N-Europe

Mac vs Windows

Jasper

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably been said before, and I'm going to say it again...

The only reason why people get Macs is because they can't use a PC, it is as simple and as straight forward as that.

erm . . . NO.

Funny stuff, but why are PC users so worked up over the mac?

Why are you so worked up when people prefer Windows to Macs?

I don't have a problem with people that use macs, but those who do seem to think MS is the devil.

You can have a windows pc if you want, don't bother me none, but that comment was about the pictures you've posted of an OLD 'backlash' against apple computers.

You can have a windows pc if you want, don't bother me none, but that comment was about the pictures you've posted of an OLD 'backlash' against apple computers.

lauren.jpg

Face it, if anyone posts a MS related Article you jump down their throats faster then anything.

Face it, if anyone posts a MS related Article you jump down their throats faster then anything.

nopes. I don't.

M$ do some good things, and if i was a PC gaming i'd have no real choice but to run windows on my computer. But Blizzard games and a few late mac ports from EA etc are enough to stop me from being bored.

wow, didn't think this THIS would happen!

nopes. I don't.

M$ do some good things, and if i was a PC gaming i'd have no real choice but to run windows on my computer. But Blizzard games and a few late mac ports from EA etc are enough to stop me from being bored.

That didn't help mate.

The only reason why people get Macs is because they can't use a PC, it is as simple and as straight forward as that.

Ridiculous comment.

I'm quite annoyed I came back into this thread. People need to stop telling other people how to think.

It annoys me that if you're a Mac owner you're suddenly seen as some arrogant ponce who thinks he's better than everyone else because of his computer. That's definitely not what I think, and yes, maybe I spent more money on something I happen to like. Does that somehow make a difference to your life? Probably not.

I own a Macbook because I enjoy using it, not because I want to be part of some exclusive club.

Ridiculous comment.

I'm quite annoyed I came back into this thread. People need to stop telling other people how to think.

It annoys me that if you're a Mac owner you're suddenly seen as some arrogant ponce who thinks he's better than everyone else because of his computer. That's definitely not what I think, and yes, maybe I spent more money on something I happen to like. Does that somehow make a difference to your life? Probably not.

I own a Macbook because I enjoy using it, not because I want to be part of some exclusive club.

Because no offence mate, and I'm not trying to tar everyone with the same brush...

But wether it be on the internet or real life, thats what Mac Users tend to be

I had been using a PC with Windows installed for 6 years; got an A* in my GCSE ICT and a predicted AB in my Double Award A Level ICT class; then decided to go for a Mac.

Oh shoot wait a sec', what's this 'Start' button do?

I had been using a PC with Windows installed for 6 years; got an A* in my GCSE ICT and a predicted AB in my Double Award A Level ICT class; then decided to go for a Mac.

Oh shoot wait a sec', what's this 'Start' button do?

People say alot of things on the internet, however I am happy for you...

My point is though, the reason why people go for Macs is because they get fustrated by PC's.

If I had a pound for everytime someone said "This PC is shit" I would be rich, people lose patience in PC's because they don't realise that you can't turn it off by the plug and other shite. If you know how to use a PC and know how to get the most out of it it pisses all over the Mac, however for people who can't the majority anyway, they go for the mac

I had a PC all my life, used every version their ever was of windows, regularly built computers with fresh install of windows, I then decided on a mac last year. Because obviously I couldn't fathom how to turn a pc off, the electric bill was massive....

People say alot of things on the internet, however I am happy for you...

My point is though, the reason why people go for Macs is because they get fustrated by PC's.

If I had a pound for everytime someone said "This PC is shit" I would be rich, people lose patience in PC's because they don't realise that you can't turn it off by the plug and other shite. If you know how to use a PC and know how to get the most out of it it pisses all over the Mac, however for people who can't the majority anyway, they go for the mac

I love how you've changed your argument from "can't use a PC" to "get f[r]ustrated by PCs". What's next, "they have oh so little niggles with PCs".

The fact remains again, I didn't go for a Mac simply because I got frustrated with my PC. And I also knew how to get the most out of my PC; and it did not "piss all over" my Mac.

Basically, either of the two general simple answers for such a complex case of what technology people decide to use, are both bullshit.

There is only one way to do this people. You need a MacBook and a Windows desktop. TBH appart from the mac being easier to use in most places and the amount of games Windows has, there is sod all difference. It took me about 5 minutes to get used to my MacBook and I'd use it about as much as my PC if it wasn't for the fact that I can carry it around everywhere.

There is one think that I would have to say, at least in my experience, Mac laptops seem to be better built than most laptops...

There is only one way to do this people. You need a MacBook and a Windows desktop. TBH appart from the mac being easier to use in most places and the amount of games Windows has, there is sod all difference. It took me about 5 minutes to get used to my MacBook and I'd use it about as much as my PC if it wasn't for the fact that I can carry it around everywhere.

There is one think that I would have to say, at least in my experience, Mac laptops seem to be better built than most laptops...

Internet High Five *Holds up hand*

So finally the Mac lads catch up.

The Mac Book is possibly the best laptop around. The iMac and MacPro are, on the other hand, an overpriced piece of poo.

If you want a desktop and all the benefits that go with that then get a Windows PC. If a laptop is you're poison and you ain't bothered about money or games then buy a Mac Book

So finally the Mac lads catch up.

The Mac Book is possibly the best laptop around. The iMac and MacPro are, on the other hand, an overpriced piece of poo.

If you want a desktop and all the benefits that go with that then get a Windows PC. If a laptop is you're poison and you ain't bothered about money or games then buy a Mac Book

I might have said this beefore, but you do pay for the quality, service and ease. Yes, in simple fact they're overpriced for the hardware they do incorporate. However, these systems you simply work. No need to assemble all the parfts for half the price and get Windows installed on it. No need to pay 250 for your OS. And I'm going to be honest here, MacOS X is a great OS. It works extremely well and is an ease to use. Not like Ant-Shimin so nicely pointed out that's it's so easy people want to switch to it. Ant-Shimin, there doesn't have to be a reason why people switch to Mac. You're acting as if Macs are always second choice and worse than PC's. They're still great machines, combined with design and an incredible OS.

You pay for everything you get on mac, off course. You pay for OS X as well as iLife, as well as those nice power adaptors with the lights in them. It's all in the little details. And then again, no regular consumer (and let's face it, we're fighting over the regular consumer) looks that much at specs - he doesn't know anything about it!

MS is on to some good stuff, but in the end, they're both fighting for the same consumers. And macs are overpriced, but that's what you choose for. As a mac user, you could say PC's are underpriced. And if I was a real fanboy I would say that all those PC-publishers could easely ask what Apple asks, but then everyone would buy a mac simple because they know how to design a computer. I'm just trying to point sdomething out here, so don't attack for this fanboyism - I'm not the greatest mac-fanboy that exists (point your fingers aat Takeo, who defends Apple even if they would start World War 3, and Steve would be the new 'Heil! Steve!')

I'm just trying to point sdomething out here, so don't attack for this fanboyism - I'm not the greatest mac-fanboy that exists (point your fingers aat Takeo, who defends Apple even if they would start World War 3, and Steve would be the new 'Heil! Steve!')

Jesus. Dude. Please stop all that shit. Your post was going so well, apart from a few spelling mistakes.

I've had a mac for about 2 months so fail to see how i can be the greatest fanboy even if you were trying to be funny.