Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2007

gaggle64

Except thats not actualy true. He was a Williams driver, Williams decided to lease him out to Honda so he could get some driving experiance. However it was always in his contract after the 2 years at Honda he would go back to Williams. He decided he didnt want to go back to Williams and bought himself out of his Williams contract.
Button was under a Williams contract when he drove for Benetton/Renault for two years.

I don't think that same Williams contract continued for a further 2 years when he made the move to BAR (after being replaced by Alonso at Renault).

He was under a BAR contract in 2005 when he agreed to drive for Williams, using a loophole in his BAR contract to try and make the switch.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know who mclaren should go for if Alonso leaves...BUTTON!

God if he had a half decent car he'd be great.

Eh, what? Button is not an above average Formula 1 driver. McLaren would do better getting Kovalainen, Heidfeld, Kubica or Rosberg to replace Alonso.

Personally, I hope Alonso returns to Renault, although I'll miss the competition with Hamilton. It would be great to have a competition between McLaren, Ferrari, Renault and BMW (if they keep up this progression) next year.

Button was under a Williams contract when he drove for Benetton/Renault for two years.

I don't think that same Williams contract continued for a further 2 years when he made the move to BAR (after being replaced by Alonso at Renault).

He was under a BAR contract in 2005 when he agreed to drive for Williams, using a loophole in his BAR contract to try and make the switch.

Yeah my mistake, forgot he drove for Benetton.

Eh, what? Button is not an above average Formula 1 driver. McLaren would do better getting Kovalainen, Heidfeld, Kubica or Rosberg to replace Alonso.

Personally, I hope Alonso returns to Renault, although I'll miss the competition with Hamilton. It would be great to have a competition between McLaren, Ferrari, Renault and BMW (if they keep up this progression) next year.

Yeah I think I'd prefer to see Heidfeld given the next chance in one of the top teams.

He's doing a fantastic job at BMW, and whilst the team are coming on strong, I'm not sure they've quite got that bit extra within the team yet to really challenge for one of the top spots (at least for next year anyway).

He's got plenty of experience aswell.

If they want a younger driver though, Rosberg/Kubica would definately be the way to go.

McLaren will also need drivers to fill out their new Prodrive B-team (or at least it's looking like Pro-drive will partner with McLaren).

Those seats may fall to test drivers De La Rosa and Parfett however.

• 2 weeks later...

So F1 is returning to Fuji for the Japanese Grand Prix this year (and next)!

Whilst Suzuka was one of my favourite tracks and I'll miss it for a couple of years, I'm really looking forward to Fuji as it'll be a new track for the drivers to learn!

Can't wait, the end of the season is gonna be so exciting!!

For anyone wanting to know what the new circuit will be like...

Fuji Track Animation

http://www.f1sports.cz/_img/videa/16_japonsko_preview.swf

Looks great! awesome long straight!

fuji07_002.jpg

Looks great. I wonder what the overtaking opportunities are like, particularly round that last couple of weaving half-circles.
Yeah the slow down for turn 1 and the last section/few corners of the track look to be the best places for overtaking.

I'm also loving the downhill sections, starting with the one after turn 1!

It's great when tracks go through large elevation changes, with Spa being the best example!

i remember a commentor saying a while back about a "first ever night race" i cant remember where he said its gunna be (starting next season)

thailand i think not sure thou

any one know

Yeah it's gonna be a new street circuit in Singapore!

Also gonna be a second Spanish GP starting next year in Valencia, a street harbourside circuit like Monaco!

Man, street circuits. It'll be like the 70s all over again. They'll be wearing thick moustaches and racing while drunk soon.
Yeah I hope they put a limit on the ammounts of street circuits!

Having one made Monaco special, now we have three, which I don't mind so much.

Yes it detracts a bit from Monaco's uniqueness, but it's always going to be Monaco! and now we have abit of street circuit variety (and one at night), which is a good thing! But I don't think there should be many, if any, more...

There's always talk of what a Vegas Street Circuit would be like, or should Silverstone loose the GP a London Street Circuit!

Sure they would be awesome additions, but I'd hate to loose some great classic race track circuits to them!

I'm also getting a bit worried about all the new countries and circuits that are future or potentials additions to the calender.

2008 - Singapore

2008 - Valencia

Preview Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B826gRgD-E

2009 - Abu Dhabi [built on Yas Island.]

Preview Video - http://www.abudhabigp.com/english/the_circuit.aspx

2010 - India

Adu Dhabi could be something special! however...

Sure take F1 global, but with that comes more of the 'new' circuits, the Hermann Tilke circuits... and I don't want too many more of those either!

I'm some cases they lack a great ammount of character and charm, though I have to say I love the Turkish GP already!

Hockenheim shows the importance of character, they took the away the forest section of the track and it went from one of the most memorable circuits, to something average!

