NEurope
Atomic Boo

Wii Press Event: 22nd-23rd May

The 23rd Won't matter to us yet anyway....stupid NDAs (Hopefully someone breaks it...Isn't Nintendo Power rumoured to be ending soon...perhaps someone from there will spill the beans).

Well i'm not getting excited just incase, i've been there and done that.

Do you know what time the SSBB site launches?

20 May, 4PM or later.

This is from GoNintendo who nicked it from IGNs Wii-k in review.

- MP3:C/SMG/SSBB coming this year, but if one gets bumped it will be SMG

- Nintendo media summit confirmed again, online media get their time on the 22nd, print media on the 23rd

- Expanded audience DS/Wii game being announced Monday

Now that was cold :heh:

I will laugh when the other newsies need to handle E3 information when i'm on holiday :heh:

I'll think about you lot honest! I think I come back on the day it ends...

E3 sucks when you work at a games site. Us mods made our job easier by closing the boards so no one could post a new topic. :heh:

I thought it was the 22nd May?

Sorry, 21st May, 4pm or later (I assume by "Japan Time", it'll be uploaded midnight in Japan - the banner seems to change at eround 4pm, too)

The 23rd Won't matter to us yet anyway....stupid NDAs

Yeah agreed, 22nd is for the websites and 23rd for print magazines all the stuff that will be shown off on the 23rd will be embargoed.

The latest episode of IGN wii-kly has revealed a few interesting details some related to this press event:

- Info from the Ubisoft even is still embargoed

- Harry Potter and MySims are looking good

- Ghost Squad is looking to be fun, NiGHTS is still looking rough

- House of the Dead is/was being developed for Wii, but may have been cancelled

- Spider-Man 3 sold 36,000 units for Wii

- Pirates game is okay, lag issues, but graphics are pretty nice

- Manhunt 2 is looking really good. They’ve played 4 hours of it, and the entire IGN offices were watching

- The Bigs coverage coming next week

- MP3:C/SMG/SSBB coming this year, but if one gets bumped it will be SMG

- Nintendo media summit confirmed again, online media get their time on the 22nd, print media on the 23rd

- Expanded audience DS/Wii game being announced Monday

Have bolded some important stuff

Yeah agreed, 22nd is for the websites and 23rd for print magazines all the stuff that will be shown off on the 23rd will be embargoed.

The latest episode of IGN wii-kly has revealed a few interesting details some related to this press event:

Have bolded some important stuff

Does nobody read my posts :(

Does nobody read my posts :(

LOL! Sorry! I only read as far down as Cube's post and then replied to that! and posted what I'd read!

i'm really interested to hear what this 'expanded audience' title is. Surely its either Wii Music or Wii Health.

Okay, this is one of my last chances to request someone to give me a PM news round-up while im away for 5 days doing D of E practice.

Please someone comply.

mmmm, i'm getting slightly hyped and don't want to! Must stay calm. :D

So if all is correct/true, we should hear stuff Monday/Tuesday right? Just have too wait and see, i'm still a little suspect.

Is 36,000 units in over a couple of weeks period good? Because to me, that is pretty bad...maybe? I'm slightly surprised. :idea:

Okay, bye guys, i'll be leaving for D of E tomorrow at 8:00 am, so here's to hoping we have a barrel full of information and quality announcements, and to hope that Boo will be announced in Brawl. Hopefully I'll be enlightened when I get back on Friday, and good luck to everyone who's remaining hopeful. Wish me luck too!

Wierd, the japanese still have 8 days to wait for their site to relaunch while we only have 2.

Wierd, the japanese still have 8 days to wait for their site to relaunch while we only have 2.

That "8" is not a number. It's a word. It translates to "days".

The big 2 is for both languages.

That "8" is not a number. It's a word. It translates to "days".

The big 2 is for both languages.

You learn something new everyday :heh:

I believe Smash Bros site will open on tuesday, same time as the media event. Unless my calculations are wrong.

It doesnt seem likely to me that they would update the site just after midnight in Japan. They probably will update it around noon, and that makes 3 am CET.

So what time GMT is this all kicking off and what day, is it monday night or tuesday night?

time zones confuse me...

i'm really interested to hear what this 'expanded audience' title is. Surely its either Wii Music or Wii Health.

Something shit like that, yeah.