NEurope
Atomic Boo

Wii Press Event: 22nd-23rd May

We have all got the feeling that a lot of stuff is going to be announced over the coming couple of weeks. Well here, you can talk about the latest news ask questions and put forward your views.

Titles such as Brawl and Corruption are looking to have major(?) announcements and there will surely be other small points after the game day, which could be about anything, other titles or new wii channel info etc.

So brace yourselves for the time with much anticipation, we've not had much to go on recently, (big news wise that is) so now that it is coming we can all look forward to what is to come.

For now this thread could be used to discuss what you want from the next couple of weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S I won't be around from the 20th through to the 25th of this month, so if one of you peeps out there could PM me a small news round-up it would be much appreiciated.

I doubt we'll have an overflow of info, so you can watch the main site :P

I doubt we'll have an overflow of info, so you can watch the main site :P

But you haven't considered this week as an overflow of info have you? well i missed checking out the home page for 2 page and there were quite a few cool pieces of news that i missed out on. So if there is a week which could hold a bit of news id like to keep posted.

I think it could be cool if we/you made a summary of the news in the first post with links.

Of course if you are going away that might be a problem.

I think it could be cool if we/you made a summary of the news in the first post with links.

Of course if you are going away that might be a problem.

Yeah, I would've liked to do that, but as you said, it is a problem. Tis a shame because i like to be of use to the forum. Maybe one of the admins could do it?::shrug:

I really don't think you need to get all hyped about one little thing Matt Cassamina said.

I really don't think you need to get all hyped about one little thing Matt Cassamina said.

Except that there is many other journalists that have hinted about same event. Nintendo is clearly holding event next week, but we don't know how big it will be. Probably big, as it is meant to counter Sony's gamer's day that started today*.

* event is embargoed till friday

Ah, ok, I guess I didn't quite understand it.

That's pretty awesome news, really. Still, I refuse to get hyped on such short notice.

Yea. He says stupid stuff like when he said a fighting game on the GameCube will appear on the Wii as an adventure game.

Except that there is many other journalists that have hinted about same event. Nintendo is clearly holding event next week, but we don't know how big it will be. Probably big, as it is meant to counter Sony's gamer's day that started today*.

* event is embargoed till friday

Not disagreeing with you or anything but who else other than Matt has talked about this event?

Not disagreeing with you or anything but who else other than Matt has talked about this event?

True, the intarwebz would have exploded long before this if other people had said it.

I think we are seeing quite a flood of games announced this week...It's almost as if the developers have forgotten that it's not E3. But then again I guess it does figure, a lot of companies plans etc...fiscal plans have always equated for an event and unveiling in May, so it comes as no surprise. I guess they don't know how the new style E3 in July will pan out and even less what function E for All will serve.

At least Chris Kohler, few Neogaffers, and my private source have hinted at it.

True, the intarwebz would have exploded long before this if other people had said it.

Not really. NDAs are powerful things. And considering how quiet press was about Sony's gamer's day, there is no reason whatsoever to believe Nintendo couldn't do the same. :)

Even though there is no E3 in may now, I still think it will be a big month for games. Companies like to advertise their games at this time o'year and I think it is only right to make a thread for all of the things that will be revealed. I think people will be pleasantly surprised by what the next week has in store.

It will be big.

So...i know it's nothing to do with Nintendo, but when exactly will we get news from this Sony event which is happening this week?

So...i know it's nothing to do with Nintendo, but when exactly will we get news from this Sony event which is happening this week?

Check it out in the other consoles board.

I hope theres a new pikmin game on the way and Pilotwings Wii

I'm hoping for some more info about what Monolith are up to now Nintendo has acquired them.

I hope theres a new pikmin game on the way and Pilotwings Wii

Starfox and F-Zero as well maybe? There may even be Galaxy info.

Id love to see Free Radical make an exclusive Second Sight sequel on the Wii, it would suit it so well, the controls;flinging people around the room with telekenesis(sp?) and shooting, plus the sort of 'cartoony-realism' graphics that the Wii is capable of.

The last two weeks have felt a little like E3 but without the booths and babes

That was E3 ;)

New Tony Hawks' Proving Ground is coming to Wii.

It looks like third parties are finally waking up: New Tony Hawk, The duck hunting game, new game from the Parappa people, Tomb Raider Anniv, the Square-Enix games, WayForward game, Soul Calibur Legends, Rock Band, Ghost Squad, Karous, Project Rygar, Gundam...

Get out! (Note high-lighted words)

Get out! (Note high-lighted words)

What? Did he say that there's a new duck hunting game, even though there isnt one?

Im confused.