N-Europe

Rugby vs Football

KKOB

Rugby or Footy  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Rugby or Footy

That probably occured after the match:)

Let's look at the facts:

On 6 September 1989, while playing for England in a vital World Cup qualifier in Sweden, Butcher suffered a deep cut to his forehead early in the game which would have prompted most players to be withdrawn from play for urgent medical attention.

Butcher, however, had some impromptu stitches inserted by the physiotherapist and, swathed in bandages, continued playing. His constant heading of the ball - unavoidable when playing in the centre of defence - disintegrated the bandages and reopened the cut to the extent that his white England shirt was entirely red by the end of the game. This match remains his defining moment as one of England's great footballing heroes.

So, no, mcj, no, it wasn't.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the current England players like Beckham and Crouch would do the same LMAO

Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't, but I can picture Steven Gerrard all bandaged up and bloody, and still play.

A lot of players would carry on playing if they cut their head open, a year ago Sol Campbell played with a broken nose. But sometimes a player would have to be taken off even if they only suffered a slight knock to the ankle that stops them from running for the duration.

There have been so many cases of players suffering career-ending injuries (David Busst is a decent example), that you can't tolerate players who fake rolling on the ground writhing in pain so they can get a player sent off.

Exeter College (Oxford). We were playing cuppers and happened to be the only team with no Irishmen in it :p

I played on the left, around midfield and half back.

Number 7! Good position - tis where i play meself :p

I am well impressed!