NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

Haha, and you're the league leaders right now. :heh:

I don't think we are there yet, although the signs are promising. Rooney and Tevez are both deadley upfront, and have formed a good partnership. Ronaldo is scoring goals and just generally being a menace. With the rest of the midfield, Anderson looks better as each game goes on.

I think the key will be our back four, though. We can definitely score goals, it's just all about not conceding. Had our back four remained strong against West Ham, we'd still be first right now.

Banter indeed :indeed:

Of course The Sun would leave out that bit. I'm expecting letters in The Sun pretty soon, calling Jamie Carragher a 'thug', or a 'prima donna'. (He can't be the latter, 'cos he's from Liverpool!

Agh, I don't half loathe teh media!

Of course The Sun would leave out that bit. I'm expecting letters in The Sun pretty soon, calling Jamie Carragher a 'thug', or a 'prima donna'. (He can't be the latter, 'cos he's from Liverpool!

Agh, I don't half loathe teh media!

Hmm, that's a pretty big 'bit' to leave out.

Hmm, that's a pretty big 'bit' to leave out.

They'd leave out any bits, big or small, to veer the public away from what is the actual truth...

Wankers! :nono:

Luton such a detestable place and the Sun quite possibly the worst newspaper in the world.

The Sun paints a completely different story.

What do you expect from this shit hole, its one of the reasons I have no respect for my home town let alone its football club. Disgrace.

----

Stupid Merge

We play the scum tonight. I'll be there, singing my heart out.

Also got Birmingham, Newcastle and I just booked Blackburn tickets.

Hoping to book a travel package on Friday for AC Milan away.

newcastle have fired big sam.

worst. decision. ever.

lets hope they get relegated now.

That was absolutely stupid of them! :nono:

Who are they planning to have next? Alan Shearer?

I can't see him taking a trophy back to Tyneside.

Newcastle really are delluded, who can they possibly get who is going to do a better job then the Fat ****.

I'm shocked. Sam should have been given untill the end of the season at least. Now we're a laughing stock once again. Fucking hell.

I haven't been a big fan of the football we've played under Allardyce but I understand you need to give the manager time.

Who would seriously want the Newcastle job?

Oh and please not Shearer.

It took Big Sam two or three seasons to do what he did with us. We were in the First Division, and when he left us, in the UEFA Cup. He attracted players like Djorkaeff, Okocha, Anelka and turned round the fortunes of others like Ivan Campo and Kevin Davies.

Sure, he made some questionable signings, and his tactics weren't the best to watch, but he got results. Newcastle were obviously expecting Champions League straight away - doesn't work like that!

Anyway, the best thing to happen now would be to sack Megson and get Big Sam back where he belongs

Wtf Newcastle? STOP CHANGING MANAGERS!!! Wonder who will be next through the revolving doors at NUFC =P

Come on, it's hardly the shock of the season. His days were numbered as soon as he took the job. He should have stayed at Bolton, he was onto a good thing there.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: How long will they keep blaming the manager for the player's/players' inability on the pitch?

Yeah but still I thought they would have given him at least untill the end of the season.

Yeah but still I thought they would have given him at least untill the end of the season.

Don't try to use logic when it comes to football. God, anything can happen these days. :D

So, who's going to be his replacement? My advice to Mr. Shearer: Don't take the job, it's a death trap.

I cant believe Big Sam has left Newcastle

He was under alot of pressure from everyone one but i just don't think he was given enough time.

Whilst its still an odd decision...I can't say I'm surprised. My bro is a newcastle fan and we went to city game last week and whilst they played ok there was so much sloppy play and a lack of general positioning. Petrov was getting so much free space it wasn't even funny!

It's crazy they have sacked him now, atleast give him a chance, they can practically write this season off now...not going to achieve anything or turn season around with a new manager coming in now...these things take time.

I think he defo made some dubious signings and the stigma of him being a Shepherd appointment seemed too much for some geordies to handle, especially those I was sat with. Ashley obviously wants to make his own appointment. I don't think Shearer is ready but all the early rumours suggest an English (or at least British) Manager and who else is there?

Just realised I havn't posted in here for ages....

So quick recap on my footballing thoughts of the last few months, Pompey's season going good so far...some cack results but also some great ones. I'm reserving judgement on Capello for now. How shite are Derby? How close fought is the Championship, so many teams could challenge for promotion. Wooohooo at myfootballclub I love part owning Ebbsfleet United, and Finally Harry Redknapp is innocent.

You should post in here more often, man. We need some Pompey/Redknapp love, haha. :)

You should post in here more often, man. We need some Pompey/Redknapp love, haha. :)

I know I just forget cos leave my footie talk to pompey forums...I'll try and get in here more trust me!

Hopefully can keep this up in the second half. Arsenal are really poor at the back today and we're exploiting it. Come on Spurs!

I can't see the point of it really. Who they gonna get in? Jol? How much better will he do this season....may aswell left sam in charge see how it goes. Who would actually want the newcastle job anyway? It's like signing up to be made redundant.

I am so very peed off right now. Lucky lucky Arsenal.

one of the luckiest goals ever seen.... and people rate theo, lol, what shambles.

I've been thinking about Allardyce leaving. Would he have turned things around if he had been given more time? I would have liked for Allardyce to have more time. At least if he had had untill the end of the season we could have looked at our performance over the whole season and judge him on that. If there had been no improvement then say good bye Sam. After all he was Freddy Shepherds appointment, not Mike Ashleys.

But we can only judge him on half a season. So...

It was damn depressing watching most of our away performances this season. Two shocking displays against Derby and Wigan. They are teams we should be going and attacking but we didn't and we got beat.

Home form has been poor. St. James' should be a fortress but it isn't. Bad defeats to Portsmouth, Liverpool, Man City. Another rubbish performance against Derby, who've taken 4 points from us this season!

His negative tactics didn't go down well with the fans. WE don't expect to win every game 4-0 but we do want to watch some decent football. We've got the players to do it but play them out of posistion and they wont be effective (e.g. N'Zogbia playing left back).

It's been rather depressing following Newcastle this season (and the last, and the one before that!). But still you need to give the manager time. How are we ever going to go anywhere if when things start to go wrong (as they have) we part ways with our manager? Time and patients are needed to take this football club forward. I just hope whoever decides to take the job they are given time and support.