Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It means only 10% of the human brain is actually used, and human science has no idea what the other 90% does.

Also human brain patterns are just electrical energy, and according to the laws of physics energy cannot just disappear, only change form, so who's to say that when the human brain dies, it's thought patterns don't just convert to a different, as yet undiscovered, type of energy that can manifest itself on another plane of existence.

There you go, a scientific explanation to the afterlife, completely non religious.

I never thought of that one. Good opinion, though.

At the end of the day: Religion causes more problems than its worth.

One of those problems being this conversation.

Its the people who cause the problems, religion is just a petty excuse.

It means only 10% of the human brain is actually used, and human science has no idea what the other 90% does.

Also human brain patterns are just electrical energy, and according to the laws of physics energy cannot just disappear, only change form, so who's to say that when the human brain dies, it's thought patterns don't just convert to a different, as yet undiscovered, type of energy that can manifest itself on another plane of existence.

There you go, a scientific explanation to the afterlife, completely non religious.

Ooooo i really like hearing stuff like that. Makes you think it could be anything. Maybe some magical ability we once had but forgot how to use.

Maybe not, would be good though.

I never thought of that one. Good opinion, though.

Its the people who cause the problems, religion is just a petty excuse.

That's a lie. Some extreme muslims don't just use religion as an excuse, they say what they say because that's what they beleive and that's what causes them to do what some of them do.

Ooooo i really like hearing stuff like that. Makes you think it could be anything. Maybe some magical ability we once had but forgot how to use.

Maybe not, would be good though.

lol, that would be awesome. Also what is the point in us having such a large brain capacity if most of it's never used?

"Although folklore would have it that about 90% of the human brain is dormant, this has proven scientifically unfounded. The fact that ~10% of neurons in the brain fire at any one time is a possible source of this misconception. (If a large percentage of the neurons were to fire at the same time, the result would be a Tonic-clonic seizure.)"

So its just folklore

That's a lie. Some extreme muslims don't just use religion as an excuse, they say what they say because that's what they beleive and that's what causes them to do what some of them do.

No. Islam clearly states, just like other faiths, that peace is best. It does not encorouge (much) violence, and you get extremists in every faith. Its' a fact of life: people who were born religious, but then turn out wicked and use their faith for an excuse.

No. Islam clearly states, just like other faiths, that peace is best. It does not encorouge (much) violence, and you get extremists in every faith. Its' a fact of life: people who were born religious, but then turn out wicked and use their faith for an excuse.

Yes it does, I agree with that. But in their mind it's not an excuse, it's what they belive their god wants them too do. You get what I mean?

Heck yeah. Sign me up for medium to large.

I am loving you more and more each day.

Yes it does, I agree with that. But in their mind it's not an excuse, it's what they belive their god wants them too do. You get what I mean?

I do understand. Nevertheless, that's insanity, not faith.

I do understand. Nevertheless, that's insanity, not faith.

When someone believes something with all their heart, they cannot see that they are being insane.

Its like the Phelps "God hates fags" family, theres no point arguing with them. They believe in what they preach to such an extent that nothing said to them will change their mind.

They are one of the reasons I don't want to be Christian. I can't stand being on the same branch of the religious tree as them.

If I had X-Ray eyes, I could see inside.

I wouldn't have to predict the future

I wish that you would do the talking.

---

Anyway.

I know it's sad, but I need the Hairspray soundtrack. I saw the film as a summer diversion, and was surprised by it's quality, but I've never heard such a "get up and dance" song as 'You can't stop the beat".

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!