.

For all the United fans= Your club is the best in the world.

And for everyone else, yes, your club is the best in the world. Everyone thinks that their club is the best, but you don't have to post crap just to justify your opinion.

I will bring some sources to the table asap, but to be fair, although we have Millions of OLSC Members only a small percentage or at a push half of them are regular users of their Fan Cards...

This is indeed developing into quite the debate ;)

Ah right, and my understanding is the ground can't be extended either?

It CAN be extended, just not very easily due to the bowl shape, but they have said it is possible. And the council wouldn't allow it and it would require several tube stations being renovated to accomodate the extra fans.

Crap, England Ladies are losing 2-0.

Edit: 3-0 now.

This whole "debate" is pretty insignificant. I find that most of the topics/discussions in this thread are pretty immature and its just a case of "my club is better than yours" kinda thing.

Who cares about how many supporters each club has? Why are people trying to boast that your club has more members/more fans than other said club? Exactly what are you trying to achieve? Its pointless...members trying to find info from all kinds of facts and figures just to prove that their club is the best in the world. Just shut up and get a grip.

For all the Liverpool fans= Your club is the best in the world.

For all the Arsenal fans= Your club is the best in the world.

For all the United fans= Your club is the best in the world.

And for everyone else, yes, your club is the best in the world. Everyone thinks that their club is the best, but you don't have to post crap just to justify your opinion.

Totally agree, I get fed up coming in here as it's always the same argument with the same old people.

It wasn't that bad an argument really anyway. Ant and Fields just didn't realise that Arsenal had that many fans, now they do, and the debate is over! Neither of us were claiming we're the biggest club in the world.

And yay, 2-0 at half time. Lets make it 8-0.

Liverpool you wankers! How the fuck could you not beat Blues?

Like I said yesterday, because of Rafa saying "Sorry Fernando, you're going to have to learn to share. Give the other boys a go with the ball and you can play later. Look, you've made Dirk cry. Oh, wait, he always looks like that."

Fabregas just can't stop scoring!

4-0 now!

And now Adebayor has a hattrick! 5-0!

That's only because Derby are shite. Anyone could beat them at the moment. Erm, forget I said that.

I normally defend Rafa's tactics and his infamous rotation policy, but I must admit that seeing our brand new £20+ striker sitting on the bench makes me cry (well, not quite, but you get the point) :(

And the N-E Arsenal wankfest is going to get worse by the day if they keep playing like they are :(

Fuck.

Another week, another happy ending. :) Hopefully this continues! Pretty much everything went Arsenal's way today and a draw with Man U Chelsea tomorrow would really cap it off. XD

It's strange to think that nearly 1/6 of the premiership games this season have been played. Not much left to go then...... lolol

Ramar lost for putting Arsenals fan base ahead of all those clubs. Be realistic mate! Think somebody has been sipping on the "carried away" juice

I'll be honest mate, got in from work and was shattered and typed some random stuff about our record members. Which to be honest, wasn't really that relevant to overall fanbasel. I don't think we have the biggest fan base, but then again Arsenal have never been the glory hunters club. ;)

As for today, was at the match. Fantastic all round from Almunia to Eduardo, all across the park. Diaby's goal was sensational, and completely out of character (judging by previous efforts on goal). Cesc on the score sheet again, scaring me how good he's been. And Adebayor getting a hat trick, which is the first hat trick scored by a first team player at the Emirates. (Jay Simpson scoring the only other hat trick in a youth match). I believe its also our highest win at the stadium so theres another stat for you. Great day, good result (trying not to get carried away). Onwards and upwards.

Watch MoTD for some excellent goals.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!