NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
system_error

Revolution Worldwide Launch in June 2006

Source: Spong.com - they have been right a few times but still suffer from their bad reputation. Son don't get too excited!

This news goes along with a article of Computer & Videogames where Iwata said that he really would like to launch in as many possible countries at the SAME time.

Yup great news isn't it :grin:

Here is the article from Computerandvideogames.com:

Various areas of the internet are reporting this morning that, speaking to Japanese news outlet Nikkei Business, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has outlined plans for a possible simultaneous launch of their next-gen Revolution console some time after April next year.

Iwata reportedly states: "I want to put it on the market to as many countries as possible at the same time." However, Nintendo's president also confirms that we won't be seeing the console or its magical wavy wand of mystery until after April, suggesting that - as expected - the Revolution will be the last of the next-gen machines to spring onto shelves.

Interestingly, website Ars Technica (a name that still makes us giggle, pathetically) notes that the previously reported voice message on the official Nintendo Power hotline in the US has been updated. Rather than outlining a release "in the later half of 2006", the message now points to an "estimated for release in 2006." The site speculates that judicious juggling of numbers makes a May/June launch likely. However, we can't help but worry that Nintendo's relatively specific original announcement has been replaced by a slightly more vague and non-commital possible 2006 release.

Still, whenever it finally arrives, if Nintendo does a Microsoft and manages to pull a global release out of their mystical launch hats, that can only be a good thing - with its competitors massaging the thighs of a worldwide audience, hopefully Sony will buck up its notoriously lax treatment of you-know-where come the PS3.

Hmmm, this is good. Very good. Great move Nintendo, get out before Sony :)

Already read about it but not on Spong. I hope its true because I wont be around next christmas to buy it. Nintendo will show Microsoft how a worldwide launch is done.

I doubt PS3 will be released till End of 2006 at least so it looks like Rev won't be last.

I think they could get away with an early launch this time since they have the download service to make up for lack of launch games. But lets face it, if they want a big launch line-up, June doesnt sound very realistic. Though i hope im totally wrong!

Pit, Mario has been in development since Mario Sunshine. Smash Bros. might have been in development for a very long time, HAL hasn't been doing much.

I hope it turns out to be true, that would be awesome. A Nintendo console which launches only a month after the japanese would be a dream come true.

Cant wait. Jeeze, all these new games and consoles coming out tis too much to think about at once!!

Already read about it but not on Spong. I hope its true because I wont be around next christmas to buy it. Nintendo will show Microsoft how a worldwide launch is done.

Chances are that they were basing their news of Spong, but didn't want to mention that they were the source. Wasn't Gaming Horizon, by any chance, as they did that with the Mario Paint story...

Chances are that they were basing their news of Spong, but didn't want to mention that they were the source. Wasn't Gaming Horizon, by any chance, as they did that with the Mario Paint story...

Nah I read it here, http://nintendo-revolution.blogspot.com/ it says CVG is the source and they got it from Nikkei Business. It got edited and now says Spong have a similar story, its there now. And yes Im aware its a blog.

Isn't this the same time Zelda - Twilight Princess hits?

Potentially, it's sometime from the 1st of April onwards, nothing more definite than that at present.

That's fantastic news :D

I won't be able to buy it before summer though :(

EDIT:

Hmmm, if so, I wonder where the games are...

True Jordan, a Metroid 3 at launch wouldnt suprise me either as it would be the perfect game to showcase the nun-chuck (plus they already have the landing sequence down!......errr..yeah).

Great news if true. It's definately possible too. Rogue Squadron 2 was done within 9 months and developers will be wokring on things already.

A worldwide release would be great too. Nintendo are getting quicker at releasing things, not brilliant, but the DS was only a 4 month wait after the US whereas the PSP was something stupid like 9 months.

not enough has been shown to see a june release not confinced yet....and its SPRONG which makes it prob bullshit knowing them

Whatever the release date may be, it still points to the fact Nintendo are trying to do a worldwide launch of sorts which is good news for Europe.

I think Zelda may have been delayed into the Nintendo's next fiscal year(06/07) instead February/March 06, because they need the extra cash generated from Zelda to cover the cost of Manufacturing Revolutions.

Its a good way to cover what could have a loss making quarter. And it would keep the shareholders happy.

By far the best idea ever to release world-wide in June 2006, this stops people importing and gets a HUGE head-start from Sony (hopefully).

Should be true. :awesome:

well lets just hope its true, we'll probably have to wait until nearer the 360 launch before we hear anything concrete.

2 days before the 360 launch. Nintendo Statement "the long awaited Nintendo revolution will be launched in March 2006. Sprong got it wrong they are idiots. the console will ditch the code name Revolution and take the name "super mega nova" and is far superior to anything release this generation or next. if you still want to go and waste your money on the crap box 360 go ahead. oh and revo-europe will have to change it name and the site will be taken up by a group of "europe must be all one republic" fanatics"

this is the view of nintendo and not necessarily that of this reporter.

Sign in to follow this