NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Marshmellow

My Recently Aquired Computers

So i went to this city auction thing where they aucioned off old city equipment in big lots but for low prices. So i ended up getting a big shelf 3 monitors and 3 cpu's for only $30!!

here are the pics

Picture099a.jpg

The 3 CPU's

Picture098.jpg

The 3 Monitors

haha yah their pretty crappy but imma take em apart and make one relativley good one but for $30 they aint bad

I just have to point out that the tower isnt the CPU.The CPU is a tiny chip inside the tower no bigger the 4 postage stamps.

awesome dude cant go wrong for that! :D 3 keyboards aswell!

and christophicus, isnt that being a bit pedantic? :heh:

I suppose i am but its a commen missconception and i was just letting him know what the cpu was,i did not intend to be nasty,I would appreciate if some added to my knowledge as many people have on this forum, and i hope he will too.

by the way i must congradulate you on you buy,you acn hook them together and have a 4 player age of empires game now!that would be so cool.

I havent tried them yet... since all my other computers at home have windows running on them imma buy Linux and put it on the one and the other i will use for spare parts... the specs for the one im keeping is a Intel Pentium 3 800MHz, 768mb RAM, sadly only a CD-ROM drive (will be upgraded) and im not really sure on the HD capacity so yah A PRETTY DAMN GOOD DEAL!!! lol i cant wait to start up them up with LINUX!!!

You don't have to buy Linux either, it's free.

My university department recently gave away a load of old comps and I got a unit with an Athlon 850 and 568MB of RAM. I've not decided what to do with it yet.

use it as some sort of a storage server. Keeps your main pc nice and clean, with more room for games.

or you can turn it into an ipcop firewall.

Here are the pieces of the two out of three computers i took apart

100_5305.jpg

Here are all the pieces the motherboards, the drives, the fan, the HD, the CPU, the RAM, and everything else haha the things in paper towels are pieces from the first comp i took apart and are already wrapped up:D and i actually took it apart w/o breaking anything!!!

100_5311.jpg

here is the CPU i know u want this beastly CPU!!!

Careful putting stuff on the carpet. Static electricity might screw you over.

Yep, thats a sure fire way to fry your cpu.

just put linux on it and umm just play around with Linux on them haha but i mostly got them so i could practice taking apart and rebuilding a computer:D

I think its probably too late.

just put linux on it and umm just play around with Linux on them haha but i mostly got them so i could practice taking apart and rebuilding a computer:D

Like the others have said, putting the kit on the carpet ain't a great move because of all the static buildup. And do you use an anti-static wristband for when you're handling the components?

Old spare PC's are always good for learning to use Linux and generally mess about with hardware, because I suppose there's no big loss if anything fails.

Sign in to follow this