Really dont like that Fuji track Suzuka in my top 5 tracks of all time as well :'( They've managed to ruin Spa so no doubt when Suzuka returns it will be shit.
Yeah I'm definately glad we'll be going back to Suzuka, it's AWESOME!

Personally I'm rather looking forward to the new street circuits. Lord knows the season could use a little extra diversity, and circuits in exotic places like Singapore or even Mt. Fuji add no end of glamour to the sport. It is important that we celebrate F1's lineage, but to me the future looks very bright indeed.

I don't know how practical it would be, but I'd love if they were able to keep the big, new continental races (India, Europe, USA Ect.) and then the rest could be a mixture of old classics and exciting new street circuits that varied from year to year. Variety is the spice of life, as they say.

Also, a Paris GP would be the best thing ever. I hope the rumours amount to something.

Personally I'm rather looking forward to the new street circuits. Lord knows the season could use a little extra diversity, and circuits in exotic places like Singapore or even Mt. Fuji add no end of glamour to the sport. It is important that we celebrate F1's lineage, but to me the future looks very bright indeed.

I don't know how practical it would be, but I'd love if they were able to keep the big, new continental races (India, Europe, USA Ect.) and then the rest could be a mixture of old classics and exciting new street circuits that varied from year to year. Variety is the spice of life, as they say.

Also, a Paris GP would be the best thing ever. I hope the rumours amount to something.

I'm definately up for more new exotic tracks all round the world, I just wouldn't want it at the expense of loosing too many of the great circuits we already have, like Australia, Canada, Silverstone, who's future's always seem in doubt!

The best solution would be to alternate some circuits like you said, but the problem is they keep extending some of the circuit contracts for years into the future guaranteeing they'll be on the calander!

There are definately a few current circuits we could loose!

I'm glad San Marino and the USA are gone for now, both very boring circuits!

Wouldn't mind loosing France and possibly Spain (now that we have Valencia), to make room for some new circuits.

They should increase the calender to 20 races IMO!!

<3<3<3<3 Brazil.

Best track.

My first ever F1 race that I watched on the telly was the one, I think it was 2003, it was Brazil. The one with the MASSIVE pile up, and Fisichella won in the Jordan, before having it taken off him, then given back, then taken again.

So good.

<3<3<3<3 Brazil.

Best track.

My first ever F1 race that I watched on the telly was the one, I think it was 2003, it was Brazil. The one with the MASSIVE pile up, and Fisichella won in the Jordan, before having it taken off him, then given back, then taken again.

So good.

Yeah that was a great race!

Fisichella won, but it was awarded to Raikkonen, who then sportingly gave it back to Fisichella!

I miss the Austrian Grand Prix, great up and down hill circuit!

Anyone remember the classic race from 2002...

Must Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyHzKXtPSIA

It was the scene of Schumacher's most embarrasing race! where Barachello let him win as they crossed the line, and led to the introduction of the team orders rules.

The embarrasment and awkwardness on the podium if CLASSIC!!

:nono: Schumacher, shame on you!! :nono:

The reason that race sticks out in my mind however is for the Heidfeld-Sato crash!

It's probably the earliest crash I can still remember clearly to this day! Heldfelds car whips across the corner and collects Sato on the exit! Can you imagine how scary that would be for Sato, just out of nowhere! Big, spectatcular crash!!

Egh, I can still remember Senna's fatal accident in San Marino in 1994 like it was yesterday. :(
Glad I didn't have to witness that!

I'd watch the ocassional race, but it wasn't until about 1999/2000 that I started watching it properly.

There was of course this...

Spa 1998:

Funniest ever start to a race!

Egh, I can still remember Senna's fatal accident in San Marino in 1994 like it was yesterday. :(

It's funny you should mention that. I was only 7 at the time, yet watching that race on the TV, and seeing the crash, is one of my most vivid childhod memories. I was well into F1, moreso than football (!) when I was a little lad, and Senna was my idol. I was devastated, and put off the sport for a long while. It's only in the last couple of years that I've gotten back into it. Very sad :(

What a race. I won't spoil it for anyone who is going to watch the rerun, but damn that was good.
Yeah it was great. Raikonnen was GREAT but i'm really disappointed with the result
Agreed! What an absolutely AWESOME race!! other than the result!

So glad I decided to wake up early for it!

Fantastic drive from Raikonnen, absolute class until the very end!

Congrats to Kovalainen aswell!

lol at Webber and Vettel!

Massa and Kubica, very nice!

Can't believe the whole tyre situation with Ferrari! The result could have been very different!

Just finished watching the repeat for daylight dwellers. I'm simply, absolutely gutted for Vettel and Webber. That's probably the big lowlight of the whole season so far. I very nearly cried myself.

Anyway, looks like Hamilton *may* have just won the championship. The Ferraris were something fairly magnificent though to recover from all those crazy tyre-shenanigans.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!